Parent reviews for Mouse Hunt

Mouse Hunt Poster Image

My 5yo enjoyed it and so did I

The movie does get a little risque as mentioned, but I watched it with my 5yo and we all liked it. She liked the over-the-top antics, and the humor/plot wasn't bland enough to put me to sleep. I don't think the mildly sexual segments will ruin my kids future.

Inappropriate PG movie

Too many curse words, too many non kid-friendly scenes (sexual innuendo). I wouldn't have let my 5 year-old watch it if I knew these things.

Disgusting & Dark

Sure some parts were slapstick funny, but it was also disturbing and dark and full of sexual innuendos as well as a naked scene. OBSCENE! I'm really disappointed that we watched it. We had to skip over at least one scene. I wish I'd skipped over many scenarios. If I had known they were coming up, I would have! Don't bother- it's the worst, not kid friendly AT ALL.

Worst "kids" movie I have ever seen!!!

I am not what anyone would consider a 'strict' parent...but this was WAY WAY beyond what any kid should watch. The violence was bad, the plot about killing a mouse was a little disturbing to my daughter- but the sexuality and cussing was the worst part. I let my daughter watch the Avengers and while it's a little more violent than I would prefer- it's an OK movie for preteens...but this was just beyond that. It was disgusting- and while my husband told our daughter to cover her eyes at the part when one of the brothers is walking around naked (covering his privates with a ball of string) the fact that he walks in to his office to find his half naked wife was SHOCKING...but paled in comparison to both brothers groping two NON CONSENTING WOMEN IN PUBLIC.

lots of fun

This has been a family favorite for a long time. There is a lot of intense action against a little mouse, but it is done in a very slapstick and funny way- nothing that I would consider really worrisome unless you take every action against the mouse very seriously. It is meant to not be taken seriously. Sort of home alone against a mouse that is ruining these 2 guys inheritance of an old house. Our whole family loves this movie!

mouse hunt

So...I'm perusing through some reviews after I do a Google search trying to find out what time frame mouse hunt is set in (any guesses?) and I come across all this ridiculousness. Why is this movie rated a 3/5for "sexy stuff"? There is maybe one scene with anything like that...and its not so blatant that a kid could see what's up. A young kid would have no clue and an older one surely would already have some knowledge prior to this...so what is the big deal? And no kid is going to get the "innuendo" discussed. Its overall a cute movie. My 4 year old daughter loves it. The "violence" is compensated for by the fact that every time a stab is taken at the mouse...the mouse wins. Did it actually get hurt at any point? Don't think so. And how bout the ending? The main characters actually JOIN THE MOUSE in a partnership ...it's got a happy ending. This movie is pretty mild. It's called a "family movie" for a reason. Everyone can enjoy it, not just little kids. I rated it for kids 6 and up just because I think younger kids might be bored with it in between the mouse sequences.

Similar concept to Home Alone, but not a good movie for kids

Mouse Hunt contains two brothers who are facing recent difficulties, and focuses on the run-down mansion they inherit and especially on the elusive mouse that they cannot seem to kill. Depending on your sense of humor, this movie can be either funny or stupid. As you might expect, there are quite a few scenes where they try to kill the mouse, using a variety of tactics and causing destruction along the way. There are a few scenes that aren't good (these include one scene in which a little girl's cat is put to sleep, and especially the auction scene where the brothers have their hands inside women's shirts, with one of them trying to grab the mouse). The mouse on the cover is probably the reason why someone found this movie in the children's section of a library - Anyone who picks this one for their kids to watch will be shocked to find that there's adult-oriented material in the movie (it should be rated at least PG-13).

CSM Way Off on this one!

CSM rated it for 6 and up. Ridiculous! The CSM review states that the PG rating is for excessive cartoon-style violence The violence is cartoonish and stooge-like. That part didn’t send me over the edge as it did some who reviewed it. But the language and sexuality were completely inappropriate! For example, Referred to the cat as a "Giant P---y" "See You in H---, Mouse!", "What the H--- are you waiting for?!" Lars is naked (hidden behind string) and then, to seduce him, Lars' wife takes off her silk robe to reveal that she is wearing sexy lingerie. He later refers to the situation saying that she wanted him to "take her" in a way that he had only seen on the animal channel. "Hasta la vista, ya little rat b-----d." (2nd use of the word) "D--- Americans" (spelled out on the screen), S.O.B. Lars' puts his hands down the front of a woman's dress and frantically digs around for the mouse, clearly going south of the area as well. Ernie does the same without a mouse and fondles the woman, then sticks his hands in the front of Lars' pants, digging around for the mouse. I love Common Sense Media and review all PG movies before letting my kids see them. Clearly this time I didn’t read the adult comments thoroughly before viewing with my 9, 11, and 13 year-old boys. Shame on me! But shame on CSM too for rating it 6 and up.

Lots of Sexuality older kids will pick up on, too much for mom

ThiS show repetitively slips things in there that "kids won't catch." I had never seen it, and started off really likening it, but then the language, sex, groping and talk of killing and splattering brains got me. First his estranged wife shows up in lingere while the one brother is naked, and it cuts to the next scene where he talks to his brother about how awesome it was and that she begged him to take her and they "made love like I've only seen in nature movies." (she only came back because he was going to be rich) I thought those comments were bad BUT then the mouse went down the cleavage of a different woman the same brother flirted with and he shoved his hand down there searching for long while...almost up to his shoulder down the top of her dress...let's just say his hand was a lot lower than her breasts, and besides being shocked, the woman liked it. Then the woman's friend shoved the other brothers hand down her own shirt, and he left it there, slightly searching (try explaining that one to young kids). Then the mouse went down the brothers pants so the other brother shoves his hand down through the zipper while yelling "ill get it out!" and working hard in his pants while his brother groans and groans, and everyone else is in shock because they don't know of the mouse. Top it off with lots of language and no real moral besides kill the mouse and well I won't see it again.