All teen and kid member reviews for My Sister's Keeper

Kid, 9 years old February 7, 2011

Um, k, dont bring lil sis into room! ;D xD

WOW! amazing! I luv it! Ya, who cares if i'm 9, but i've seen the ''Elizabeth Smart story'' and, '' Lovley Bones''. xD, but i think its not to appropiate for tweens, and teens that are sensitive. And, well, my mom got bored halfway through when she watched it a year ago but to me it is AMAZING, but i read u guys's comments and some were asking if there were any blood in it besides the girl throwing up. YES, A LOT! The girl with cancer gets purple lips, at the beggining she throws up blood.......u get the point. But it's defintly not a horror movie, i'll tell u tht. I actually think it is quite a heartwarming movie, but if you are going to watch it, make sure ur little sis isn't in the room. ;D Haha. Pretty good advice from a little sis, dont ya think?
Teen, 13 years old Written bygmvyoshi January 9, 2015

Book VS. Movie

"My Sister's Keeper" has a great story line. (¡SPOILER ALERT!) I have to say that the book is definitely better than the movie. So many things were changed in the movie compared to the book. The ending changes. In the book, Anna, the designer baby, dies in a car accident and goes brain dead. In the movie, Kate, the girl with leukemia, dies, which ruins the message about love and sisterhood. Language-infrequent, moderate language includes a few uses of each of the following: goddammit, for Christ's sake!, b--ch, bulls--t, and spoiled little s--t. And one use of f--k. Sex-Kate and Taylor make a bet and Kate loses. She doesn't have money so she asks him if she can give him sexual favors while her mom is right there (this is supposed to be joke. Kate and Taylor kiss. Later, they go to a dance and go in a hospital room. Later in the movie, Kate mentions that they didn't "go all the way" but they "did some stuff." In the scene, it's in a dark room and Kate is laying on top of him while they are both naked and just talking. (Implying that they didn't have SEX sex, but possibly something like oral sex or maybe mutual masturbation.) Violence/Scary Stuff-there's no actual violence. but, obviously, Kate is sick and looks very ill throughout the movie, no hair or eyebrows, just very ill. Kate vomits twice in two different scenes. When she is really little, before they know she has leukemia, it shows a line of bruises on her back. Campbell Alexander, Anna's lawyer for medical emancipation, has a seizure. This is a frightening scene. Drinking/Drugs/Smoking-No smoking. However, in one scene, Kate is so depressed because of her boyfriend's, Taylor's, death, that she is shown drinking alcohol and is throwing things around the room. She pops about 30 pills in her mouth, but Anna jumps on her to stop her from committing suicide. It's a great movie, but between the two, I recommend the book more, but the movie is still great. It sends a great message about loving your sister. 15+.
Teen, 13 years old Written byHelloKitty925 February 15, 2013

Heart-Touching!!!

A beautiful film!!!
Kid, 11 years old July 14, 2012

My Sister's Keeper

The rating I've given is not because I think there is anything inappropriate in the movie that even people my age cannot watch. It is more because of how sad the movie is. When I watched it I just felt really depressed and I could not stop thinking about it. An eleven year old girl has to make a decision that could kill her sister.I know that there are many Cameron Diaz fans out there who would like to watch her movie "My Sister's Keeper" but this could end with you feeling very depressed. Some children may have nightmares for days or weeks. Do not watch "My Sister's Keeper" if you do not think you can handle very sad movies.
Teen, 15 years old Written byChristopher K July 28, 2011

My Sister's Keeper

This film gave me a whole new definition of the word "beautiful." Don't make the mistake of missing it.
Kid, 11 years old August 14, 2009

Bring tissues

its so SAD!!!!!!but it was an amazing movie.it gave me chills the whole time!
Teen, 17 years old Written bydavispittman January 17, 2017

Get the tissues ready!!

My sisters keeper is a real tearjerker. This beautiful film really does well at telling this touching story from Abigail Breslin's perspective. Big, heavy issues are tackled in this movie including: cancer, death, young love, and dealing with loss at a young age. This really is a great film to watch with your kids that are at least 13+. Profanity is typical PG-13 style, and sex is limited to two young people being under the sheets in bed. This movie has a lot to say about the importance of family and love. I suggest parents watch with your teens.
Teen, 15 years old Written bybiovox14 December 18, 2016

So sad

This is a great movie, its just really sad. It has some brief sexual content, a small amount of language (all in context) and virtually no violence, just mature themes. Watch this movie.
Teen, 15 years old Written byisacraftyx July 12, 2015

I think it was just too sad

I think this film is suitable for kids 12 and up, i didn't really enjoy it though because it was too upsetting
Kid, 11 years old June 19, 2015

Well...

This movie is beautiful and sad, my favourite type. There are a few scenes that really show her illness like spewing out a little blood, and bleeding from her nose. Otherwise, its great!
Kid, 11 years old May 12, 2015

Watch this!

I thought that this movie was very sad but definitely something that you should see! The content is a bit deep for younger audiences, but older kids will enjoy. The story is something that may be too sad and intense for some kids. This movie has a wonderful message of love and care between two sisters.
Teen, 14 years old Written byMc876423 July 2, 2014

My Sister's Keeper

It's a sad story and a little intense but overall it was a really good movie that a lot of teens would like.
Teen, 14 years old Written bybloopy204 April 27, 2014

Sad

There's a lot of sadness in it makes me cry every time I watch it
Teen, 16 years old Written byselena Aguirre May 20, 2013

If is not like the book dont base it on the book.

Teen, 16 years old Written byLIDSEYGIRL February 12, 2013

money

i love watching this movie with a large tub of mayo. it makes me so upset that i eat into a coma. sometimes i need my man around to heal me.
Teen, 15 years old Written byKristianBenefit97 December 31, 2012

Great movie

This was a very emotional and heartfelt movie. I cry every time i watch it because it is very hard to watch a child go through that and to see the family grieve its a waterfall waiting to happen when you watch this movie. Other than it being unbaribly sad it has a very good message and is very relative in a since of illness and family drama. If your on the edge of whether or not to see this film i highly recommend you do.
Kid, 9 years old June 14, 2012

It's Okay

Teen, 15 years old Written bysamanthachristinex15 April 11, 2012

Love this movie.

Shows how you need to stick together when someone is sick. Sensual scenes between Kate and Taylor, innunedo between them too. A lot of gd's and stuff. Kate gets drunk in one scene to deal with her cancer.
Teen, 14 years old Written byjaclyn1021 February 2, 2012

Beautiful

I read the book and saw the movie when I was 12, and it was amazing. It touched my heart and made look at life from a different perspective.
Kid, 11 years old August 29, 2011

Very Sad

It's kinda scary because it's so true! I'm eleven years old and i watched it with my mom,she was crying.I cryed too, but i hid under the pillow.I don't think it was that good though.