Parent reviews for My Little Pony: Equestria Girls

Ponies turn into teens in cute but highly commercial 'toon.

Adult Written bylollymeg August 12, 2013

Teaches awful ways of speaking and glamorizes inappropriate clothing

Returned it without even finishing it - awful for little kids! Expected a fun, cute movie -- got ponies that turned into sexed up teenagers, yelling at each other, being mean, and competing in a popularity contest - how is this for kids? At one point, a character yells at another "you're pathetic! no wonder you don't have any friends!" I turned it off and brought it back - definitely not something I want my little girl watching.

Parent of a 3 and 5 year old Written bymelissa820 January 1, 2014

Great story, disappointing designs.

My only problem with this movie is that the girls are drawn as super tall and skinny stick figures. The MLP characters are so cute as ponies, and it would have been nice to see them translated into 'cute' teens instead of 'super model perfect' teens. Same goes for the dolls - would have been great to see them looking more like an regular teen girl instead of 8 feet tall 100 pounds with tons of makeup on. Aside from the look of the girls, I love the story and the character traits. It's so nice to show all different kinds of girls being 'cool' role models whether it be a shy girl, an outgoing girl, a girly girl or an athletic girl.

Adult Written byGirlLegend6 May 9, 2015

What has become of modern TV?

This show is pretty much My Little Pony gone bad, and this is horrible, if not the WORST My Little Pony show ever. My sibling is addicted to this, and it has literally given me a headache. Teenage Pony People are acting like stereotypical teens, and flirting and mild violence doesn't seem appropriate for young children.

Parent of a 12 year old Written bytintinruaza July 22, 2015

It's so nice.

This movie is helping me believe that friendship exists everywhere. The ponies of Equestria are all positive role models.

Adult Written byCastielFan March 15, 2017

Sweet Film but one Scary Part

Great Film but near the end it had a one scary scene which Is a bad guy turn into a demon alike to get the crown back but sweet movie but Parents watch it first before you can show it to your Daughters
Adult Written byButtercupSaiyan September 19, 2013

Exactly what it set out to be: a semicanon spin-off

It's perfect for its target audience but older males and women may find this title a bit bland or mediocre. The characters are a bit inconsistent and there are some gaping plotholes. The animation is very smooth and this is a good rehash of the original FiM series perfect for little girls.

Adult Written bydogman15 August 8, 2013

It's... okay.

All in all, this is a fun, safe, and entertaining film to show to kids of any age. Sure, the film has its faults, and some of us wish it never had to be made (its canonicity is dubious at best), but the songs (courtesy of Daniel Ingram) are catchy and this film could be worse. I give it a C+ or B-.

Parent of an infant and 4 year old Written byProfessorCatcliff May 3, 2015

It's cute but a little contrived

My daughter loves the MLP show and toys, and we stumbled upon this. It's fine. It's something I would have liked as a kid. I think it's a little silly how it glamorizes high school, but the message that teamwork and being nice win is good. The crushes are a little cutesy. It's not scary or anything, and my daughter is terrified of The Little Mermaid.
Adult Written byhellaradparenting November 7, 2014

my chuldren love it!

my 3 and 5 year old biys love this movie

Adult Written bymimijunebug December 17, 2013

Pony Power! or Teenager Power!

Great movie! But if you're under 7 watching with an adult is recommended, because of the second to last seen. I saw the world premiere and got the dvd and watched it on youtube all before it aired on tv!

Educational Value
Adult Written byRarityfan August 11, 2013

Ponies, as humans on the big screen.

And so here comes another summer 2013 movie highlight. The ponies comes back in the Crystal Empire, for a while after Season 3. It seems to be connected to a major event in the upcoming Season 4. A former student runs into a fictive human suburb with Twilight's big crown thingy. Twilight runs after the villain and becomes a human, and Spike a dog. The Secret of My Excess episode with Spike mistaken for a dog became canon. Twilight must learn to be human, and she meets with her other human friends from Equestria too. Of violence Sunset Shimmer the villain faces Twilight and her friends the end. Trixie's sidekicks Snips and Snails are meaner but still funny too. Twilgiht nearly kicks a vending machine. To a surprise Twilight has a crush in both worlds. It's like Grease in a kid friendly version. In the consume part there are are so many wonders. Friendship is Magic party supplies, all kind of clothes and on as it's from Hasbro. A lot of Pony DVD's are available too. Merchandise and Youtube videos are spoofed in the movie.