Parent reviews for Mortal Kombat

Silly, gory but great-looking and fun martial arts fantasy.

Parent Written byNolty F. April 30, 2021

Read this review if you know what’s best.

I’m not going to spoil, but this movie is a gore fest. Some dismemberment in combat, and overall pretty gory fight scenes. The most brutal parts were in 2 scenes. One scene included Kano’s fatality and this included a monster getting his heart ripped out of his chest. It shows the heart still beating for about 5-7 seconds. But perhaps the most brutal part is where Kung Lao throws his bladed hat in front of a person as they fly head first into the hat. This splits the person in half as you see the brain cleaved in two as the blade continues to cut all the way down cutting her in 2. Although very gory, this scene only lasts about 6-10 seconds in total from the cutting, to him saying flawless victory. This movie is an awesome movie with good messages about teamwork and fighting evil. This movie is definitely worth a watch for mature fans and adults. I recommend for 15+ but no younger than 13+ if very mature.

Adult Written byKiP-Hopa April 27, 2021

Flawless Victory

Greatest video game adaptation ever made !
Parent of a 6, 14, and 17-year-old Written bymelty36 April 30, 2021

Gore, Blood, Fighting, and Martial Arts....What a Great Reboot!

I was hesitant to let my mature 14yr old watch this as I heard it was brutal on the violence. That was correct. It starts out in the 1st 5 minutes! No spoilers here.... There were several scenes with sub titles. My kid knew all the characters by name and their stories/history. I remember playing this game and really just wanted to see the guy with 6 arms. My kid absolutely loved this movie while I kind of cringed about the violence he was exposed to. I watched this with him because I wanted to see what the hype was about. Teamwork, diversity, and good vs evil are themes presented.

Adult Written bya_mhm April 9, 2021

Its AMAZING!!

I loved the movie! If your child is younger than 14 then you can let them watch it but it has too much swearing so if your child is mature they should be fine, tho there is just one scene of a kiss but its nothing too big. although the movie was amazing and I loved it! I really recommend watching it!

Adult Written byZain A. May 10, 2021

The best and most accurate review

It has just the right amount of violence

Adult Written bytheknight57 May 13, 2021

Gory, violent, and for fans of the games

Mortal Kombat is an movie that basically resets the Mortal Kombat film series, where it originally was classified as PG-13. This new R rated film perfectly encapsulates what made the video games great in the first place, showcasing what the characters can do in such an freeing, yet restrictive space. Most of the violence is from the brutal, but sometimes unrealistic fatalities, which are extremely graphic, with bloody gore shown, which could prove too much to handle for kids. There’s also a ton of swearing and a bit of sexual references in the film, with most of the swearing belonging to the film’s standout character Kano. All in all, the film deserves it’s R rating, but it should be noted that the film is not that suitable for children to begin with (considering the violence almost made the film an NC-17)

Adult Written byZansel May 11, 2021

Just okay but as a set up for more it works.

Nothing happens that stays on screen too long. Yeah its violent. But if the kids played any mk game they've seen far worse violence.

Adult Written bygtckokko May 10, 2021

Adult Written byda_Unknown May 10, 2021

You want the best review here it is

the really best and non-lying review

Adult Written byless gooo May 10, 2021

This is a mind reader

It is the truth

Adult Written byConcernedParent4102 May 1, 2021

Violent but okay

This movie is essential Tom and Jerry with superpowers and blood. While it can be a bit gory it is all very tong and cheek. Nothing serious or dramatic like in movies like zero dark thirty. Fun action movie for pre teens
Adult Written byEgiron917 April 27, 2021

Foul language throughout

Do not let your young children watch this crap. Please. It’s Ridiculous the amount of cursing in this movie. I really thought it was going to be like the first one, but I was so wrong. Whoever wrote this movie, needs a dictionary to add some substance to their words.