Kid reviews for Moonstruck

Award-winning '80s romcom has some mature themes.

Teen, 13 years old Written byAyylil December 7, 2018

Great movie but not recommended for young children

I love this movie....it’s mostly appropriate but I don’t know if young kids will understand the story line...it’s about two people who fall in love while Loretta (cher) is going to get married to someone else....there is a scene where someone threatens to kill their self..I think the worst part for kids to see is when Nicholas cage picks up Cher they kiss and then he carry’s her to the bed...you don’t see anything but there are some interesting things said like “take it all out on me” and there is also some very obvious moaning...there’s barley any violence the only bit of violence is when Cher slaps Nicholas cage a cross the face.

Teen, 14 years old Written byJaneGodfrey September 18, 2015

A lot of Sex

This movie isn't intended for kids at all. It has some nice messages, and a good ending, and everybody finds love and everything. But oh my gosh, all the other stuff that goes on in there! The whole thing has a bunch of cheating going on, some strong language, and heavy kissing. A man grabs a woman, lifts her in the air, and yells "son of a b***!" as he is walking. The woman asks where they are going, and he says to the bedroom. She then said, "take me, I don't care!" He lays her on the bed, and then all you can see is her moaning with obvious pleasure. Nothing is shown. Later in the movie she is about to break up with him, because she is engaged to his brother, and he tells her to get in his bed. For obvious reasons. She breaks up with her fiancée and marries his brother two days later. So, definitely not great role models. There was no violence, not a lot of swearing, almost no money, and some drinking, but only normal.