Kid reviews for Mr. Deeds Goes to Town

Snappy lines, stellar performances, Capra classic.

CLASSICAL DEEDS

Mr. Deeds goes to town is about a man that just gets dumped off with 20 million dollars. Mr. Deeds is a guy that is nice, loving, humble .This movie is black and white, but it is still pretty good. This movie is funny and it has some violence, drinking and smoking. There are parts that can be inspranatinal. I think this movie is worth watching maybe watching the whole series.

an awesome classic film

Mr. Deeds is a good classic movie. Even though it is black and white it can be inspiring. I really thought Frank Capra did a good job directing it. It had a good worldview in it. Some parts can be a little sketchy in some parts. Like sometimes people got drunk and it had a lot of smoking cause it was made in the 1930’s-1940’s. there was no sex in this movie. There were some fight scenes so there was some violence. It is a powerful story about a man everyone thought was insane and dumb comes to be one of the smartest and most clever people ever.

Mr.Deeds goes to town

I think that Mr.Deeds goes to town is a up lifting movie, it has a lot of humor, but it has a lot of drinking and smoking ,it is a black and white movie.The over all movie is very good. It is not my favorite movie but I would love to watch it again.this is a very good family movie and i encorage every one to watch it and wright a reveiw for every one to see what you what you think about the movie.

Teen, 13 years old Written byDangerousPenguines19 September 16, 2011

A True Classic.

Breaking away from the status quo of ‘black and white is boring’ is hard. So I watched this movie. “Mr. Deeds goes to Town,” is a great film, portraying that in America, any man, no matter his background can make his way into the “big time.” This movie shows mild drinking and smoking, but doesn’t in any what promote it. It actually shows the stupidity of it. There is some violence, so watch on when thinking of whose going to see this movie.
I personally liked this movie, kind of changing my ideas on black and white movies. It actually has better meaning, plot line, and more CLEAN comedy than 90% of our movies today (by personal opinion). To me, “Mr. Deeds goes to Town,” is a great film for the whole family.

An Ok Movie, Not My Favorite

I think this movie had a good message and worldview. The main character gave food and stuff to the hard working poor people, once he relized he was a lot more fortunate then them. Because people were getting money out of him. However there was a lot of drinking and smoking and also some violence. I did not see any cussing or sexual content though. I personally thought this movie was ok, But i am not really black and white type.

My favorite classic movie

I loved this movie! It was great but the content wasn’t amazing , like it showed a lot of drinking and smoking in it and some violence and a little bit of cussing. This movie made my opinion on black and white films a lot better! This is a movie perfect for ages 12+. I give it an –A. :)

Teen, 13 years old Written byred11 September 16, 2011

black and white movie

Mr. Deeds is a great family movie the would view is about a man receiving a big amount of money and gives it to those in need bat other man are trying to cheat him of his money. There is a little smoking and drinking bat it dose not promote it. I enjoyed the comity, the simplicity, and the story it told. I also loved how it showed you what it was like in the 1930 and how simple life was bake thin. It is a grate black and white film that I think any one would enjoy.

Teen, 13 years old Written byswimmer_1998 September 16, 2011

Funny, exciding, and very entertaining!

Mr. Deeds Goes to Town is a true classic. It does have some wrong content in it, like drinking, kissing, and a little smoking. It is a funny and dramatic movie, with a very good message. It is based during the Depression. And it talks about how it’s wrong to be greedy and have money as an idol in your life. Also, that you shouldn’t take advantage of people to get what you want, but instead give to the people who truly need it. I did like this movie. It reminded me not to be selfish, but thankful and appreciative of what I have.

Teen, 13 years old Written byAmazingestw11 September 16, 2011

Great black and white movie

Mr. Deeds goes to town is a comedy/ romantic movie. It’s a great black and white movie for teens and adults. The world view is a guy from a little town gets a lot of money and everyone is trying to take advantage of him to get his money. The best part of this movie is Mr. Deeds wants to help people in need with the money instead of keeping it to himself. There is some smoking and drinking in this movie but in this movie Frank Capra the director really makes it clear that it’s bad to do those things. This movie sets a great example and is a good movie for the whole family. I really liked this movie because of its message and the experience to watch a black and white movie.

Teen, 13 years old Written byoatmealann September 16, 2011

great classic!

Mr. Deeds goes to town is a good movie with a down to earth basic worldview . and how some people take advantage of others. It shows things from the simplicity of a small town to the chaos of the big city. I thought it did have a little to much drinking but not once did it show it as an “ok” thing. All in all this movie was a great classic!

Teen, 14 years old Written byAmazingest H. #76 September 12, 2011

Capra Classic!

I think this is a Great movie! It may be black and white and an old movie but it is directed by a great director, who knows how to make a movie! I think this movie has way too much drinking and smoking in it. I wouldn't want any 10-11 year old watching it. I think Capra does a great job of making it seem really real, by filming in real places and showing how the depression affected people and it showed how there weren't lazy people who were jobless, but people who were hard workers who needed a job or money. Overall this is a pretty good movie. I give it a B+