Kid reviews for My Little Pony: Equestria Girls: Rainbow Rocks

Friendship tale has positive messages; some sinister parts.

Teen, 16 years old Written byHainesama123 October 9, 2014

Kawaii Desu!

The movie so adorable and teaches the meaning of friendship, like the previous movie and the tv show. The outfits are skimpy but come on! this isn't toddlers and tiaras, let your 8 year old watch it.

Kid, 12 years old March 9, 2015

A surprisingly entertaining movie that has positive messages

When I first saw this movie I thought it was going to be boring however it was fun.And plus there is some scary scenes but your six year old kids might have sawn movies that have more scary scenes.On the positive side there is positive messages about friendship.Positive female characters are also in this movie.

Teen, 14 years old Written byVeggieTalesFanGirl00 March 2, 2015

NOT for 6-year olds

The Dazzlings show a much more scary side when they show projections of their real forms as sirens in the song "Welcome to the Show". Also, in the song "Let's Have A Battle (Of the Bands)" it shows a few students arguing about who is better than who. And in one scene it almost looks like Adiago was flirting with a male student during the song, "Let's Have A Battle (Of the Bands)" .

Teen, 14 years old Written byAlicornQueen February 5, 2015

Magic of Friendship? I think not!

I'll be honest; I LOVE MLP. But I wanna point somethings out. For starters, they claim this is appropriate for kids. But LOOK at the Dazzlings! From their need to touch everyone seductively as they walk to their clothing and to the way they sing, they show all the stereotypes of beauty. This might tell girls that the Dazzlings' "style and behavior" is okay and they should be like them. SO not true! And using dark magic and turning into demons can give kids nightmares. I heard when SUNSET SHIMMER turned into a demon, a lot of kids were crying and parents demanded for their money back. The Dazzlings will give anyone nightmares. Twilight and her friends aren't off the hook. Their costumes make them look like prostitutes!They too went into an argument and almost literally threw away the whole friendship meaning. Twilight should be learning from SUNSET, not the other way around. Do NOT watch this with kids.

Kid, 12 years old January 2, 2015

Language Anybody?

I dislike My Little Pony and Hasbro in general, but my sister loves Hasbro and My Little Pony even more. She watched this and was shocked by the language in the beginning of the show. There was also high school context like using kids for other popular kids. That was one scene. Without, this is a great film for 3rd graders.

Teen, 14 years old Written byanimebiscuit September 30, 2014

Hilarious, step-up from the first.

There are so many background character sightings, the music is great, it's really funny, and A big improvement from the first movie, as I enjoyed the first one allot! this one overtakes it with better villain's, Sunset is A great character also. definitely the best animated movie of 2014, but you really have to watch the series to find it good.

Teen, 14 years old Written bycookiecreamstudio January 13, 2016

Pretty good, really

The plot is definitely more developed than the first movie, and we had more unusual villains that our first EQG movie. Sunset Shimmer, our main villain in the very first movie, still shows flaws like insecurity and self-doubt after her reformation, which is something I find pretty interesting to discover more. One thing I concern about is how seriously Rarity appears to take fashion, which may make younger kids think that appearance is everything. Another concern I have is the Dazzlings, our main antagonists, seem to be a little...seductive in their moves. Not a movie for your average 4-year-old (there are minor amounts of scary scenes compared to the first movie, where Twilight nearly dies), but definitely a family choice for elementary grade kids. (And Pegasisters and Bronies out there!)
Teen, 15 years old Written byNot known April 9, 2018

Interesting

This was fun to watch and I found it very clever. The music was pretty good and the messages were very positive. So I give this film a past.
Kid, 10 years old April 1, 2018

Rainbow Rocks

It is about a school talent show, seems tame, but it has some creepy sinister parts. It promotes the magic of friendship, which is why it is great for small children.

Kid, 12 years old January 7, 2018

Best movie out of the 4!

Ok, the Equestria Girl's franchise is not the best, but, this movie was great! Yes, this and the first movie are money grabbing, but they don't sell these product lines (As in Rainbow Rocks and the original toys), so parents, don't worry. Amazing music by the composer Daniel Imgram and plot great! The one flaw it has is that it has two awkward scenes that may make kids over 8 feel "cringe".

Teen, 15 years old Written byAshley12345678 January 11, 2017

MLP is the best show including the movies

Rainbow rocks should be ages 7 and up because of the finale scene of the movie.

