All teen and kid member reviews for Movie 43

Teen, 16 years old Written byB-KMastah January 27, 2013

The worst movie ever made. The biggest waste of talent ever.

I saw this opening day; in retrospect, I don't know why. I laughed at the jokes in the trailers, to be honest. I feel obliged to elaborate my review, which I posted on January 25, so here it is. This is a horribly made, stupid, uneven and beyond a WTF-fest. Every joke is completely immature and inane, completely relying on "offensive" jokes. It's one of the stupidest movies I've ever seen but I giggled once (I'll get into that later) but I felt like my IQ dropped 100 points afterwards. It's not necessarily due to the raunchy humor, (though that was a factor) but mostly how the entire film was witless and relied on childish jokes involving feces, bodily fluids, language and mild bestiality and incest. Some sketches were just horrendous and some were just awful. (Which one is worse? Exactly.) These are all DISGUSTING, crude, and void of any wit at all. I can laugh at crude; 21 Jump Street, Ted, and This is the End made me cry with laughter, but these are the worst things I have ever had to endure. The one with Anna Faris and Chris Pratt was unbearably awful and made me want to shoot myself in the face; it’s just one “joke” about how gross they can make dialogue about coprophilia, all while seemingly trying to harm the audience's intelligence. The iBabe sketch was really bad given how terminally stupid it was, as was the Beezel sketch given its terminal velocity of terribleness. I was disappointed by the Homeschooled sketch because the idea is actually very funny: two parents harassing their home schooled child in order to give him a true high school experience. However, that went past when it was funny and just became uncomfortable given the jokes about child abuse and mother-son and father-son incest. It truly could have been hilarious, but it just made me want to leave due to how mean-spirited and void of wit it was. Because this is a series of sketches, the characters aren't actual characters, just actors due to the non-existent plot and non-existent character development. The cast is good, so you're watching screen saying, "That's not a character, but it's just Emma Stone, who I really like." Right after that, you become overrun with an unspeakable amount of pity and depression in regards to how all of these amazing actors and actresses are in this: the worst movie of all time. (Keep in mind that I’ve seen Jack and Jill and Piranha 3DD.) Speaking of Emma Stone, her sketch was the only one that had me giggle. Her banter with Kieran Culkin and their love-hate relationship and jokes actually made me chortle once, and I'll admit that. (Their arguing, “chicken-egg” debate, the Golden Girls, etc.) The Batman and Robin sketch also had *some* potential elements of funniness, such as a joke about Superman's hair and comic book references, but it was wasted away. The timing is bad and the shots in the film feel like a first take, as if they didn’t even try. All mentioned moments, also, add up to about 20 seconds total. That’s 0.35% of the entire “film”. Ultimately, the most depressing part of it all is that the cast is actually in this crap. They don't seem to be trying and it's documented by one of the directors/producers that no one actually wanted to be in this; it's evident due to the horrid delivery of "funny" lines. The entire cast is wasted and nowhere in the 94 minutes of trash did they ever take advantage of their incredible, funny and talented actors. This is the stupidest film of all time but I somehow giggled once. Is it a good movie? No. Never. Not at all in the slightest. In fact, it’s the worst movie of all time. It has EVERYTHING wrong with Hollywood — and the world — in one atrocity. A-listers to cynically attract audiences (victims, really), a pile of trash that has absolutely no work put into it, no art whatsoever, a “comedy” with no laughs, and it somehow managed to make 94 minutes feel like four hours. After you cringe two or three times due to the humor (which is all driven by making people go “ew”, nothing else), you really do get bored. It’s so repetitive, and I can’t believe that not a single sketch was good. This could have been really good, considering the talent involved, but once they decided to make it all obscene, they should have stopped. There’s no way to win. You infuriate and insult 99.99% of the audience and once they become accustomed to the beyond lowbrow “humor” that it’s going for, you become numbed to it and begin to cry inside. It’s lose-lose-lose. It’s expected for an anthology to not be 100% great, but the ratio of miss-to-hit here is simply astounding. Sitting through it made me a stronger person, and one of the worst parts of it was that it was so incredibly boring. This is the biggest disgrace to cinema ever, something that I love near and dear, something that is truly my passion. I used to like a ton of these actors, but I won't be able to forget their involvement in this catastrophe. At least Elizabeth Banks’ sketch is halfway through the credits so most people won’t see it. Also, they cut out the sketch where Anton Yelchin played a necrophiliac that would rape female bodies at the morgue at which he worked. If I were to ever commit suicide, rest assured, Movie 43 would be blamed for my fatal actions. 0.6/10, suicidally disastrous, beyond atrocious, three thumbs down, the worst movie I've ever seen, etc.
Teen, 16 years old Written byndrwcd January 29, 2013

