Kid reviews for Natural Born Killers

Bloody, violent, sexually explicit. Mature teens+.

Teen, 15 years old Written byMitchlayz June 28, 2021

Heavily Dark, but Not The Worst

This movie is DEFINITELY not fit for people 13 and lower. This film contains massive themes of violence, carnage, murder, and sex. Violence isn't brutal nor too bad on camera however. No full frontal nudity. Constant swearing.

Teen, 17 years old Written byBubsimodragon October 16, 2019

........

Natural Born Killers is one of those movies whose reputation precedes it. It was one of the films connected to the Columbine massacre and has been blamed for being a factor in many other crimes committed by youths since it's release. However, upon watching it I found a very different film to what was described to me. Sure it is very graphic and therefore inappropriate for under 17's and even then only mature audiences should watch it. But I found it to be a very thought provoking film. It questions the ethics of the medias involvement in glorifying people like the film's two main characters (a serial killer couple). It brings up people such as Charles Manson, and other infamous criminals who have almost been glorified and turned into household names by the media through the way that they are covered on the news. Natural Born Killers is a mockery of this and therefore is a very clever film which is sadly often misunderstood and blamed by the media for glorifying violence, something the film was blaming the media for. Overall this film should only be viewed by mature audiences preferably adults who can appreciate the film's clever satire.
Teen, 13 years old Written bymarilymansonfan420 February 22, 2019

I think it is ok

Listen, if your a kid or a present of a kid that wants to see this movie, try to discuss what the actual meaning of the movie is before/ after watching. If you don’t do this you might miss the entire point of the movie and just think the whole point is glorifying violence and idolizing serial killers. There is one sex scene (which I guess you should be careful of..?). Anyway, this is one mY is favorite movies of all time so :)
Teen, 13 years old Written byJoibird February 17, 2018

My rating: R for extremely graphic violence, strong language and sexuality

Teen, 16 years old Written byEthon74 March 18, 2017

R for graphic violence, disturbing content, language and sexuality

Teen, 14 years old Written byA Clockwork Reviewer March 6, 2017

Weirdly Brilliant

The genius mind of Tarantino write the script and was adapted to the big screen by Oliver Stone. I watched it with my little sister and we both loved it.
Teen, 16 years old Written byHeheGonzalo August 16, 2016

My rating: R for graphic violence, language, some disturbing content and sexuality

Teen, 13 years old Written byrebo344 October 3, 2015

Bizarre, but ended up being excellent.

Some people may think this is a mindless violent film. Well, for me, they are wrong. Natural Born Killers is bizarre, well acted (especially Robert Downey Jr. and Tommy Lee Jones) who went over the top in a good way and has a good story with a certain message. The first half is good, but the second half with the riot, just off- the-wall intense. Grade: B+.

Teen, 13 years old Written byChris Crosby March 27, 2014

Natural Born Killers movie review and parents guide

Review
This movie is strange but surprisingly good and it is really horrific and you have to tell yourself that this is just a movie and you will enjoy it more. It follows 2 traumatized individuals who fall in love and go on a killing spree in order to rid the world of evil people who is everyone that crosses their path. Their environment is always disturbing and oddly enough you find yourself cheering for the bad guy by the end of the movie. This movie is extremely fast paced and just so insane you have to love it. It is so bad that it is good making this movie a classic above any other.

NOW THE PARENT Guide

The language in this movie is pretty high and quite frequent. Not as much as Death Proof but still a lot.

The violence in the movie is none stop but is over the top and not realistic sometimes even comical.

Sexual content is pretty strong but not graphic. The sexually content happens back to back but how the movie is made if you blink you will miss it.

The intense part of the movie is that Mickey and Mallory kill anyone for no reason.

