Kid reviews for Napoleon Dynamite

One-of-a-kind high school comedy for the family.

Teen, 15 years old Written byJazzyB12345 April 9, 2008

BEST MOVIE AWARD!

this waz an awsome movie ! this is a family movie i think this should be 8+
Teen, 15 years old Written byP dump April 14, 2010

Fun, the more I watch it, the more I like it.

That being said, I watched the movie 4 times in theater, and over 20 times total. Don't blame ya if you think its stupid. It is. But it's just as funny. No cussing, lots of "flips", "dangs", and the like.
Kid, 9 years old August 8, 2009

Be Careful But Watch It!

I LOVE THIS MOVIE! But some of it could be hard for kids under age 8; my brother kept asking me what the heck was going on; and lots of the word 'idiot' but otherwise AWESOME!
Kid, 12 years old February 1, 2010

Weird, random, funny, and inappropriate.

This is a weird, random, but nonetheless funny movie. However, the inappropriate content is the main problem. There is some inappropriate brochures that play a main theme, along with one inappropriate scene. The violence is not bad...some bullying and a cow being shot (not shown). But there is some language (flipping mostly), which is repeatedly used in place of the F-word. So it's directed toward teenagers, and it's extremely random.

Teen, 14 years old Written byZombieslayer6567 May 1, 2017

Really good comedy for family

Great movie. light slapstick violence isn't an issue. Nothing very bad but a few mild innuendos (Besides the "Must Bust +) for sex. Language is light: "Pissed" (Once), "Hell" (A few times in a song, "Retarded" (Once maybe twice), "Idiot," "Freakin," Etc.
Kid, 10 years old July 20, 2009

Perfect for entire family! An all time Favorite!

Love everything about this movie! This goes to show that a movie can be made without using bad language, violence or drinking and still be one of the best movies ever!

Teen, 16 years old Written bytexangirl97 May 30, 2009

hilarious!

I love this movie!!!!! Its just SO stupid it's hilarious! I watched it with my friends a few days ago and I remembered how good it was! Great family movie!
Kid, 8 years old March 26, 2009

Very funny

Napolian dinamite is a very funny movie. Although there are some bad words other than that though its fine

Teen, 14 years old Written byonaplain January 24, 2009

Great Movie

One of the most clever comedies I've seen.
Teen, 16 years old Written bymikee990 April 9, 2008

Cool and dumb at the same time....10+

I saw it today--it was lame in a good funny way. Nothing at all wrong. except for herbs for breasts but I couldn't even recognize the ad that said it.
Teen, 17 years old Written byapeschris0 April 9, 2008
This movie blew my mind after seeing it. I can't wait to see it again. The fact that Napoleon is socially challenged and has a brother that turns small-town to hip-hop guy is so--hilarious.You'll either hate it or love it.Dry humor in this one. That means no jokes, just the aspect of the characters and story, like Grumpy Old Men.
Teen, 17 years old Written byitisme April 9, 2008

strangely funny

This movie isn't really outright funny, and when you see it for the first time it won't be, but when you think back on it it will seem really hilarious. Of course, it has no real plot, but if you need something to watch might as well check it out
Teen, 14 years old Written byovechkin April 9, 2008

funny movie

This movie is funny the first time you watch it but after that it gets kind of old. I would say that it is a must see with two thumbs up (if you havn't seen it already)
Kid, 10 years old June 12, 2017

Awesome movie

I think that this movie really shows a lot about a guy in high school who is good at drawing and can't get a date for the Valentine's Day dance. It got some profane parts, so I think kids should wait till they're a bit older than 5 to watch this movie.
Kid, 10 years old July 25, 2014

MrLevi Parental Reviews: Napoleon Dynamite

Positive Messages ***: Though Napoleon is kinda a nerd and is kinda insulting he is still not a bad character and he is great friends with pedro (who is also a nerd) Violence: Napoleon slaps pedro in one scene (played for laughs) Not that bad! Sex: A character and is girlfriend have some sort-of-like sexual situations but they are nothing that your kids will do in fact I think they will die laughing at the movie at one point. There is one scene that is meant to be immature comedy humor when they buy a time machine online that must be located near the pelvis area (I will admit,I laughed) Language: Not much but your kids after the movie might say "Retard, Idiot (strongly) etc. I would not talk to them about unless they say it!!!
Kid, 11 years old September 16, 2012

Napoleon Dynamite

The Movie is about a teenage named Napoleon that goes to a high school with a new kid in school named Pedro. Napoleon starts to fall in ''love'' with this girl in school that is not too popular named Deb. But instead of asking her to the dance Napoleon ask's another girl. When they arrive at the dance she takes off with her friends and Pedro is seen with Deb dancing. Pedro sees Napoleon alone so he tells him to go and dance with Deb. And they have a wonderful night. The movie contains some scenes of violence and there is some cussing but it's mainly like: Crap or Freaking. The Movie would be appropriate for kids that are 9 years and up.

Kid, 10 years old August 18, 2011

My Review

This movie is a little bit bad, but not really. It's a great, hilarious movie. The only thing I didn't like about it was the kind of cr*ppy backround of it. You kind of felt like it had no feeling, like it was a 'Just Because' movie. I know it was a comedy, but it doesn't make me feel good when I watch it except for the funny parts. I would reccomend it though.
Kid, 10 years old December 12, 2010

Hilarious!

My 8-year-old brother is actually watching this right now! There is no reason for this to be rated innapropriate, but younger kids might not UNDERSTAND it, that's the prob. It's one of my faves and it's SUPER funny!
Kid, 12 years old March 25, 2010

What to look out for while viewing movie

I personally love the movie but I think that there is a scene that isn't appropriate, but I don't think children will understand it. I don't the role models are good because they show bullies picking on students. There are a few swear words, but other than that the movie is a great comedy.