Kid reviews for My Future Boyfriend

Sweet time-travel love story is a fun choice for teens.

Kid, 12 years old March 13, 2012

Cheesy, but for ages 9 and up!

This movie was bit cheesy for my taste. But it was fine for a chick flick. It contained good messages and role models. There is definitely no innapropriate sex behavior, just a simple kiss.

Teen, 13 years old Written bysarahzazzle January 17, 2012
Teen, 13 years old Written bybluecandy July 15, 2011

Cute, but only cute.

It doesn't teach the child anything, unless you are teaching them about values of love. I, my 13 year old self saw very small amounts of anything concerning. When Pax meets Elizabeth, he falls in love over time and is determined to show her how he feels. There is no sex, only kissing. Elizabeth is getting married, and she tries very hard to stay faithful to her eventual husband, but can't help but slightly fall for Pax's innocence and finding her the only one he ever wants. When Pax first shows up he is wanting to know what "lust" and "sex" is, because he read it in her novel, and is determined to ask her. She doesn't even tell him what sex or lust is, but actually only love, as being an emotion. This may arise some questions in your child as well; "Yeah Mom, what IS sex and lust?" but depending on their age, they've probably asked that question already. In one scene, Pax is unsure of where to spend his time, so he goes to a bar, and drinks alot with a couple of other men. He then visits Elizabeth's party and appears drunk (but very much regrets it when he realizing how it has affected his behavior). Depending on your parenting, you may want to talk to your child about the affects of alcohol. Total, this movie is very cute and entertaining, and would be good to watch on a weekend. I will warn you though, it is what you call "a chick flick", if your looking for someone to watch it with, your gal pal may be better than your child.