Kid reviews for Nightbooks

Nightbooks Poster Image

This is such a great movie! I love it!

The actor who played Alex (Winslow Fegley) actually used to be my classmate so it felt strange/super cool to see him in that movie! Anyway, I completely recommend this to anyone who like scary movies (or anyone else, its not too scary)

1 person found this helpful.

It's a great movie

Decent movie, could be scary for younger kids

Pretty good, language isn't really an issue. A bit scary for younger kids, but pretty obviously fake. I'd say 8 and under should probably watch it with parents if they are scared easily, but it should be fine for older kids and up.

Awesome!

I think it's a good movie. It's scary, but I'm used to watching StrangerThings

Never expected it to be so good!

This is an incredible story with great special effects, terrific monsters, and a very cute vanishing cat. The young actors are brilliant as is Natasha the witch. And there is also a mind-boggling twist in plot at the end of the story. It has some scary scenes, such as the shredder attacking them in the night garden and the witch coming out of the tomb. However, altogether, it also has a nice message about friendship and acceptance of peoples’ differences.

An amazing kids fantasy-horror movie which speaks a valuable major topic.

Nightbooks is a new Netflix original kids fantasy-horror movie based on the book under the same name. In the movie, Alex, who has a passion to write scary stories, get trapped in a wicked witch’s magical apartment and finds out that the only way to survive is by telling spine-tingling horror stories to the witch, Natacha. Meanwhile he also tempts to escape from the witch, together with another prisoner. Even though I didn’t like the first few minutes as stuff were just happening, I started to like the movie when it came on track. As this is a kids horror movie, the scary scenes were all family friendly but some of them might be very terrifying for younger viewers. The movie even shows that original versions of some beloved classic tales were darker than the ones we knew. That might really upset small children. I love how they showed each of Alex’s scary stories in a wonderful technique with a red colour background and black and white characters. The movie in a nutshell, shows the major problem of different odd kids with strange passions, who are called in various kinds of names and being amused even by the only friend they have. It also tells such people to ignore haters and continue to follow your true passion along with your true friends who always stick with you and admire you of who you are. Even Natacha gave a very valuable piece of advice for story writing which is that you must always include the truth for your story because it becomes more powerful when it is more truthful. Nightbooks is an amazing kids fantasy-horror movie which speaks a valuable major topic that should be spoken more often.

Rip-off of day books, but has some cool scenes

Rip-off of day books, but has some cool scenes

Mostly good for young audiences with some scary scenes

The beginning of this movie (first 5 mins) is quite scary. He goes down in the lift and then it breaks down and the lights flicker. The lift opens to a dark hall with flickering lights and one room with red light spilling out. His eyes go weird and he seems hypnotised as he goes into the room towards the tv producing the red light. It is playing the lost boys. The door then slams behind him. For most of the rest of the movie it is fine but that scene was a bit scary. At the end the witch rises out of the coffin and she has candy growing out of her. Her bones crack as she moves in jerky movements. She burns to death but it’s not graphic. His stories may scare younger viewers. Really good plot. Good movie if you like mildly scary movies.

Okay………..

Very violent and gave my kid nightmares.