The movie does have a message behind it. That if the media keeps giving criminals attention they will continue their crimes

Teen, 16 years old Written byRustyShackleford February 14, 2014

Fantastic and thought-provoking satirical masterpiece

This 1994 movie was very controversial for its graphic violence that supposedly glamorizes killing so you impressionable people should not watch it. However if you are looking for a dark movie that will make you think this is one of the best. Written by Quentin Tarantino and directed by Oliver Stone this thrill ride has lots of surreal visuals and lots of shots at the media for making killers stars. People have always embraced and been fascinated by outlaws like Butch Cassidy and the Sundance kid and Bonnie and Clyde so this film naturally made people very uncomfortable and has since become a scapegoat for real life violence. The film is full of great performances from Woody Harrelson and Julliete Lewis as Mickey and Mallory, a couple who blaze across the country killing almost everyone they come across but always leaving someone to tell the tale. Robert Downey jr is the sensationalist reporter who turns the titular two into international celebrities, all the while becoming rich and famous for his work. The great Tommy Lee Jones is at his best here as the warden at the prison Mickey and Mallory eventually are held. Tarantino's writing is as sharp as ever, despite Oliver Stone editing to be more his style. Stone's direction is surreal and psychedelic. You think you see a lot more violence than you actually do as there are plenty of quick cuts and most of the more gruesome acts are off screen, though we do see much of the gory aftermath. As always in Oliver Stone's films there is plenty of swearing. There are a few sexual references and very brief sex scenes which shouldn't be much of a deal for teenagers to see. Overall, Natural Born Killers is Oliver Stone's second best movie,JFK being his best, and is a must see if you like crime movies that will make you think or are just looking for a surreal and violent thrill ride.

Teen, 16 years old Written byTheAnonymous March 27, 2013

Definetely a NO

Gives you a sense of "dafuq did I just watch?"
This is one of the worst movies I've seen. Some may argue that the plot is about our society and the media, but I find this to just be mindless killing that teens will enjoy just because shooting and sex are cool to the teens today. The message that he is trying to send out about our media is way too overdone and it comes to a point where you don't see the message anymore. I also think it's too easy to get the wrong idea from the movie, and that some may interpret it as killing is cool rather than the message that Stone was trying to send out. No teen should watch this.
Content:
Throughout the movie, there are a lot of sexual content, mindless shootings, etc. By the end it gets crazy to a point where there are scenes where a prison guard is put into an incinerator, hanged guards throughout the prison, blood everywhere, and a man's head on a stick.

Teen, 13 years old Written byE. Flores August 25, 2012

Amazing Film

This film has a positive message, but make shure a child who views this film understands that killing is wrong and should not be seen as a positive. Still it's a masterpiece and I highly recommend this movie.

Teen, 14 years old Written byIronman1963 November 22, 2011

An intense movie with a good message

First off i would like to say that Natural Born Killers is a thought provoking and intelligent movie, but it is also extremely violent. You should know whether or not your kids are going to understand the message, if the point is missed than it is a movie that glorifies violence and serial killers.

Teen, 14 years old Written byWilliam C. February 1, 2011

Deffinitely worth watching ... It's a movie you have to scratch off your 'FILMS I HAVE TO SEE BEFORE I DIE LIST'

I watched this film just a few days ago,I wanted to watch it but my mum didn't let me until I was a bit older ,and now I am a bit older and I have seen it.

Natural Born Killers was kind of a strange film,it's not the kind of film you would expect from Oliver Stone,but I don't think he was trying to make it look like a classy movie... He tried to make us noty forget that this is just a movie ,and it worked.

I thought it was very intense especially at the end.

The story was by Quentin Tarantino so ofcourse it was going to be a bit strange.

there was a lot of swearing and lot of violence but I wouldn't keep my child from seeing until he was 17 because by the age of 13 - 14 you are already know all the swear words in the book and you know about sex,i mean the kids now a days are all swearing and talking about sex and having sex from an early age so there is no point in keeping a child from watching a film that contains those things...

Teen, 17 years old Written byluvanger October 10, 2009

A daring and interesting movie, but not for kids, period.

This movie has an interesting social commentary on the media, and it is a very entertaining and daring movie. That said, it's not good for any child or teen, myself included. The violence is brutal and extreme throughout, and is, hands down, the most explicit violence I've ever seen in a movie. (One scene on the director's cut even shows a man get decapitated and his head is impaled on a pole.) The violence is so shocking that I can't even describe much of it here. There's also swearing all the way through it, and some sexual scenes that, while not extremely explicit, are very disturbing. There's also some explicit drug use. One word could be used to describe this movie: sick. And that's exactly what the movie was aiming for, and exactly what makes it work. No kids should see this movie.

Read the Review

A Beautiful Masterpeice "Sniff"