Kid reviews for Mustang

Girls forced to marry in powerful Turkish drama; some sex.

No reviews yetAdd your rating

Teen, 15 years old Written bygnewman April 7, 2017

Amazing movie but think twice before showing young teens

I went to this movie with my mom, and while it remains one of my favorite movies I would never take a child or a young teen. The headstrong attitude of the five sisters fighting against their uncle's oppression makes you love them as well as several characters who help them, and it leaves you in all the more shock when only several of their lives turn out okay. What caught me and my mom off guard is that the uncle is seen several times going into the girls bedrooms while they are sleeping. Everything is shown off camera without explicit confirmation but you hear whimpering from some of the girls. After one such incident the grandmother finds out and the audience realizes the uncle has most certainly been molesting the older girls. Because this movie is from the perspective of the youngest sister, it subtly depicts many serious issues that are not fully understood by the main character. Still, these issues come through as deeply troubling to the main character and to audiences of any ages and therefore I would never show this to kids.

Teen, 14 years old Written byCrystal3 June 4, 2017
I think The movie Mustang is really good. There is some sex talk and the girls use words like "boob" and "virgin". In one scene you see the uncle go into their room while they are sleeping and then the camera points to the door and you hear the girl whimpering. In another scene you see a guy in underware and a girl standing next to the bed naked but wrapped in bed sheets after sex.