All parent member reviews for National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation

Adult Written byOpiemom December 25, 2011

Not appropriate

Yuck! There is some slapstick humor, but really the language and the sexual overtones are inappropriate. Lying, and adultery are not funny in any circumstance
Adult Written byhellomynameisgeorge November 26, 2010

great for middle schoolers and up

this is a great christmas movie for the whole family. some kids wont get all the jokes, and there is nothing bad in it. the slapstick humor is funny. this is for middle schoolers and up. mabey a fifth grader if he acts mature. overall i give this movie for a great christmas movie a 10/10
Parent of a 5, 5, 11, and 13 year old Written bylittch June 17, 2010

A Tradition

We watch it every year at Christmas. It's a tradition. There is some language.
Parent Written byBPmichigan December 26, 2012

Good movie, but not the best choice for a family

I'm a fan of Christmas lights, so I can relate to the character in the movie. There are some funny parts (like the Christmas tree that's too large for the living room, getting trapped in the attic, difficulty with the ladder, putting so many adapters on each outlet that the plugs are about ready to fall out, discovering the real reason as to why the lights won't turn on), but also a lot of bad language and angry outbursts, especially during the scene where he's chewing out his boss (you will get an earful if you don't hit the mute button). The scene where he imagines the woman he saw at the store as being topless (the camera cuts off at just the right moment) is not a necessary addition to the movie. The movie is OK for a family without little kids (who might not know that some of the behavior and language is inappropriate), but parents might want to watch the movie with their kids, rather than letting their kids watch it alone.
Adult Written byBlackSamurai October 26, 2012

A Legendary Movie

This is one of the greatest movie I ever watched. I watched it for as long as I can remember, being at least age 3 when I first saw it, and it remains to this day a legend. I don't find this movie too offensive, except for the long lines of cussing and the occasional sexual inneudo, but it's not really meant to offend, just used to add to the humor. (Just remind your children not to do the things the characters in the movie do.) I think this is a great family movie for the holidays.
Parent Written byThe smart guy May 25, 2015

Some parents are way too wimpy! (No offense)

This is the best Christmas movie ever! I recommend this movie to every Family! The language isn't that bad (which my kids can handle. ) There is hardly any sexual content. So watch this movie this movie this Christmas on either DVD , Netflix, or T.V! Regards, The Smart Guy.
Parent Written bymattbruns3 May 24, 2015

Funny but iffy for younger kids without supervison.

A lot of language is used in this movie. One scene of partial nudity but not very much is shown. Some sexual humor. OK for 12 but under 12 should be supervised.
Parent of a 9, 11, and 11 year old Written byBex6911 December 19, 2015

If profanity is a problem for you, then no kids. Otherwise,

There is swearing. My kids do not have virgin ears. If you tell your kids that they make bad choices and none of it could really happen, they should be fine. It's funny as heck!!!
Parent of a 8 and 11 year old Written bybwolfe90 November 28, 2012

Fun, but not for young kids

It is a fun movie and a personal modern Christmas classic along with A Christmas Story and Scrooged. It's important to note though that presents from Santa are discussed.
Parent of a 5, 6, 7, 10, 10, and 17 year old Written byCharlie The Cat December 17, 2011

chevy chase funnies

very funny but they say some curse words
Adult Written bytommysportsgirl April 9, 2008

Ok, not for kids, but still...

The funniest National Lampoon movie of them all!!! You've got to see this at Christmas. If you've got kids, wait until it airs on television- that way it will filter some of the language and sexual content.
Parent Written bydavidrox January 21, 2013

CLASSIC

I really liked this movie. we watch it every christmas season, however, know you're child. there is a lot of swearing including, the S word, the F word, the B word, and lots of other profanity. also lots of sexual innuendoes, and implied masturbation. know your kid, but i say twelve and up. My MPAA Rating is: PG-13 For course language, constant sexual situations, and brief smoking
Adult Written byameliaw1 November 26, 2015

Family

Watch this with my family every thanksgiving!
Adult Written bykpianist7 August 28, 2015

One of the funniest movies I've ever seen in my life.

Parent Written bybabysitrcares December 31, 2010
Adult Written byChrissy505 February 17, 2009

stupid

The movie has no point at all. It's not worth watching it's stupid and not appropriate for children under 12. If your children are begging you to see it tell them the truth: you don't want to see it. It's just not worth it.
Adult Written byiamnotnjs November 16, 2013

au yah

Well, I liked it. This author doesn't give anything to discuss with kids that actually pertains to the movie, only why they should hate it because it's a sequel. Dude clearly has a problem with "The Man." Same as the first one, WHICH IS A GOOD THING, only with no nipples and a fewer F-related words and gestures.
Parent Written bymegastaraxe December 9, 2012

Amazing movie for 10+

I'm 10 and I've seen this movie almost no violence the only thing on the movie that is related to violence is when then kidnapped the Clarke's boss there is 1 use of f--k and some more mild language There are some scenes of smoking and drinking people drink egg nog mixed with alcohol a person gets mad drinks ALOT of it and swears in front of everyone it's a great movie for kids 10+
Parent Written byHaywire November 22, 2012