Kid, 11 years old September 12, 2016

An Amazing Movie

I absolutely love this movie. I think it's not really appropriate for young kids. It might be scary to them, and the main villains are based of sirens, so you get the idea. This movie is the best MLP EG movie. 10/10!

Teen, 16 years old Written byYarael Poof July 11, 2016

Really great!

Yes, I am very late. I didn't see this until recently. ANYWAY...this movie is amazing. It is a welcome reward for those who had to live through the abomination that was the first movie. There are good messages of friendship and teamwork and the like. But there are definitely some things that are not appropriate for younger crowds. Violence and scariness: In the finale, the villains become demonic sirens with glowing red eyes and wings. They send an explosion into the crowd to make them slaves. The sirens are destroyed by the Rainbooms when they use a giant magic alicorn that sends a laser blast down, shattering them to pieces. Sexy stuff: Most of the outfits are short. The Dazzlings act VERY seductive and suggestively touch everyone they walk by. One scene has a very subtle reference to lesbians. Language: Nothing too serious, but a few insults such as "idiot" and "you're the worst." Some villain songs have lyrics such as "Your time is running out" and "Time to finish you." Consumerism: Oh gosh, where to begin? It's Hasbro, enough said. Drinking, drugs, and smoking: None, but it's hinted that everyone is acting strangely because of "too much fruit punch." Overall, it's a good movie to watch with older kids, and teens and adults can enjoy it by themselves. Definitely worth checking out.

Kid, 12 years old November 2, 2015

Boring

Don't bother watching it
Kid, 9 years old October 21, 2015

Not meaning to overrate, but...

...it's the first movie I've ever seen with a sequel better than the first movie! It was amazing beyond my expectations. With the first movie being a, quote from Rarity in the show, "pile of mush and crumbly dry mess", I thought this one would be mashed potatoes gone wrong, but it was a chocolate cake with rainbow sprinkles, ice cream in the middle and topped with whipped cream. In other words, flat out five stars.

Teen, 14 years old Written bytoysorama. May 26, 2015

Younger demographic

Definitely trying to target towards the younger audiences then the show, but still really good with funny humor and an interesting story line. It has troubles trying to pick up the mess of the first movie but is impressive for what it can do

Teen, 14 years old Written bySpike-G. March 21, 2015

My favorite movie!

I'm a pre-teen, almost a teenager saying that I LOVE Rainbow Rocks. The Dazzlings are so funny and one of the best villains in the series (aside from the awesome Discord of course). Who doesn't love Sonata Dusk? She loves tacos. The songs are legit epic, not some sappy little melody about how friendship is magical. We're talking "Under Our Spell" and "Let's Have A Battle" (the songs sung by the villains of course). I'm not kidding when I say I LOVE these songs. Look 'em up and give them a listen. Guarantee you will like them. The voice acting is top notch and so is the animation. It's not something just to make you wanna buy toys. It's a straight on animated film made to entertain. It's not a big commercial. The songs are so cool and by the time you're done watching the movie you'll be humming "Welcome To the Show". The final battle is a real battle, not ponies forming rainbows and repeating "friendship" over and over. Let's say the bad guys turn into giant sirens (they look a bit like fish-dragons), and the good guys defeat them with a catchy song and a giant unicorn from the sky that shoots the villains with a beam from its horn. I'm saying EPICNESS. Teens and preteens who are into My Little Pony (yes that exists. Bronies!!!) will surely love it. But be aware of what the Dazzlings do. The make everybody argue, then usually break out into a song. They're actually creepy. But nonetheless; a movie sure to please.

Teen, 15 years old Written byKiron947 March 17, 2015

From a 15-year-old girl:

There is absolutely nothing inappropriate in this movie; I would let my 2-year-old nephew watch this if he wanted to. I just wanna say one thing: under Positive Role Models, it says Pinkie has no self-confidence. Whoever wrote that... have you even watched the movie? She practically oozes self-confidence, it's a huge part of her character! Back to the movie itself, like I said, perfectly fine for kids of all ages. Even I enjoyed it, and I'm 15! If you or your kids like the show, this movie will definitely be a great choice.

Kid, 9 years old December 30, 2014

Rainbow Rocks...So does this movie.

This is a sequel to "Equestria Girls" which is a spin off movie of the popular show, "My Little Pony". The story is alright, and the soundtrack... IS THE BEST. Some music sounds evil(preformed by the villians, you see), but who cares about that, its amazing!

Kid, 12 years old December 6, 2014

Good

Good movie intense and AWSOME rainbow dash rules rarity DROOLS! The word idiot was heard