Parent reviews for National Lampoon's Animal House

John Belushi's raucous toga party has sex, cursing, drinking

Adult Written byLeroux78 April 25, 2021

It's a comedy. Lighten up.

I think if you raised your kids right,they can
the actions in this movie as harmless fun. It's spoofing movies like American graffiti with an updated version of marx brothers humor pushed to the max at that time. There's much worse films like the Porky's franchise. I would let my children 12 or plus with me there.
Parent Written byElizabeth68 June 20, 2018

Good for mature kids

This movie should not be watched by children who are not mature enough to understand that college isn’t always like this. There are some sexual scenes, but you can fast forward through the worst ones if you believe your children can’t handle them. Although there is a good amount of foul language and drinking, children approaching their teenage years should know and understand that what is portrayed in movies isn’t always the best thing. If you believe that your child is mature and ready to learn about this kind of thing, then this is a great movie for them with lots of good humor!

Adult Written byMatt B. November 18, 2015

Funny movie but too mature for younger teens or even some adults.

This movie is full of sexual content and nudity and lots of drinking. Very mature movie. It's for mature 16 year olds or 17+

Parent of a 13-year-old Written byZachary Sohrab October 27, 2009
This movie is excellent, but not for kids

Parent of a 13 and 15-year-old Written byJoeNameth September 16, 2009

not for kids

Gives kids the wrong idea about what college is all about.

Adult Written byClassicCultReviewer June 17, 2009

Adult Written byakfletchers April 9, 2008

How old is your reviewer?

I couldn't find the bio on your reviewer for this piece, Heather Boerner. Maybe she's too young to understand that Animal House is now, and probably was when made, a period piece about the early sixties, a time when 18 year olds couldn't vote but could drink and be drafted, college was often very cheap, drugs and open sex in the popular culture were new and exciting, and integration was an ideal that hadn't really begun to be accomplished yet. Undoubtedly you should discuss it with your teens, or maybe encourage them to discuss it with their grandparents, but to whine about its lack of morals? Give me a break! It's an extremely entertaining social history lesson!