Parent reviews for Must Love Dogs

Must Love Dogs Poster Image

Too cute!

Pretty good movie! It took me while to actually see this movie as I'm not a huge chick flick fan because they always turn out the same. However, yes this was predictable but it was also fun. I thought I'd only last about half of it but ended up watching it all! I admire John Cusack, he is such a wonderful actor. Diane Lane was refreshing (if you want to see her younger as a teen watch The Outsiders!) The film is an upbeat romantic comedy with plenty of laughs, but not much dog stuff which I was hoping for. Language is pretty mild. Sexual content is quite frequent but nothing extreme - lots of dating scenes, dating sites, talking about dating, kissing, a couple search for a condom and end up driving to several stores but then change their minds about going to bed, scene of a revealing cleavage shown in a skimpy dress, lots of relationship talk...etc. No real violence to worry about. I'll be watching this one again soon!

I enjoyed the movie. It was kind of predictable but that can be comforting sometimes. Use your discretion as a parent before allowing your teen to view it. J.E.N.

OK for 16 & up, not preteens

Sarah's older sister is trying to help her get back into dating after a divorce. The internet dating angle is probably close to real, shows good & bad results (e.g.- one date being her own father who found it rather humorous). Close family, but maybe a little pushy concerning her personal life. Yes, basically it's a 'chick flick' but my husband enjoys it, too.

i cried!

This is a sweet love story for husbands & wifes to see.