Want personalized picks that fit your family?

Set preferences to see our top age-appropriate picks for your kids.

Get age-based picks

Parent reviews for Nerve

Kindness rewarded in shallow but fun teen cyberthriller.

Adult Written bysds16 August 4, 2016

Exceeded my expectations

I wasn't thrilled when my almost 13 year old said she wanted to see this movie but I actually enjoyed it. There were curse words (sh++t, bitch) but not excessive. Also, a girl flashes her butt on a dare and a few kissing scenes but nothing too objectionable. Overall, some positive messages about friendship and doing the right thing, and a cautionary tale about mob mentality and getting swept up in obtaining followers and "fame." Plus, a cool soundtrack and decent acting. For me, the most objectionable part of this movie were the previews. Nearly all were for the latest batch of Halloween horror/slasher flicks. All R-rated movies that are supposedly approved for a PG-13 audience. If you want to avoid some disturbing and violent imagery, do yourself a favor and arrive about 15 minutes after the movie's scheduled start time.
Adult Written byaria g. August 1, 2016

It is great but..

Nerve is great for 14+ and mature 13 years olds. Emma Roberts and Dave Franco are great actors and make the story come more to life. If your son or daughter wants to see this movie and they are 13 or up I would say yes. Parental Guidance recommended

Adult Written byStevie111 August 3, 2016

Nerve is an okay teen thriller

I wasn't disappointed or wowed by Nerve. I left thinking it was fine, but nothing more. Every part of the movie is just okay in my opinion. I really don't feel strongly one way about it. The film is definitely targeted to teens, who I think should be okay seeing it for the most part. This wasn't young kid stuff, but no specific content was too bad. A girl supposed to be in high school flashes her butt, and there is some peril and language. It was standard PG-13 stuff, probably even milder than a lot with that rating nowadays. Fans of the stars may be drawn to it and again it isn't bad, but I didn't find it to be anything special.
Parent of a 11 year old Written bytdkkl May 11, 2018

Nerve Book

it is an amazing book even though some swearing my son loves it and he is always reading it over and over again.

Adult Written byMarcel B. December 22, 2017

Awesome

Awesome storyline. Dave Franco’s an awesome actor. Loved this movie

Adult Written bydvdgirl December 16, 2018

bought it on my birthday last year at the book store.

good. fun to watch. Emma Roberts is pretty. enough said.

Adult Written byManuelNard August 10, 2018

Nerve

t's a good movie to watch with friends using boxxy software