All parent member reviews for My Cousin Vinny

Educator Written byWaltCD August 5, 2013

Fantastic Movie with a bit of cuss words

This is a fantastic movie that can be watched over and over. I'm sad to see the rating here only 3 stars. Remembering this movie, I thought it was rated PG, but I see that due to the language, an R is necessary. Still, this is a movie that can be enjoyed by most all children 13 and over.
Parent of a 12 year old Written bycrankylibrarian January 3, 2014

Mean Streets goes to Mayberry

Culture clash has never been funnier than in this raucous tale of 2 bling wearing, gum chewing, leather sporting New Yorkers trying to rescue an unjustly accused young relative in rural Alabama. The language is pretty raw, as befits the characters, and there's a murder at the beginning, and a little sex talk, but nothing graphic. Great story about seeing beyond appearances and stereotypes.
Parent of a 11 year old Written byLauraJF February 5, 2011

OK for tweens, if they can handle the language

Although the language is crude, it's nothing my daughter hasn't heard elsewhere and she's old enough to know it's not acceptable to use even if she hears it. It's a very funny movie, one of my favorite comedies!
Parent of a 11 year old Written byJean12 December 13, 2009

This is one of our families favorite comedies! Marissa Tomei is perfect in this role. So much fun to watch her on the stand in court. My daughter is only 11 and has watched this with us. If it weren't for all the cursing, I would say it's appropriate for 11+. We had to have a discussion RE: not repeating these words etc... The message of honesty is good.
Parent of a 8 and 12 year old Written byAtHomeDad September 10, 2014

LOTS of swearing

We liked My Cousin Vinny and both our boys (11 & 8) are familiar with the F-bomb. It is not something they hear often, but they are aware it is a swear. The swearing in this is completely over the top. We almost turned the movie off. If cursing is an issue for you, don't bother
Adult Written byrobratings8901 August 19, 2014

Very funny.

This is a really great movie, with some pretty funny scenes. There is frequent use of language throughout, though. About the violence I will say this: 1st, the story centers around a murder, and there is a shot of a dead body with some drops of blood. Cops are seen holding guns. Next, 1 couple shares some kisses, and there are some suggestive movements. There is one scene where a character thinks he is going to become someone's sex slave. But really, if there weren't any language, it would be a PG.
Adult Written bymoviewannabe March 7, 2014

Hilarious; a few boring scenes

It would be funny to count how many uses of f*** are used in this. It is unstoppable. The lengthy courtroom scene involving the innocence of the two convicts was really boring. I nearly fell asleep watching the whole scene. Aside from that, it was funny.
Adult Written byMovieMan26 October 9, 2010

Hilarious, foul-mouthed courtroom comedy

This is one funny movie! I love this movie. The only reason I can think of to why I won't give this movie five out of five stars is because of the far-fetched evidence. But, I suppose that just makes it more fun. This is a great movie for anyone to see! Parents: There is non-stop foul language, some violent images and content, and sexuality, but no nudity. Bottom Line: Must-see comedy classic for everyone (of age) to enjoy! Thanks for reading! - Movie Man