Parent reviews for My Super Ex-Girlfriend

My Super Ex-Girlfriend Poster Image

More adult than teen movie

Too much sex for teens

Awesome

The easter eggs are pretty funny and I think the movie reveals several feminist ideas.

Sexual content comparable to the first Scary Movie

This film had a pretty graphic sexual content for a PG-13 rating. The movements are quite explicit.

not rated for age

We Need a New PG15 Rating!

I am a mom, and I saw this movie with a friend of mine. My children were not with me, and I was so glad. While this movie had many funny moments, and I laughed quite a lot, I couldn't help but wonder how this movie was rated PG13 with all the focus on sex, especially sexual intercourse. I have an 11 year old daughter, and like many parents, I have started allowing her to view some PG13 movies. I would have been appalled to have her see this one, though. Much too much of a focus on sex, especially intercourse. Besides the ones that were mentioned in the commonsense review, there is sex performed while G-Girl is flying a mile above ground, and the movie even ends with a valueless sex scene. I don't even know that I would want my 14 year old daughter viewing this movie. The male main character's friend was focused only on sleeping with girls, and some of his comments were utterly tasteless. Not for tween's or early teen's ears and eyes at all.
not rated for age
I took my 14 year old son to see this movie and I was completetly embarrassed by the continuous sexual inferences. I should have paid much more attention to what the other viewers said and not just common sense media. I went by the 13 and star rating. I have always trusted this site, but I believe this one was a hugh miss.
not rated for age

I lauged, it was great, good feminist values.

I think people are rediculous to assume that if a movie has sex it is automaticly bad, especially if you don't know how graphic it is/was. I do believe in previewing movies, but once your kid already knows, let them decide what's too much on their own. My Super Ex was mostly emplied, non-graphic, and pointed a humorous outlook at our cultures values. See review from the BBC.

Too much for PG-13 not enough for R

There are very few movies that I would say are right on the cusp of an R rating, this is one of them. I had my 13 year old son with me and, being a guy, thought this might be a fun movie. But I was a little put out by the sex scenes. Most movies with this rating show people having sex by rolling around on a bed, kissing, playing soft jazz in the back ground, etc. One of the sight gags in this movie is the girlfriend doing the main character so hard that the bed slides back and forth. Too me that was a little to graphic for my son to see. But other than the sexual content, this movie was fine for a 13 year old. In fact I think it would be fine for kids 16 and over. What the film makers should have done was go for the R rating and really had fun with the Super Ex-Girlfriend thing, (x-ray vision, etc). But as it is, it's a little much for an early teen.
not rated for age

It could have been so much more

This movie had so much potential but it never went anywhere. The plot was dumb the characters didn't make sense. The PG 13 didn't doesn't adaquately warn about the sex scene. They rock the bed through the wall for heavens sake! Way more graphic than necessary. The bed romping wasn't funny and didn't really add to the story.