Kid reviews for My Cousin Vinny

Courtroom comedy will appeal to teens. Some strong language.

Teen, 13 years old Written bything5313 June 1, 2017

very funny but lots of language

I love this movie so much. It has so many funny moments and lovable characters but the language is very strong. It deserves its R rating no doubt for its language. They say f**k in about every other sentence they say but they are from Brucand New York so what would you expect. Finally there is one scene when Vinny visits them in the prison and one guy didn't know who he was and thought that he was the guy at the prison who would make him is sex slave and they the f word alot during this scene. Over all it is an amazing movie. Watch it with your children and make sure they can handle the language. Hope this helped.

Teen, 13 years old Written byVenusFlyTrap May 26, 2020

Really funny, but too much cursing

I watched this when I was twelve; too young. It was very funny with great jokes and was well played out. I really enjoyed watching it. But, it has A LOT of bad words. Like A LOT, A LOT. Other than the cussing, it is a very good court/law movie. I would say teens and up.

Teen, 13 years old Written byActionMovieGuy May 9, 2020

Funny but ok

This movie is only rated R for the language. Other wise it would be pg-13. I didn’t really get the humor but I thought It was a good movie anyway. But great plot. I recommend this to adults who like family comedy. They would laugh they’re head off.

Teen, 14 years old Written byFuriousChicken27 February 1, 2020

Mmmmm grits....

I think this is a pretty good movie with some bad language (honestly, not as much as I encounter in high school). I counted 30 F-words in the entirety of this movie, which isn't as bad as Four Weddings and a Funeral. But every time an F-word did come up, I drank a sip of soda and said the number of F-words that had appeared so far. Luckily, it came out to an even 30. It's a fairly funny movie, and it should be allowed for any children who are mature enough to handle the bad language. There was a scene with the characters talking about grits, and all of a sudden, I REALLY wanted grits. Mmmmm grits....

Teen, 16 years old Written byelipotter18 December 9, 2019

Hilarious plot that keeps you interested, however there is heavy cursing throughout

The movie has a great cast and story that will keep you interested. Frequent use of the f word. There is a scene where we see a clerk who was killed, and there is also a fight scene. Besides that, the movie focuses on Vinny working hard and learning to appreciate the input others provide. He develops well as a character in order to prove the innocence of his relative in jail.

Teen, 15 years old Written bythequestioner September 16, 2019

Classic comedy easily could have been PG-13

The only reason this is R is due to the constant use of the f bomb. Thats it. There's no violence, sex, nudity, or drugs. It could have been PG if all the language was edited out.

Teen, 16 years old Written byCooltiger37 August 28, 2019

90s courtroom comedy has lots of swearing

Some of these R-rated films that I've seen really need to have that rating in order to really hit hard enough or fully express their creative vision. "My Cousin Vinny" is not one of them. I don't condemn profanity in films, but the fact that they had to shove nearly 35 f-bombs (among other lighter obscenities) in what was otherwise a very PG-rated movie really bugs me. Anyway, even with that, the film is still pretty hilarious, so teens who don't mind the swearing should have fun watching it. My MPAA rating: R for language.

Teen, 16 years old Written byStoogefan197 July 10, 2019

Awesome 90's comedy, with great acting, good plot, and bad language.

This movie is a classic, honestly the best courtroom comedy I've ever seen, and it still manages to wow me with it's awesome screenplay and amazing acting. All of the actors did an amazing job, but there are a couple of them of which they were Joe Pesci, Fred Gwynne, and Marisa Tomei, and all 3 of them did an amazing job, especially Marisa Tomei, who won the oscar for best actress in a supporting role. All in all, this 1992 comedy classic, is a must-see. 8.5/10.
Teen, 13 years old Written bySAS1306 January 6, 2018
Teen, 14 years old Written byJ-Train August 8, 2017

Clever Movie

This movie is really clever. It is super funny and is a classic courtroom movie. There are so many funny details and the ending isn't predictable at all. Time for the content review.

Violence 1/5: Gunshots and a Punch

Sex 1/5: Some Kissing

Language 5/5: Frequent use of the F word and other stuff such as S***.

Suggested MPAA Rating: R (Once again, the language makes this movie R. Young teens probably won't find this movie very interesting either.)
Teen, 13 years old Written byamullins27 May 16, 2017

MY FAVORITE MOVIE EVER

i was fine to the language used. But if you don't want your kids to hear swears don't watch. If you are fine with swearing (which is the only "innoprapate" thing) THIS MOVIE IS SO FUNNY! I HAVE MEMORIZED ALL THE LINES JUST FROM WATCHING IT SO MANY TIMES AND EACH TIME IT GETS FUNNIER! PLEASE WATCH THIS!

Teen, 13 years old Written byCarmela03 January 31, 2017

Kid, 9 years old August 16, 2015

Flawless Courtroom Comedy With Some Mature Content

Firstly, the acting is flawless, and the jokes are hilarious. I cannot emphasize enough how great this movie is.
But, sadly, this movie is not for everyone. There is a quite a bit of swearing, and more disturbingly, a sex-talk scene, which most children will not understand, but the movie will probably be turned of if the adults recognize the joke. Besides that, not much content to worry about. The three-star rating common sense media gives is completely and utterly ridiculous. A fantastic movie.

Teen, 16 years old Written byjlos November 30, 2014
I don't understand why it is rated R it makes no sense
It is completely appopriare with the exception of a few curse words

Kid, 11 years old November 23, 2014

Very good, very funny, some strong language

I watched this movie a little under a year ago, and it was the first R-rated movie I'd ever seen. If your kid knows not to use the language, then it is hilarious. Okay for ages 10-12, definitely very good for ages 13 and up

Kid, 11 years old November 11, 2014

Smart and original comedy is fine for older tweens

Sex- 2 (Mild themes)
Language- 4 (Frequent Coarse Language)

Kid, 11 years old July 8, 2014

An Amazing Movie!

I saw this movie a long time ago, and I love it. I believe it is rated R for language. I don't remember much about it, except for the fact that it was a great movie. It isn't a scary movie and I think teens will be able to watch it, despite the R rating. A lot of kids my age would find it boring, though. Edit: I do remember Vinny--the lawyer--lying. He said he was in practice for six years, but he only had been a lawyer for six weeks. If you don't want your child to see people lying, I don't suggest this.

Teen, 13 years old Written byyellowbunny16 July 22, 2011

good but inappropriate

i personally love this movie, its hilarious there is a lot of cussing but thats what makes the movie funny, the rest of the movie is fine the sexual part is not bad at all, and the violence is like watching elmo! so it would be okay for 12 and up if they know not to use the bad words.

Teen, 14 years old Written byCedricDoodlehopper February 7, 2011

Funny movie ruined by language

This movie is so good. Too bad the language ruins it. Otherwise it would be one of those family movies

Teen, 13 years old Written byasecoolish February 2, 2011
i love it its very funny and enjoyable but i just really like courtroom movies. some language but that's about it .