Kid reviews for Mr. Peabody & Sherman

Mr. Peabody & Sherman Poster Image

Overly funny, witty, and educational.
Good!

Sensitive adaptation of classic sci-fi adventure.

Great For Kids

This movie is perfect for young kids because the scene often changes without making the movie too fast-paced or confusing, there are lots of characters and visually pleasing scenes.

Fresh, satisfying, and extremely educational historical comedy!

I used to think that no form of education could be fun or worthwhile, but boy was I wrong! This movie contains a lot of history lessons merged with oversized humor. This makes an incredibly great alternative to those bland Leapfrog cartoons that cause tantrums for your kids. No kid will be throwing a tantrum by the time the movie's over!

A movie designed for a kid's mind, with some jokes for those old enough to understand

I especially liked the Oedipus joke. Uneven storyline, but kids won't care. The "touching yourself" joke shouldn't cause any problems. Overall, a very imaginative, adventurous movie, but strictly for younger kids.

Dirty Joke

Sherman says, "You said booby!" and starts laughing. It's not funny, its inappropriate.

Peril-painted movie is "literate";kid tie-ins.

Mr. Peabody and Sherman has a great message, but lots of peril. Featured Titles: Violence and scariness 4/5: Peril. Crash landings, intentional death, important character is dead the whole movie, swords, physical fighting, fencing, attractions, etc. Sexy stuff 1/5: Interests, exaggerated breasts, stress talk. Drinking/Drugs/Smoking 1/5: In two scenes, Mr. Peabody and the Petersons are drinking wine off-screen. Positive Role Models 3/5: Mr. Peabody is a great role model that any dog can have a boy, and says a great quote for Penny and Sherman getting along. The wayback is good for role models, too! It can take you to the past and you can learn a bit about stuff that went on. This movie sucks. I don't even understand the message itself. I know Mr. Peabody is supposed to stick with Sherman no matter what, but what about the scene where he was flying PERFECTLY and when Mr. Peabody discouraged him, he crashed? The message still has to do with the opposite. The movie animation is great, but something that is adding stars to my review has to be big, eye-catching. Big Recommendation: NICE, 4/5 Stars. My Recommendation: JUST NO, 1/5 Stars.