All parent member reviews for Napoleon Dynamite

Parent of a 13 year old Written byluvdasox June 5, 2012

One of the Funniest Movies Ever!

This is a quirky movie about the quintessential misfit in high school. It is truly hilarious and I laugh every time I watch it. Superficially it seems like a silly movie, but what I like is that Napoleon doesn't care what people think about him. It teaches kids to be themselves. There is really nothing inappropriate in the movie but some of the humor will go over younger kids' heads. It is a classic, must see movie for all pre-teens and teens.
Parent of a 13 year old Written byzackk710 June 10, 2010
good, but lots of bullies, and fighting. some bad language used, sexual scenes
Parent of a 11 year old Written byedklat August 27, 2014
Parent Written byaimless1 December 29, 2012

Not everyone appreciates this movie, but we do!

Funny movie.... in a wierd way. Not everyone can appreciate it. It gets funnier every time you watch it then it is even funnier to talk about with others who love it. My 7 year old likes it and it doesn't have anything that gave me apprehension in letting her watch it.
Educator and Parent of a 11, 18+, and 18+ year old Written bykathryn ford May 30, 2010

don't even consider wasting 5 min on this

we watched 1/2 of this with our 11 yo before bailing out. all of us thought it depressingly stupid. every character has the same flat affect which seems to be consistent with low IQ, depression or both. no redeeming social value. YUK
Parent of a 10 year old Written bytch January 29, 2010

Quirky but safe!

This is a quirky movie that may not click with everyone...but there is no harm done in watching it. The strongest words are "frickin" and "What the flip". There are a couple of moments of sexual tension (though brief) and young kids won't get the breast enhancement subject. There is no drinking, sex, overt violence, smoking or swearing - it should get an award just for that because it's so unusual! It's about odd-ball characters who need love and respect too :).
Parent of a 6 year old Written bymadsmooney1214 September 4, 2012

napoleon dynamite

Families can talk about adolescence in different times and places. How is life for the teens in the movie like or not like your own experiences of adolescence? Why do you think Napoleon Dynamite caught on so well even though it's so quirky? If you've seen the animated series of Napoleon Dynamite, how do you think it compares with the movie?
Adult Written bywhovian85 April 9, 2008
Parent of a 3, 3, and 5 year old Written byjonallypugliese1023 November 1, 2013

Napolean Dynamite is great

Great movie one of my favorites its really funny would definitely let my kids watch a lot of you people have horrible tastes in movies if you say this movie sucks and seriously people learn how to spell it makes you look like an idiot and crap and freaking aren't cuss words people come on I'm tired of seeing reviews with nothing in them its so annoying
Parent Written byBlakeMontgomery July 6, 2012

What kind of language?

It is funny and it is better then the TV series.Maybe some mild language like "Crap",Frickin",and "Gosh!" (Mostly Napoleon)
Adult Written bybasbel October 10, 2011

Just o.k

This is a very different movie. Yea it was funny but it was confusing. you can not even tell what the guy is saying. and the animal killed off screen? like, it just got killed. make a story line people!!. the guys are very crazy. And stupid. They talk about the most stupid things. if you are writing something let it make sence !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Adult Written byAlphaZK93 January 24, 2011

Every child should see this movie before they become teenagers. But be careful with youngsters. They might start saying 'idiot'

Best. Comedy movie. From the 2000's. Ever. My only concern is that little kids will start saying "freakin', flippin, idiot, stupid, retarted" a lot. And the herbal enhancer scene might leave young minds in the dark, prompting an uncomfortable discussion. But other than that, pretty much any kid over 10 would be fine.
Parent Written byPlague May 3, 2010

Napoleon Dynamite

Very funny, but gets old quick.
Parent of a 10 year old Written bybreawycker December 23, 2008

Great

great movie!
Adult Written bymike600 April 9, 2008

Very good movie for all ages. 5+

Thsi is a hilarious movie made for all ages. There's nothing wrong in this movie. It is a very cleen one. No language. There are herbs to make a girls chest bigger and there is a girl in the movie who's really a man but it doesn't say that.
Adult Written bydubayuw April 9, 2008
This is the stupidest movie I have ever seen but also one of the funniest. Watching a high-school dork do stupid stuff is a lot funnier than it seems. If you like a good plot this is not the movie for you.
Adult Written byGoodGuy April 9, 2008

I don't get it

My nephews said this movie was "great". It was done in a style that could only be described this way: Director - We want to make this film really "odd" so you have to mope around, act like a complete loser and be hostile to others. Dorky Actor - Uhhhhh - ok....Uhh oh I forgot my "frickin" lines. Director - Just act and sound like Patrick from Spongebob and have spurts of undeserved agression and oh yea, make sure you act weird case people wil think that is cool and different. Dorky Actor - Uhhhhhhhh, ok, I like ating "fricking" weird. AS you can see there may have been one of those coming out moments in the film but the work up to it is so bad with the characters using words like "frickin: every few minutes and generally acting boring, dumb, and like social nerds. This was so contrived that I guess people liked the weirdness of it. What sociallty redemming qualities this movie had were hard to see as I had to stop watching or I was going to get sick. A very downer negatinve attitude pervaded this movie.
Adult Written bykimpwatson April 9, 2008
Adult Written byB Mackabee April 9, 2008

Better in Hindsight

Surprisingly, this movie is much better in hindsight than it is when you're actually watching it. When I saw it, my main reactions were along the lines of: "This is stupid" and "What the heck?". However, looking back and recalling some of the strange situations and dialogue, this movie is actually quite funny. It is one of the most 'catchphrase-friendly' movies I've seen in a while - I'm sure people will be saying things like "Gosh... idiot!" and "Tina, eat your ham" for a long time to come.
Adult Written bybobby boy April 9, 2008

BEST EVER

This is the best movie ever, if you want to laugh your guts out just go rent, or buy (buy it), go see NAPOLEON DYNAMITE. I think it is hilarious whenever people get nailed by steaks, grapefruit, and other things. I love watching Kip get smacked over the head by Rex-Kwan-Do. BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT. Watch Napoleon fall off a bike, watch him run like a mile, watch Rico hit on younger girls with his "Bust Must +" It is hiliarious