Want personalized picks that fit your family?

Set preferences to see our top age-appropriate picks for your kids.

Get age-based picks

Parent reviews for My Little Pony: Equestria Girls: Rainbow Rocks

Friendship tale has positive messages; some sinister parts.

Adult Written byTitchrivet October 7, 2014

Pretty good, awesome music, interesting plot line

I'm not a HUGE fan of Equestria Girls, but I like it well enough to enjoy it while watching it again. Rainbow Rocks is epic compared to the EG movie. There's no swearing, sex, or anything else (of course not! It's My Little Pony!). It gets a tad intense in some parts (if your little kid is easily scared, I wouldn't recommend it) but other than that, it's brilliant and happy - go - lucky.

Parent of a 4 and 6 year old Written byhbs78910 October 26, 2014

Not the ponies we love

My family loves the MLP Friendship is Magic series, but the Equestria Girls are NOT the ponies we have grown to love. Why go this direction with these characters when so many people love them as ponies? Not quality, scary for young viewers and a waste of time when you could be watching the real ponies.

Adult Written byFinnishAlicorn October 28, 2014

Better than the first Equestria Girls

The animation is better, the plot is more focused, and the songs are great. That, and we get more of Trixie. I was surprised by the other adult reviews being poor. This movie addresses getting along with friends and listening to them, standing up for yourself, and trust issues, among other morals the show is known for. While I admit it's weird for a show called My Little Pony to have a movie about humans, I like how this is an improvement from the first installation, which further satisfies my concerns that this exists at all. I was entertained and I enjoyed watching it. My concern is that the characters, Sunset and Twilight not included, are somewhat vaguely written and might seem like extremes to anyone not familiar with their characters in the show. There is some good comedy and several emotional moments when the leads come together. It's not the best thing I've seen, but I thoroughly enjoyed it. Even if you don't like the idea, at least give it a shot.

Parent Written byXxConcernedParentXx April 29, 2015

Hmmm

Im 13 and I do love mlp ( mostly just for pinkie pies upbeat attitude) My 2 year old sister loved this I thought she wouldn't like it because she took no interest in the first movie. I like this movie especially the part with maud :D
Adult Written byTristan Detwiler November 4, 2014

Those saying this movie and the FiM Franchise is "just for kids" have no clue what they're talking about.

Rainbow Rocks is truly fantastic. One of the best animated movies to come out in a while. The songs are dazzling, the animation is stellar, the characters are extremely well written, and more. If you haven't seen, but have seen Frozen... really? Go see this now! Throw that Blu-ray copy of Frozen away and buy this instead.

Adult Written byRarityfan July 7, 2018

You rock

Of course lot of consumerism. Some crushes. Intense music duel climax.

Parent Written byWael M. December 3, 2016

Very Good Movie

The only problem is I don't like when Flash Sentry harasses Twilight Sparkle,and the Sirens say "idiot" but my child is 7 and we use language like "stupid" "LOL"..Best E.G. Girls movie!!

Parent of a 6 and 8 year old Written byMelanie J November 13, 2015

Cute story about importance of friendship

This movie was better than I expected. There are some questionable actions by the 'bad guys', but ultimately it ends up leading to a good story about friendship and importance of sticking together.

Parent of a 12 year old Written bytintinruaza July 22, 2015

Great Movie

Pretty much the same as its prequel, but it shares greater positive messages than any other MLP movies or 45-minute specials.