All parent member reviews for Never Back Down

Educator Written byaaronmichaellogan April 23, 2009

This movie glorified violence, plain and simple. The lesson to be learned (by teenage boys) was that the guy who delivers the bloodiest beating gets the respect, and the girl. Great message. I watched this movie with a group of about 20 teenage boys and they absolutely loved it. It made me nauseous.
Adult Written bySchulkman April 9, 2008

Do teenagers need more negative influences?

Even though this movie does have some redeeming value, I believe it is not appropriate for ages 13-15. It should have been rated R. I do not like the fact that my 13 year old daughter could go buy a ticket and see this "fight-club" movie. This movie contains girls fighting girls, girls fighting boys and boys fighting boys- sometimes to the extreme of sending someone to the hospital or kids passing out. The fight scenes are long and drawn out and the kids watching definately cheer the action on. They all want to see blood. It's sick. Note: there is a scene w/ 2 girls in a hot tub making out with each other. Also, numerous gratuitous shots of girls' breasts in a number of situations. Not a feel-good uplifting film! Definately one for the "boys".