Kid reviews for My Sister's Keeper

Sad drama has heavy themes about illness, family.

Kid, 9 years old February 7, 2011

Um, k, dont bring lil sis into room! ;D xD

WOW! amazing! I luv it! Ya, who cares if i'm 9, but i've seen the ''Elizabeth Smart story'' and, '' Lovley Bones''. xD, but i think its not to appropiate for tweens, and teens that are sensitive. And, well, my mom got bored halfway through when she watched it a year ago but to me it is AMAZING, but i read u guys's comments and some were asking if there were any blood in it besides the girl throwing up. YES, A LOT! The girl with cancer gets purple lips, at the beggining she throws up blood.......u get the point. But it's defintly not a horror movie, i'll tell u tht. I actually think it is quite a heartwarming movie, but if you are going to watch it, make sure ur little sis isn't in the room. ;D Haha. Pretty good advice from a little sis, dont ya think?

Kid, 11 years old June 19, 2015

Well...

This movie is beautiful and sad, my favourite type. There are a few scenes that really show her illness like spewing out a little blood, and bleeding from her nose. Otherwise, its great!

Teen, 13 years old Written bygmvyoshi January 9, 2015

Book VS. Movie

"My Sister's Keeper" has a great story line. (¡SPOILER ALERT!) I have to say that the book is definitely better than the movie. So many things were changed in the movie compared to the book. The ending changes. In the book, Anna, the designer baby, dies in a car accident and goes brain dead. In the movie, Kate, the girl with leukemia, dies, which ruins the message about love and sisterhood. Language-infrequent, moderate language includes a few uses of each of the following: goddammit, for Christ's sake!, b--ch, bulls--t, and spoiled little s--t. And one use of f--k. Sex-Kate and Taylor make a bet and Kate loses. She doesn't have money so she asks him if she can give him sexual favors while her mom is right there (this is supposed to be joke. Kate and Taylor kiss. Later, they go to a dance and go in a hospital room. Later in the movie, Kate mentions that they didn't "go all the way" but they "did some stuff." In the scene, it's in a dark room and Kate is laying on top of him while they are both naked and just talking. (Implying that they didn't have SEX sex, but possibly something like oral sex or maybe mutual masturbation.) Violence/Scary Stuff-there's no actual violence. but, obviously, Kate is sick and looks very ill throughout the movie, no hair or eyebrows, just very ill. Kate vomits twice in two different scenes. When she is really little, before they know she has leukemia, it shows a line of bruises on her back. Campbell Alexander, Anna's lawyer for medical emancipation, has a seizure. This is a frightening scene. Drinking/Drugs/Smoking-No smoking. However, in one scene, Kate is so depressed because of her boyfriend's, Taylor's, death, that she is shown drinking alcohol and is throwing things around the room. She pops about 30 pills in her mouth, but Anna jumps on her to stop her from committing suicide. It's a great movie, but between the two, I recommend the book more, but the movie is still great. It sends a great message about loving your sister. 15+.

Kid, 11 years old July 14, 2012

My Sister's Keeper

The rating I've given is not because I think there is anything inappropriate in the movie that even people my age cannot watch. It is more because of how sad the movie is. When I watched it I just felt really depressed and I could not stop thinking about it. An eleven year old girl has to make a decision that could kill her sister.I know that there are many Cameron Diaz fans out there who would like to watch her movie "My Sister's Keeper" but this could end with you feeling very depressed. Some children may have nightmares for days or weeks. Do not watch "My Sister's Keeper" if you do not think you can handle very sad movies.
Teen, 15 years old Written byChristopher K July 28, 2011

My Sister's Keeper

This film gave me a whole new definition of the word "beautiful." Don't make the mistake of missing it.

Kid, 11 years old August 14, 2009

Bring tissues

its so SAD!!!!!!but it was an amazing movie.it gave me chills the whole time!

Teen, 13 years old Written byIloveponies20 February 24, 2018

Tearjerker.

I cried at the end. I started watching after the first 10 minutes of the movie; there's also a lot of sexual things and scenes where I 90% guarantee you'll get tears in your eyes.

Teen, 13 years old Written bykhsu306 July 9, 2017

Heartwarming. Great movie

Personally, I thought this movie was awesome. Of course there's the stress of having a child that's dying with cancer and another who's fighting for the rights of their own body, so there's some swearing but it's mild. Also, Kate (the cancer kid) is dying of cancer and remembering life, and part of that was her relationship with Taylor Ambrose - which includes a sex scene, but she is just living the life she has left. Other than that I would recommend the movie to almost everyone.

Teen, 17 years old Written bydavispittman January 17, 2017

Get the tissues ready!!

My sisters keeper is a real tearjerker. This beautiful film really does well at telling this touching story from Abigail Breslin's perspective. Big, heavy issues are tackled in this movie including: cancer, death, young love, and dealing with loss at a young age. This really is a great film to watch with your kids that are at least 13+. Profanity is typical PG-13 style, and sex is limited to two young people being under the sheets in bed. This movie has a lot to say about the importance of family and love. I suggest parents watch with your teens.

Teen, 15 years old Written byisacraftyx July 12, 2015

I think it was just too sad

I think this film is suitable for kids 12 and up, i didn't really enjoy it though because it was too upsetting

Teen, 14 years old Written bybloopy204 April 27, 2014

Sad

There's a lot of sadness in it makes me cry every time I watch it

Teen, 13 years old Written byHelloKitty925 February 15, 2013

Heart-Touching!!!

A beautiful film!!!

Teen, 16 years old Written byLIDSEYGIRL February 12, 2013

money

i love watching this movie with a large tub of mayo. it makes me so upset that i eat into a coma. sometimes i need my man around to heal me.

Teen, 15 years old Written byNadia Cloud March 17, 2019

Super sad but very amazing movie!

This drama is very creative but extremely sad. If you are emotionally strong, this is a great film for you. I recommend this for ages 13 and up because of language and this story has to do with cancer. Great movie!

Teen, 14 years old Written byOut of this world January 5, 2019

Incredible movie, but definitely has some mature themes

It really depends on how mature the child is, but I usually wouldn't recommend it for anyone younger than 10. It's got a pretty heavy themes, (death, alcohol, a mild sex theme and a small amount of swearing) but there are lots of good messages too, particularly the extremely strong bond between Kate and Anna. My family watched it, and my 8 and 11 year old siblings were fine with it. (In fact, they cried less than I did.) All in all, it's really moving and beautiful, and makes for a great family movie, as long as the children are mature enough.

Teen, 15 years old Written byJojofangirl123 June 30, 2017

So not worth it for little kids

It was so inappropriate even for me

Teen, 16 years old Written bymoomoo123 June 19, 2017

Teen, 15 years old Written bybiovox14 December 18, 2016

So sad

This is a great movie, its just really sad. It has some brief sexual content, a small amount of language (all in context) and virtually no violence, just mature themes. Watch this movie.
Kid, 11 years old May 12, 2015

Watch this!

I thought that this movie was very sad but definitely something that you should see! The content is a bit deep for younger audiences, but older kids will enjoy. The story is something that may be too sad and intense for some kids. This movie has a wonderful message of love and care between two sisters.

Teen, 14 years old Written byMc876423 July 2, 2014

My Sister's Keeper

It's a sad story and a little intense but overall it was a really good movie that a lot of teens would like.