Parent reviews for Noelle

Noelle Poster Image

Over commercialization and intentional secularism is a turn-off

While the movie does have a few humorous parts and generally is fine for kids of all ages, it is essentially a movie for very white-collar, affluent families, with many prominently expensive brands prominently featured - none more so than Apple and the iPad (every kid asks Santa for one). It also seems to go out of its way to avoid any Christian references to Christmas (e.g. "Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen" - no mention of the word GOD), while superficially stereotyping Judaism and Buddhism.

1 person found this helpful.

Not worth your time.

Definitely politically correct. Go watch Polar express for a second time instead. You’ll be happy you did. Don’t bother with Noelle. We don’t need gender issues discussed in Christmas movies!!

1 person found this helpful.

Awesome Christmas movie!

This was fantastic for our family night!!! Oh my goodness! It’s free of drinking -Noelle tastes one, spits it out and says Sir something is wrong with your drink!- it’s free of smoking, bad language, and the storyline is really funny!!! The whole family laughed. While it isnt “Christ” related for Christmas it is about being self less and caring about others and giving more from the heart. My kids are rewatching now! Lol

Great holiday family movie

Yes, this movie is a bit corny/cheesy but it’s cute and wholesome - no violence, no sex, no bad language, no drugs, and no animals or ppl getting hurt. We watched it with my elderly parents and my 4 and 7yo. We all enjoyed it. It’s bit like movie Elf geared toward younger kids and with gender and Disney spin. Even though corny, it still garnered a few laughs even from adults and included a cute animatronic little reindeer that kept youngest’s interest . Is it classic? Probably not, but it’s cute, clean, enjoyable, and has a good message about Christmas as well as gender message and that girls can do what is traditionally thought of and assumed to be a male role/Job. We actually have watched this twice now and would t hesitate to watch it again

Not for kids with divorced parents!

I am shocked that CSM did not mentioned in their summary that one sub plot is about a kid the parents are divorced and who wants them all to spend Christmas together. As it happen, the boy get his wish as a Christmas present. Not all separated family can (nor want!) to spend Christmas all together, even when their relationship are amicable. This give a very negative message for kids in this situation and raised many unnecessary questions and can make kids sad. Not the goal of a Christmas movie! The rest of the story is uninteresting and uninspiring. It is all about the presents and iPad. Poor choice of a movie. Watch something else and save your self lots of heartache.

Haliorous! And appropriate for all ages!

My entire family loves this movie it is so funny! It shows how diversity is okay, what Christmas is really about, and will give some great laughs!

nice

A Refreshing Take On Christmas Movies

This movie is precious. The premise is fresh and fun, the characters are adorable, and I loved the message about believing in yourself and supporting the people you care about. My kids adored it and have begged to watch it over and over.

uninspiring and sad