All parent member reviews for Nacho Libre

Adult Written byjcarole April 9, 2008

So Bad, Not Just Lame But BAD

I took my daughter who's seven and what we didn't expect was how violent the wrestling scenes were - she was distressed by the punching, hitting, kicking, slamming, beating and more that all happens in the ring. I admit, I blew it. I forgot about that wrestling was so gross (I never watch it and just spaced). I spent a lot of time explaining to her that it was fake. We both agreed, the movie was BAD. We want that 90 minutes of our life back!
Parent of a 6 and 8 year old Written bydsloanak March 7, 2009

No way would I let my children watch this.

I personally thought the movie was extremely weird. I think there are way to many sexual comments made to allow a child to watch this movie. I would not recommend this as a family movie.
Parent Written byskylivmom February 1, 2009

The only "family movie" my 10 year-old walked away from

We were looking for a movie that was innocent enough for our 10 yr-old daughter, but meaty enough for our 13 yr-old son. He loved it, but my daughter didn't get it at all. It starts out slow and if your kids don't get the whole monastery thing, and the subtleties of the attraction between the nun and Ignacio, it takes forever to get interesting. My son and I liked it, but my husband ended up walking away too. I just don't think the subject is interesting enough, and the humor obvious enough, for a 10 yr-old (girl, anyway).
Parent of a 16 year old Written byMeeshRuss November 5, 2009

Adult Written bybasbel October 7, 2011

ok

cute and funny. it is a family movie. Jack Black is soooooooo funny Nachooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!! rules
Parent of a 9 year old Written byseptember3 March 7, 2010

Lovable gross-out comedy

Silly movie with a lot of physical-comedy laughs, but a good message overall about being true to yourself and helping others. The only issue is the caricature-like depiction of the Mexican accent.
Adult Written bymarketing April 9, 2008

A li'l dull, but funny enough to make it worth while

I was a little disappointed with the movie because the comedy was uneven...but that's only because I expected a lot from Jack Black. It was still funny enough to go see, and I felt fine having my kids there. The fight scenes might inspire some mimicking, though.
Parent Written byvasbakos March 2, 2013

Very bad taste
Adult Written bymom4Him April 9, 2008

We loved it!

My kids and I own this movie and have watch it probably eight times. All four of my kids loved it but, my husband hates it. The more you watch it the funnier it is because you miss some the humor the first time. You have to be a Jack Black fan to love this movie. I could watch it several more times with my kids.
Parent Written byJdmoviecritic April 1, 2013

Fun goofy offbeat humor and well directed
Parent of a 6, 9, and 11 year old Written bykboulia October 11, 2012

Slow and stupid...don't waste your time!

My 6th grader came home talking about this movie so once I checked out the previous reviews I decided to let the entire family watch it. I wish I could get the 92 minutes wasted watching it back! My 7 & 9 year olds were totally bored by it. My 11 year old liked it but didn't love it. We all like Jack Black and think he's generally funny. THis movie fell way short. It was beyond stupid. The wrestling scenes were more comical than violent but there is hitting, punching, kicking, etc so if your children are sensitive to that, then be aware. At the end, I felt this movie was way too slow for the few laughs we had. There are better family choices out there.
Adult Written byjrw April 9, 2008

Waste of time and money!

There was nothing "sweet" or "funny" about this movie. It was stupid and a waste of our time and money. Even my 11 year old son did not find this movie funny. A loser....
Adult Written bytackyspoons April 9, 2008

Typical 8- to 10-year old humor.

Kids will love this. It's filled with the silly physical humor we've come to know and love out of Jack Black. The only part that made us edgy was when one of the bad guys was nailed in the eye socket with corn on the cob. Otherwise, it was all about farts and poops and cross-dressing. :) The good stuff!
Parent of a 13 year old Written byfleecy34 November 30, 2014

Really funny

This is a really funny comedy my 5 year old loves it as well as my 17 and my 13 year old it is the best you must watch this really funny film Nacho Libre
Parent of a 5 year old Written byautumnfawn March 6, 2010

silly and sweet

Silly and sweet. Over the top gross-out scenes make my son laugh every time! Our whole family enjoys Jack Black's humor, especially his physical comedy which really gets to shine as a wrestler. We are not a religious family, so have no issues with the the church as setting. Instead, we see Nacho as a very sweet man finding his gifts and using them for the good of the children he loves.
Adult Written bymjt_texas April 9, 2008

Just OK

Didn't find this film really all that good. It was funny at times, but stupid most of the time. Nothing all that offensive. I think they must have used the funniest bits up for the trailer, because there wasn't much else in the movie.
Adult Written byshadow44 April 9, 2008

Cool

this was a good movie overall but would not reccomend to little kids. I thought is was a hilarious movie and if your old enough to understand at least half of the stuff there saying you'll get a lot of laughs.
Adult Written byyo9 April 9, 2008

the WORST movie EVER!

THis movie was VIOLENT SCARY and i HATED it!! Parents, be warned, Do NOT, i reapeat NOT take your child to this movie unless you would like to see gruesome things. There is SOOOOOOO much violence!! Jack Black was a good actor in the movie, though. Besides that, I hated this movie. In conclusion, I HATED THIS MOVIE! DO NOT SEE IT!! I HAD TO LOOK AWAY ABOUT 71 TIMES, WHICH IS A LOT!!
Adult Written byveggietalefan April 9, 2008

Jack Black is Histarical

Many people said that this movie was pointless. Okay I have seen things that are pointless. How about Spongebob. Mindless gay sponges? Anywho, Jack Black played a Catholic man who wanted to save an orphanage from dying. This movie tells kids to follow their dreams and never give up. There are a couple areas that are not okay for kids. I say that this movie is for kids 10 years-old and up. If you like Jack Black you will like this movie!!!
Parent of a 10 year old Written byHalljanex April 9, 2008

Boring!!!

This movie was very disappointing in that it was boring. My 8 and 10 year old thought so too.