this will be without a doubt one of the worst movies made in 2013 maybe even one of the worst movies of all time

never seen movie 43 and I don`t intend to,plus this movie is great example why America is getting stupider
Kid, 12 years old July 20, 2013

should be nc17. worst movie ever

Teen, 17 years old Written bySean Broucek August 27, 2013

Super Crude, But Good.

Parents, this unbelievably hilarious comedy is very funny, but not appropriate for any kids, due to strong pervasive sexuality and crude language. Violence includes some gunplay and comical punching, with some blood. Sex is outrageously pervasive and graphic, including incest, a man with testicles hanging from his neck, sex scenes, full-frontal female and child nudity, a girlfriend asking her boyfriend to poop on her during sex, there is a device shown called an iBabe "which is a naked woman in a life-size iPod", and lots of graphic references. Language includes every single stereotype, swear word or offense known to mankind, including hundereds of uses of f--k, c--t, c--k, s--t, an much, much, much, much, much, much more. Also teen drinking. SUGGESTED MPAA RATING: Rated NC-17 For Strong Sexuality Including References Throughout, Graphic Nudity, Pervasive Language, Some Violence, Teen Drinking And Drug Use
Teen, 16 years old Written byjm97 February 25, 2013

Stupid yet hilarious

This was one of the stupidest, most pointless movie I have ever seen. That being said, it was hilarious. The sketches were funny, and the cast is oddly amazing for such a stupid movie. It is definitely not for kids though. There is full frontal nudity, extreme language, and many adult and sexual themes. I don't recommend it if you are looking for something that is intellectually stimulating, but if you want a laugh, go for it.
Teen, 17 years old Written bypaul334 February 20, 2015

A sesame street spinoff on how to count numbers

Movie 43 is about the count, and his journey from numbers 1 through 43. An educational, fun, and informative movie that is great for young kids.
Teen, 14 years old Written byJustin Rivera March 16, 2014

An Insult To The Art of Filmmaking

There isn't much to say about this cinematic catastrophe other than the fact that it's quite possible the worst film I think I have had the displeasure of watching. This film is an insult to the art of cinema and filmmaking. Full of top notch actors who provide nothing to this film. There is literally no plot, the actors try their hardest to make this film funny but they all fail miserably. This film is to be avoided at all costs, and I can't recommend it to anyone but I'm still going to talk about the content of this film because that's what this website is for. This film is extremely vulgar when it comes to content, the jokes are extremely crude (but unfunny), there is lot's of full frontal female nudity. There is a lot of swearing. It's okay for 16 and up, but it really shouldn't be seen at all by anyone.
Teen, 17 years old Written byabbacus April 1, 2013

Terrible.

