All teen and kid member reviews for Nancy Drew

Kid, 11 years old March 27, 2010

An Awesome Fun Movie you Can't Miss

I absolutely LOVE this movie! I watch it all the time! In this movie Nancy and her father move to California into a house that Nancy chose, of course with a mystery. Her father makes her promise not to sleuth after she solves a dangerous mystery in the beginning. She does of course though and she gets wrapped up in a huge mystery about a flim stars mysterious death. I love every mintue of it, but it might be scary for younger kids. There are a couple -pop-out-atcha moments and Nancy is almost killed a couple times. But it's an awesome movie as i've said a ton and there are funny parts as well. I highly recommend this movie!!!
Teen, 16 years old Written bygbsfan July 16, 2011

Good!

I haven't played the games so I can't compare it to them and I have only read the new series, and this movie appears to be more likely to old series in some ways. I thought it good, despite the fact that it isn't a lot like the books. The theme is a bit mature for younger kids though, in my opinion.
Kid, 11 years old August 22, 2010

Exciting movie for brave pre-tweens up!

I thought it was great but some younger kids may be frightened, or, if they're braver, cheer Nancy on!
Teen, 14 years old Written bymkalv February 4, 2009

Not bad.

This is the only girl movie I ever looked forward to. Emma does a great job as Nancy, and little girls will love this.
Teen, 14 years old Written bynikky April 9, 2008

It's ok...

I thought this movie was ok... Certain caracters do some bad things but little kids understand that it's not right. So basically this is a movie for all ages.
Teen, 15 years old Written byHunter.O January 2, 2017

Fun movie, but gets intense at the end (spoilers!)

This movie was fun. I am a big fan of Nancy Drew, but the movie is much different than the books. I would recommend looking at it as a separate character and story, because Carson Drew would never try to get Nancy to stop sluething. There are a few bullies at school, one who has a large crush on Ned, "making out" is mentioned once, and their is one kiss. I find it un exeptable for kids of this age being shown doing such things. The scenes where Nancy is doing research can give off a creepy feeling, because of the music and all the newspaper headings, but it is not too intense. But, I found the scene where Nancy is riding in the car with her father and John Leshing, intense. Because she realizes that John Leshing was the murder. Now she is stuck in the car with a murder, one of his hench men, and a clueless father. John Leshing tries to get the will from Nancy, but she jumps out of the moving vehicle, runs to a neighbor who she knows, and tries to call the police. She sadly doesn't have the time for the hench men is following her. She ends up being caught, but lets them know not to kill her with a gun, to messy, it will leave clues. After that a man comes up to her to strangler her. Overall intense... Nancy is a great role model for young kids because se abviously doesn't care what other kids think of her.
Teen, 13 years old Written bygregguy March 19, 2016

Good movie for families

Nancy Drew is a very good movie for families to watch together. Some of the people acting in the movie aren't that good, but there are several very good performances. There is some language. Crap is said once, what the hell is said once, and oh my god is said several times. There is also some violence but there is no blood. The best audience for this movie is families with pre- teen girls but anyone should find this movie enjoyable.
Teen, 13 years old Written byAubrey_sammy January 1, 2015

A sleuthing good time!

If you are a fan or familiar with the series it is a bit different. Takes a modern twist on an interesting plot. Some scenes are kind of scary like when the realtor is giving Nancy the tour.
Kid, 11 years old January 19, 2013

Nancy Drew

*Positive Messages: The message of this movie is be yourself. * *Positive Role Models: Nancy Drew is a brave, intelligent and kind person. She isn't afraid to solve a mystery or two.* *Violence: There is kicking and punching in fights. There is also car chases and guns. Nothing too extreme. Nobody gets hurt except the bad guy.* *Sexy Stuff: 1 kiss occurs. A party also occurs. Nothing else happens.* *Language: There is brief language in this film. H*** and D**n are as far as it goes. * *Consumerism: AOL and Apple are two of the many companies used in this movie.
Kid, 9 years old August 24, 2012

Best movie ever.

I watched this with my 4 year old sister. It's very good, and anyone but very little kids could watch it. It keeps you turning, and you're scared, but you just love it anyway.
Teen, 13 years old Written byFarmgirl2221 August 19, 2012

Baaaaaaaad.....

Wow...
Teen, 15 years old Written bysupersluth March 22, 2012

an amazing movie

This movie is good for kids of any age. It has a powerful lesson of not judging others and being a role modle. On the down side, there is a cuss word.
Kid, 11 years old March 20, 2012

ok............

this move is ok, yes, it is violent, (a little, tiny bit, mostly just scary) and sexy, very
Teen, 14 years old Written bysecretgardengirl June 4, 2011

BEWARE

This movie was good for tween. But please, not for under 8,9,10 kids. It has violence and one simple kiss between nancy and Ted But, I still love this movie. Maybe this movie sometimes scared the small kids. But, still enjoyed it though
Kid, 10 years old April 12, 2011

Pe-tweens and up

Its a great movie! I have been reading the Nancy Drew series and both the books and the movie have great messages and kind, helpful role models.
Teen, 13 years old Written byleftbehindcrazed8 November 27, 2010

good movie

This is a great movie! Some little kids might be frightened, and Nancy almost gets killed, but over all it's a great movie.
Kid, 12 years old July 14, 2010
Really good movie!
Kid, 11 years old July 5, 2010

Amazing AND Intriguing Movie, Great For Tween Girls!

Kid, 11 years old April 11, 2010

Very good movie

Nancey is very smart and shows courage and responsibility. She always is a friend of the law. The movie is very good, maybe better then the books. The only reason i even said 7+ is because some things little kids couldn't understand. Overall appropriate for all ages.
Kid, 11 years old November 7, 2009

A very good movie!

Nancy Drew was a very good movie. Once you start watching it it gets pretty addicting, some parts might be a little scarier for littler kids, or they just might think it will get scary. Nancy gets held to a gunpoint at one point. But everything turn ok of course.