Kid reviews for Mouse Hunt

Mouse Hunt Poster Image

The parent reviews are ridiculous

These insane parents actually think a MOVIE MEANT FOR FAMILIES is only OK for adults!? COME ON PEOPLE!!! Oh my GOD, parents can be VERY stupid.

It’s Fine But It Needs Changes

1. The Dead Dad is Alive & Flies Of a Coffin 2. That Sex Scene Was Not A Kiss 3. The B-Word Should Not Be In PG Movies 4. Thought The Movie Was Called Bros VS Mouse That’s My Review

goodish movie

it was somewhat funny, but it wasn't as exciting as i considered it to be. recommend for families to watch together. near the end, it has some graphic, that some families may find mildly inappropriate. overall the movie has a good plot and could be found interesting by people with a longer attention span.

Funny movie but for older kids.

Dont bother with this movie.

Honestly, this is perfect for a movie of its time period-The 90s. But if you actually think about it, the violence, plot and almost everything else about this movie is disturbing. It starts with two men's dad dying. They dont seem very upset, leading me to conclude that either the dad wasn't nice or the boys were selfish whilst the dad tried to provide. The dad leaves the boys his string factory, his old means of life. The try to sell it, against their dad's wishes (Granted, it was in his will.) Then the dad leaves them one of his old houses, which turns out to be a LaRue (Famous builder). The MISSING LaRue. They try to sell it a an auction it, but while organizing it they encounter a mouse in the home. From there on the entire movie revolves around killing it. Now someone tell me, why the HELL is the mouse the hero? The boys are poor and one's girlfriend just left him. Excuse them for trying to make it through the tough journey we call life. Aside this, the mouse thwarts the boys attempts to kill it (or vacate it). Not particularly original. The men use blunt objects, firearms and traps to kill it, but fail (As should be expected). While trying to renovate the old house, the boys blow what they have left money-wise. The mouse then destroys further what is left in the house. At one point, the boys bring home a Jacuzzi in an attempt to brighten up the place. The mouse ends up throwing the duo (And tub) into a frozen lake. In real life, this probably would have ended with the pair dying. Of course they make it back, but think. Innuendo is high and salty. One of the boys's (Lars) girlfriend is very cheating, but Lars is too stupid to notice. She flirts with many men, old and young. At one point, she's talking with a man in his 60s. Conversation (Girl is April): Man: Oh, April! Nice to see you again. April: *Rubbing his chest slowly with 2 fingers* Lars: 'Again'? April: It's just an expression, Lars. Dear god. I felt sorry for my brother (12) watching. There is also a time where April again hears of the auction, and she meets Lars in the string factory, wearing a seductive 1 piece outfit. Lars is naked and uncovers his...Ahem...stuff. April comments "You look cold. Let me warm you up." At another time, Lars sticks his hand down a womans shirt to get the mouse that dropped in between her cleavage. Lars brother is sitting beside the womans sister, so she takes his hand and sticks it down HER shirt. You can visibly see the other brother groping the woman thru her shirt. Lars then moves down to her legs area and feels there. Disgusting. At one point, the boys call an exterminator. He's beaten and bloodied and locked in truck in the attic. The mouse THANKFULLY calls 911, but in real life that man would've died. We see the after-effects; he's disorientated and crazy, making sounds, mimicking the mouse etc. The house is all but destroyed, and the boys manage to repair it (Somehow). The auction starts and the bidding continues. It gets very high (25 million), all the while the mouse runs around and caused havoc. The house is completely destroyed in the end, and the boys are left in the cold. Think about this: A priceless architectural masterpiece, destroyed by a goddamn mouse. Deep. They end up making friends with the mouse, restarting the factory and making cheese string balls, with the mouse being the spokesperson. What? The plot is terrible, but its not just that. I groaned about...37 times during the whole movie...The animation was a cry in shame for even that time. At one point, the mouse hangs on a pipe underneath a moving car. The mouse achieves ridiculous feats. The boys are constantly hurt. It ends with a friendship. Not original, not fit for young ones and honesty not a good movie. A few laughs, but not worth its picture even. )PS Lots of swearing, B*S*A*R*D, Goddamn etc.

Eh

Watched it when I was eight or so, didn't have an issue with it- I really don't think any kids will have a problem, and it'll get a few laughs. Now not a huge fan, humor is gross most times. You'd be better off watching an hour and a half of Mr. Bean. Gets repetitive. It's not horrible but I do think it's a waste of time.
I've seen this movie 2 times now, and I find it a bit odd for a PG rated movie. It's okay really, but there are some parts that could be cut out.

Not for kids younger than 12

I started watching this thinking that it would be a good comedy to binge on, and was very disappointed. There is a lot of swearing, and innuendo: In one scene one of the men is totally naked except for a little ball of thread that he is using to cover himself. When he runs into the other room to get some clothes on, his wife is in there with some sexy lingerie on, obviously intending to make love with him. In the next scene, he comments on them making love. I was very disappointed.

Comedy, but mild pg-13

Its really funny, except one man has a factory incident leaving him clothes less and covers his private with balls of string then he drops the ball and his wife is in sexy laundry after that there's a reference of making love like in nature films, standing for they had done sex, though some children might not understand it is defiantly more grown up.

good movie, good message

I think this movie is good for kids because though some parts are questionable, ernie and lars constantly try to kill a mouse and let their relationship fall apart but become close to eachother like they were and choose not to kill the mouse even when they have a perfect chance.