Awful, awful awful. Why does this movie exist!?! I do not understand how this piece of crap got made into a movie! What's even more baffling is the talent involved in this movie-Hugh Jackman, Chloe Mortez, Halle Berry, etc. Why, Hollywood, why!?!
Teen, 14 years old Written byfoxlover14 August 21, 2015

If you turn off your brain, you'll still hate it

Each segment will get their own star rating and age reccomendation. Keep in mind I haven't seen ibabe or the overarching story. The Catch-1/5 Gross, Unfunny, Awkward Age 16 Homeschooled-1/5 Strange, Awkward Age 14 The Propostion-3.5/5 Strange, Gross, but oddly amusing. Age 15 Veronica- Creepy, Vulgar, and once again Awkward, even Emma Stone couldn't save it. Age 17 Superhero Speed Dating-1/5 Just Annoying Age 15 Machine Kids-1/5 Depressing and Uncomferting Age 14 Middleschool Date-4/5 Strangely Funny and Amusing Age 15 Tampax-4/5 Short, Darkly Funny Age 15 Happy Birthday-1/5 One Amusing Leprechaun attack, foul hostage leprechaun Age 16 Truth or Dare-1/5 Unfunny, Cruel Age 15 Victory's Glory-1/5 Racist, Offensive, terrible short Age 15 Beezel-3.5/5 Vulgar yet amusing Age 16
Teen, 13 years old Written byj1zz123 December 23, 2014

Great Movie!

Its a very appropriate movie
Teen, 13 years old Written byFazekas Adrián July 5, 2014

Very very bad movie!

That undertaken in this Hugh Jackman, Dennis Quad, and others? Horrible movie, Jackman testicles did not save.
Teen, 14 years old Written byrapgod December 17, 2013

NO JUST NO

WHAT I would have thought that Christopher Mintz Plasse and Chloe Grace Moretz who im in LOVE with by the way would have used their talents for something WAY better than this crap. I didnt even see it and I can tell it sucks I thought it would be better because they are in it but im already wrong
Teen, 13 years old Written byThomasLovesCinema November 30, 2013

What's Great About This Movie?

Let's start people..This is not a movie, this is a great bizarre sarcasm to hollywood. To the actors, glitches, movie genres, ALL. But one of most bizarre way you can think in a movie. Critics are beating this movie, but they don't understand the key of this movie, BIZARRE TWIST. Of course, you may think it's unfunny, childish, dumb, or whatever. But the truth is...The movie it's having fun of you if you don't get the joke, this isnt any other comedy... This is Movie 43
Teen, 16 years old Written byMovieMan626 October 11, 2013

Movie 43 is absoultely terrible.

Movie 43 is a complete and utter mess not worthy of screen time. The star studded cast is wasted (as is the usual with an ensemble cast), but this takes horrid to an all new extreme. It's trailer is pretty funny which led me into the theaters. A waste of my life. Distasteful and just plain awful, Movie 43 should be skipped by everyone.
Teen, 14 years old Written byMrPorygon August 22, 2013

An okay Movie

This movie is funny but sometimes the makers delve into the realm of disturbing, repulsive 'humour', can be funny but drags on , mainly because it doesn't expands beyond its basic principal, Disgusting Humour, but if you choose to watch this, watch the UK version as it has a funnier wtap-a-round plot that could lead to the END OF THE WORLD, if your bored one day, watch it, but until then, stick to Shawn of the Dead or Hot Fuzz or even The World's End
Teen, 14 years old Written byjb223 August 5, 2013

Do I Really Need To Say Anything

Teen, 15 years old Written byMrMovieBuff June 21, 2013

Movie 43 is horrible and nobody likes it.

Movie 43 is one of the stupidest movies of all-time. There is no redeeming value in this pitiful mess of a movie. I hate Movie 43 so much. The jokes and sex are utterly stupid. This "movie" is not for kids. In fact, it's not even for teens OR adults. I can't believe how vulgar it is. The humor in this movie is soooooooooooooooo dumb. If the jokes in this film make you laugh, you should get your brain gouged out and replaced with a new one.
Teen, 16 years old Written byUnknownpearson June 3, 2013

Very

Very dissappointing
Kid, 11 years old May 29, 2013

bad

stupid unfunny comedy that has no plot.
Teen, 13 years old Written byjasgreg12 May 25, 2013

Not Funny.

Not as funny than I thought it would be. In the trailer it looked way funnier. There is a lot of pointless cursing, which I think they are trying to make it funny that way but it is not. Lots of sexual situations. Only the last two stories are funny.