Parent reviews for Nacho Libre

Offbeat movie has lots of potty humor, comic action.

Parent of a 6 and 8 year old Written bydsloanak March 7, 2009

No way would I let my children watch this.

I personally thought the movie was extremely weird. I think there are way to many sexual comments made to allow a child to watch this movie. I would not recommend this as a family movie.
Adult Written byralucaploog July 22, 2015

Get that review out of my face!

My 3 boys are all under 10, and they've watched this movie over a dozen times. I don't get the negative reviews, since it's a funny movie. It's one of those movies, which the more you watch, the funnier it gets...and you find yourself using lines from the movie in everyday situations. Jack Black is awesome in this, and his character is really funny. I can't imagine any other actor playing this part. Give it another chance, and maybe you'll enjoy it the 2nd time around.
Parent of a 16 year old Written byMeeshRuss November 5, 2009

Adult Written byjcarole April 9, 2008

So Bad, Not Just Lame But BAD

I took my daughter who's seven and what we didn't expect was how violent the wrestling scenes were - she was distressed by the punching, hitting, kicking, slamming, beating and more that all happens in the ring. I admit, I blew it. I forgot about that wrestling was so gross (I never watch it and just spaced). I spent a lot of time explaining to her that it was fake. We both agreed, the movie was BAD. We want that 90 minutes of our life back!
Adult Written bybasbel October 7, 2011

cute and funny. it is a family movie. Jack Black is soooooooo funny Nachooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!! rules

Parent Written byskylivmom February 1, 2009

The only "family movie" my 10 year-old walked away from

We were looking for a movie that was innocent enough for our 10 yr-old daughter, but meaty enough for our 13 yr-old son. He loved it, but my daughter didn't get it at all. It starts out slow and if your kids don't get the whole monastery thing, and the subtleties of the attraction between the nun and Ignacio, it takes forever to get interesting. My son and I liked it, but my husband ended up walking away too. I just don't think the subject is interesting enough, and the humor obvious enough, for a 10 yr-old (girl, anyway).
Adult Written bytackyspoons April 9, 2008

Typical 8- to 10-year old humor.

Kids will love this. It's filled with the silly physical humor we've come to know and love out of Jack Black. The only part that made us edgy was when one of the bad guys was nailed in the eye socket with corn on the cob. Otherwise, it was all about farts and poops and cross-dressing. :) The good stuff!
Parent of a 6, 9, and 11 year old Written bykboulia October 11, 2012

Slow and stupid...don't waste your time!

My 6th grader came home talking about this movie so once I checked out the previous reviews I decided to let the entire family watch it. I wish I could get the 92 minutes wasted watching it back! My 7 & 9 year olds were totally bored by it. My 11 year old liked it but didn't love it. We all like Jack Black and think he's generally funny. THis movie fell way short. It was beyond stupid. The wrestling scenes were more comical than violent but there is hitting, punching, kicking, etc so if your children are sensitive to that, then be aware. At the end, I felt this movie was way too slow for the few laughs we had. There are better family choices out there.

Adult Written byvasbakos March 2, 2013

Very bad taste

Parent of a 5 year old Written byautumnfawn March 6, 2010

silly and sweet

Silly and sweet. Over the top gross-out scenes make my son laugh every time! Our whole family enjoys Jack Black's humor, especially his physical comedy which really gets to shine as a wrestler. We are not a religious family, so have no issues with the the church as setting. Instead, we see Nacho as a very sweet man finding his gifts and using them for the good of the children he loves.
Adult Written bymom4Him April 9, 2008

We loved it!

My kids and I own this movie and have watch it probably eight times. All four of my kids loved it but, my husband hates it. The more you watch it the funnier it is because you miss some the humor the first time. You have to be a Jack Black fan to love this movie. I could watch it several more times with my kids.
Parent of a 9 year old Written byseptember3 March 7, 2010

Lovable gross-out comedy

Silly movie with a lot of physical-comedy laughs, but a good message overall about being true to yourself and helping others. The only issue is the caricature-like depiction of the Mexican accent.

Adult Written byveggietalefan April 9, 2008

Jack Black is Histarical

Many people said that this movie was pointless. Okay I have seen things that are pointless. How about Spongebob. Mindless gay sponges? Anywho, Jack Black played a Catholic man who wanted to save an orphanage from dying. This movie tells kids to follow their dreams and never give up. There are a couple areas that are not okay for kids. I say that this movie is for kids 10 years-old and up. If you like Jack Black you will like this movie!!!
Adult Written bysnuffy9000 April 9, 2008

cute movie if not a little gross

nacho libre is a movie your kids will love and the good news is you probably will not mind being dragged to it but there is some innuendo and rough fighting moves but most of them are comic.
Adult Written byMark S. March 10, 2017

It's gheewwwd ...really ghewweed.

Well I wake up and feed the ninos, if you don't like it.. Then get that corn away from me!
Parent of a 13 year old Written byfleecy34 November 30, 2014

Really funny

This is a really funny comedy my 5 year old loves it as well as my 17 and my 13 year old it is the best you must watch this really funny film Nacho Libre

Adult Written bymjt_texas April 9, 2008

Just OK

Didn't find this film really all that good. It was funny at times, but stupid most of the time. Nothing all that offensive. I think they must have used the funniest bits up for the trailer, because there wasn't much else in the movie.
Adult Written byshadow44 April 9, 2008

this was a good movie overall but would not reccomend to little kids. I thought is was a hilarious movie and if your old enough to understand at least half of the stuff there saying you'll get a lot of laughs.
Adult Written bymarketing April 9, 2008

A li'l dull, but funny enough to make it worth while

I was a little disappointed with the movie because the comedy was uneven...but that's only because I expected a lot from Jack Black. It was still funny enough to go see, and I felt fine having my kids there. The fight scenes might inspire some mimicking, though.
Adult Written byTA J January 15, 2018

Boys laughed, girls indifferent... Weird and almost boring!

Overall, I thought the movie was weird. My kids... 2 Boys 11 and 7 2 Girls 11 and 8 The boys laughed at all the goofy stunts. The girls probably found some humour in the movie but would've selected another choice. In the end, the movie is fine to watch. I didn't feel uncomfortable watching this with the kids in terms of language, content, etc. A bit of sexual innuendo. I mostly was disappointed I selected this for movie night and wasted a good night on this weirdo movie. There is a bit of a positive message in working hard to give back to the community, but it is a stretch. It is mixed with doing it for the love of a girl/nun. To get to the slight positive message you have to watch wrestling ol' mexican style. Was this a thing? Yikes! Also, it is the same style of movie as Napoleon Dynamite, but much weirder and much less funny.