Kid reviews for My Little Pony Equestria Girls: Legend of Everfree

More scares, less message-driven than early Equestria tales.

Teen, 16 years old Written byYarael Poof October 26, 2016

Great but different

This is yet another great entry in the Equestria Girls series, but it has a few questionable properties as well. VIOLENCE: Low-key until the end, where a character turns into a demon and proceeds to engulf the camp in a sea of sentient tree branches. The ground shakes a lot, there are quite a few explosions, and it ends with a giant laser blowing up everything. Also, there are some scary moments that younger kids would find intense: A character tells a campfire story about a demon guardian, and he describes her in full detail while we enjoy some visual aids. Right after he finishes it, another character jumps through the bushes, shown only as eyes, complete with sudden-jumpscare music. Later in the film, the same character is in the woods chopping firewood, but all we see of him is a raised axe. The sudden-jumpscare music plays again. SEX: The outfits are less revealing in this one compared to the previous movies. However, there are a few scenes that can be interpreted. Like Pinkie, who really loves her marshmallows, eats them after they are roasted, and the white marshmallow goo is all over her mouth, while she makes a horrifyingly sexual facial expression. Yeah. They went there. (She does this several times.) She also, at the beginning, says she wants to "sleep on marshmallow pillows", and ends up sharing a tent with Rarity, who has frequently been compared to a marshmallow. Around the end, she rambles about superhero capes, WHILE HOLDING ON TO A FEMALE CHARACTER'S SHIRT! (Added bonus for the pleasured face the character makes while she is apparently being touched.) Other (female) characters make "bedroom eyes" at other (female) characters. Quite frequently, in fact. There's also some heavy flirting between several characters. LANGUAGE: Nothing besides a few insults like "idiot". A voice in the background SOUNDS like it says "BS", but it was proven false. The lyrics to the villain song contain phrases like "domination" and "eternal darkness". CONSUMERISM: Hasbro. SUMMARY: Another great addition to the Equestria Girls franchise, definitely more mature than the previous movies and the show, but most tweens and up can handle it. If you ate going to watch it with a younger one, watch it first and tell them when there might be a scary part. MY RATING: PG, as usual, for fantasy violence and suggestive themes. TO EVERYONE: Go watch this movie right now! It's awesome!!!

Teen, 14 years old Written byjamicasran January 31, 2017

DUMB MOVIE TOO DUMB

I HATE IT SOOO MUCH I LOVE MY LITTLE PONY BUT THIS?! ITS SOOO BAD I HATE IT SO MUCH! IT SUCKS I HATE THE TWILIGHT AS A HUMAN (AS THE NERDIE ONE WITH HER HAIR TIED UP) LIKE FOR GOD SAKE JUST DONT EVEN MAKE ANYMORE MOVIES >:(

Teen, 13 years old Written byVic C May 19, 2017

Equestria girls

Ok 3 years ago I loved equestria girls. But I don't think it's something for younger kids? It can be dark at some parts and maybe a little scary. There is some flirting between Twilight Sparkle and Timber. BEWARE, it's a lot of consumerism. They have books, equestria mini dolls, dolls, an app, and even a whole other show, my little pony. So maybe leave it for kids older then 7. One thing I do want to say to parents is........ Pinky Pie might get on your nerves. She is kind of annoying but you'll get used to her. If you are not ok with scariness or violence, flirting and maybe, i think kissing, and lots of consumerism, this isn't what you wants you kid getting into.

Teen, 14 years old Written byyoshitroopa April 11, 2017

great movie for everyone!