Kid reviews for Mr. Holland's Opus

'90s drama about inspiring teacher has some cursing.

Not a school Movie

This movie I don't believe is a good school movie because when we watched it the reactions of some kids were highly immature. I am in grade 7 and we watched it with grade 8's. When the gay guys were walking in front of the High-School some kids laughed and my friends dad is gay so she felt really left out. I would advise teachers not to play it in a school atmosphere with kids my age. (Around 12)
Teen, 13 years old Written byfirelard666 April 25, 2012

For the whole Family to Enjoy

It's an amazing movie with different peoples opinions and thoughts that were shown and respected.

Teen, 14 years old Written byMarcelo14 December 15, 2015

Beautiful

My teacher showed this movie to my class, and it is just so inspiring. A must-watch

Teen, 15 years old Written byTotally500 May 16, 2011

The Film every Music Teacher should see

I love this Film, It has to do with music and messages about it. Go See this Film

Teen, 13 years old Written byocie14 September 18, 2010

For teenagers and adults

The language isn't that bad, but there is a big creepy romance between the teacher and student. Pretty good movie. Really...inspiring.

Kid, 12 years old August 20, 2016

A good favorite for music lovers!

Mr. Hollands Opus is an encouraging story about a man who wants to create his own symphony, but when his son goes deaf, challenges await him from every corner. The ending is probably the best part of the whole movie, and is definitely worth watching!

Teen, 13 years old Written byEricCarrRulez February 20, 2011
Teen, 13 years old Written byno ur a towel June 7, 2010

Fun for the whole family!

I love this because I'm a very musical person! I play piano guitar base guitar drums bells xylephone (still can't spell it :P) triangle cowbell marumba vibraphone crash cymbals supspended cymbels base drum snare drum taumbirine reattles and mirracas!

Teen, 14 years old Written byILUVMEAT April 9, 2008

Amazing music movie

This is a great movie with a few sad parts but a must see for sure
Teen, 13 years old Written byPM1317 November 10, 2018

Heart warming, feel good movie.

This movie was really good and is a heartwarming feel good movie about life. This movie contains positive messages and role models and is also very inspiring. The movie has a couple instances with adult language, but is contained to a minimum. Overall I think this movie is really good.