Parent reviews for Neighbors

Laugh-aloud raunchy humor masks messages about adulthood.

Parent Written byCameron L May 11, 2014

Adult Written byMovielover1113 May 9, 2014

Even adults left in the middle of the movie

The movie was so inappropriate that even adults were leaving during the movie. It is not a movie for children of any age. It has funny aspects but some things do not need to be seen. It could have been just as funny without the graphic raunchy parts.

Adult Written byJimDu June 6, 2014

Not worth it

Animal House it isn't. If you are entertained by naked men, non stop swearing, and awkward situations, then you may enjoy this movie. Otherwise don't waste your time.

Adult Written byhelpinghand May 9, 2014

Party Hardy

Neighbors is a very funny comedy with great comedic acting but parents should be aware of the raunchy content. There are close to 150 F words, three sex scenes, one with rear nudity, which is somewhat graphic, some male nudity, and several scenes with drug use.

Adult Written bybrittanyisahoot May 25, 2014

Not for children

Very strong use of drugs and alcohol. Sexual content is very bold. Doesn't send a very positive message to our under 18 crew. This is most definitely a college and up movie.

Adult Written byzeekattacklee January 23, 2015

Not for young children!!

If I had to say something about this film, here is what I would say.. This Film has a whole boat load of sexual content/Nudity, And a large usage of the F-word.. On that note, Parents shouldn’t let young children watch this due to it’s mature content.. Otherwise A great film for Mature 16 year olds..

Adult Written byBestPicture1996 September 19, 2014

A match made in Apatow-esque comedy heaven

Appropriately enough I watched "Neighbors" at my college with everyone, who are far from the frat boy/always drunk stereotypes this movie portrays. But that's why this movie works: though it has stereotypes; the fat schmuck with a hot wife who cleans up after his messes, the college drinkers...it addresses these cliches very cleverly so the movie is in on the joke at the same time. Seth Rogen is Seth Rogen, that is a fact that will never change, and even though he is one-note, he's lovably one-note. Rose Byrne is more than game as his wife, Efron gets a ton of R-rated laughs as Teddy, and Dave Franco was a pleasant surprise, slowly but surely stepping out of his brother's looming shadow. This is very much for my age group, and that's who it's targeted to, but it's got a lot of wit, smart jokes...but tons of language, weed and nudity added in there.

Adult Written byRyan Hankowitz May 9, 2014

One of the best movies of the year

I am a father of a 15 year old and a 12 year old and while I do not think the movie was appropriate for 12 year old the movie was not very violent and did not have any actual nudity of the genitals. I think it would be okay for a fifteen year old to see this movie.
Adult Written byCaryMom August 9, 2014

Awful and painfully raunchy

This was the most offensive movie I've ever seen. Had hoped for a few laughs on date night with my hubby and instead squirmed through this film that was so nasty, I needed a shower to wash off the filth. The worst part was that other adults in the theatre brought their elementary school age children. There was more than one family in the theatre with 8-12 year old kids. Let me just say, the breakdown of society isn't happening in the schools. There were too many F words to count, the c#^t word, numerous scenes of humping, references to all sorts of sex, sex toys, drugs, drunkiness. This movie has it all. I'm just so surprised that the theatre (Carmike) let's kids into these movies, even with their parents.

Adult Written byKennedy_Tucker1 July 25, 2014

Zac Efron's comeback

Since Zac's past films, I think this was his comeback film. This movie had some funny scenes. There was a great friendship experience between Dave and Zac. There were a few scenes during the film that involved sex but it is nothing too extreme and aren't that long of a scene. It was a fun movie to watch.

Parent of a 13 and 16 year old Written byTizzie May 10, 2014

Lesson Learned

Wow, did I learn a good lesson with this movie: just because my son is 16, I still need to be checking out reviews before taking him to see a movie! He was down in the dumps about school so I though a good comedy would help cheer him up. It worked, but at a bit of a high price - this movie is very raunchy, very graphic and very funny. Had I read the reviews first, I'm sure I would have picked a different movie. I'm also sure that he would have eventually seen this one on his own, but better to not be sanctioned by Mom!

Adult Written bygoodgirl July 10, 2015

not a kids movie!

it was an alright movie if someone is like 16 but for children? no!

Adult Written byPCDberry May 2, 2015

Neighbors

Deals with strong sex including sexual references some strong violence pervasive language but despite it all there's still a lot of positive role models about growing up

Adult Written bydimitrios111 June 9, 2014

Rated R for a reason! Not a children's movie

Raunchy with many explicit scenes. Not a movie for kids 17 and under. My friend and I (22 and 20 respectively) saw the film and were surprised at the amount of inappropriate scenes.

Parent of a 16 year old Written byrockmom92 May 11, 2014

Just a bad movie

We went to see this thinking it would be funny and almost took our teenage son--so glad we didn't. The movie is incredibly raunchy and the plot ridiculously bad. The premise definitely had potential but the immaturity of the "adults" in this film was pretty hard to take (and hard to believe). Do yourself a favor and just watch the trailer--all the funny parts are in there. No need to see the movie.

Adult Written byjohnswanson October 24, 2014

Sex, drugs, and profanity - fine for adults, but not for kids.

I knew this movie was going to be raunchy, but I was shocked at the amount of actual sex, sex jokes, and almost full nudity. This is certainly not for kids. The main characters also spend much of the movie drunk, and the F-word is said almost 150 times. My 13-year-old daughter will not be watching this one until she is 17... or until she is married. :)

Adult Written by[email protected] May 10, 2014

Trivializes illegal behaviours

The "adult" couple engages in serial illegal activities all in the name of their cute baby, with no consequences or remorse. They trespass, vandalize, lie, harass, assault, pour alcohol down a young coed's throat, engage in illegal drugs in the workplace and at home.

Adult Written byprofessionalmov... September 21, 2015

Avoid this awful film.

I bought this movie with high expectations but it did not live up to them. Non stop f--k s--t c--k c--t and so much more. They can't say anything without swearing. I am appalled with this film!! There is non stop stupid sex references and people play with sex toys and condoms. There is so much drug use including weed, cocaine and more. No adult would enjoy this and I hate this film. DON'T WATCH IT!

Adult Written bysamantha w. December 11, 2016

dope

its sickness

Parent of a 9 year old Written byTarek A. November 30, 2017

Take it from someone who had seen it

My 8 year old kid saw this and was amazing though it had 2 sex parts 1 nudity so yeah peace