Kid reviews for Nope

Nope Movie Poster

A REALLY Great Movie!

This movie is shot really well. There are some scenes that the viewer may find disturbing, such as a scene where a chimpanzee kills some people, but that's to be expected from a rated R horror film. There is quite a bit of swearing along with some obvious product placement. There isn't much gore apart from maybe 2-3 scenes. Overall its just a fun, well written and well shot UFO movie that takes its time and actually has a good story.

4 people found this helpful.

Amazing movie by a amazing director

This is a awesome film, but it might be fire mature teens. There is a ton of swearing ( almost 80 uses of f*ck and around 5 uses of motherf*cker) but besides that, it’s hilarious. It has positive messages and a diverse cast. This film also isn’t that violent, but it can be gory. Overall, this is a 5 out of 5. I definitely recommend.

4 people found this helpful.

Not a comedy :'D. 37+

Dear people of the internet. I, a 15 bigender (female + non-binary), went to see this movie with my parent's girlfriend, which in itself is hilarious. I would like to preface this by saying that I did not know that this was a horror movie. I thought it was a comedy :'D. I am not good with horror. What I learned from this movie was that I never need to see it again, and that i never needed to see it in the first place. Now, don't get me wrong, it was not a bad movie, no no. It was excellently made. From the visuals to the sound design to the costumes, this movie is quite simply a masterpiece. And that is exactly why I never need to see it again because it scared the hell out of me, and continued too for several days. In conclusion, I beleive that the age rating for this film should be 37 or older. I only put 18 because that was the highest option. Thank you, and have a wonderful day.

3 people found this helpful.

Brilliant. Just brilliant.

Brief parent guide: Violence: 7/10: startling jumpscares, creepy images and vibes, gory gouged eye, bloody crime scene with monkey killing humans (offscreen for the most part), blood pouring on top of house and down windows, humans about to die (panic, screaming, crying) language: 8/10: F**k, s**t, etc. Sex: 0/10 Guys, this was amazing. There are so many hidden meanings in this movie that are hard to understand by watching the first time. Literally all the bad reviews are people who are too lazy to try and comprehend how all the random scenes go together, and I tell ya, it makes perfect sense. If you have already seen the movie and had a bad experience with it, read my spoiler review below explaining some (not all) of the hidden meanings. Spoiler Review: Another amazing film by Jordan Peele. Just saw it in IMAX yesterday night. This brilliant UFO horror masterpiece follows a man and his sister (and a few other side characters) after their dad mysteriously gets killed while on a horse during a paranormal "weather" incident. Everything about this movie was creepy and intriguing, and at the same time funny and thought-provoking. The thing I love about Peele is that he makes more than just movies. He makes straight up art and includes very powerful social commentaries and hidden meanings inside of them. The movie keeps coming back to a scene involving a monkey murdering castmates on a TV-show made about him. Most people walk out of the theater thinking, 'what significance did that have to the plot?' and I could go on for another hour explaining the hidden meaning but to sum it up without the extra details, it was an illustration to animals, or creatures, seem to be treated as items, and are not really needed unless they are seen as a spectacle. This is the case for the monkey seen as royalty and treated well only when they are filming a successful TV show, and the murder spree was basically him getting back at them for only looking at him as a spectacle. He ended up meeting his demise since he was only looked at for his negativity during the killing spree, but they don't realize where it was coming from. This is a mirror image to the UFO. Remember how the UFO was used as the star of the show on that ranch, and ended up wiping the place out? Yeah, there's definitely a connection. And, similarly to the monkey, he got popped at the end. Overall this movie was amazing and I would highly recommend. It will leave you thinking a lot afterward. The shoe standing up is referencing a quote “waiting for the other shoe to drop” which basically means that something was inevitable or bound to happen. The way that plays into the movie was basically the asian kid under the table was bound to get killed by the monkey, but since he escaped death that one time, he continued to exploit the ufo when he got older, basically playing into the idea of not learning his lesson, which is also why the shoe was still standing up in his exhibit thing that he showed OJ and his sister (in the glass box) meaning that he still hasn’t learned his lesson and the shoe was still standing because it was inevitable that he were to lose his life to exploiting the ufo. He didn’t learn his lesson the first time.

3 people found this helpful.

M A S T E R P I E C E

Very masterful film.

2 people found this helpful.

An absolute spectacle

I don't understand how this movie is divisive because while the film does have some symbolism and themes it doesn't overboard it to the fact it ruins the film. The lead characters do a great job on building the atmosphere and tone. I think the film balances humor and horror really well at appropriate times. Visually the film looks phenomenal on every scope (I saw it in IMAX). When it comes to the plot it was definitely not what I expected (avoid spoilers!) When it comes to violence there is a scene where a chimpanzee bashes people's bodies (off-screen). Another scene features heavy use of blood and a disturbing sequence of killing from the UFO. In terms of horror, there are times where jump-scares and other elements can get you. Swearing is a bit excessive at times but the overall enjoyment is still there. See this in theaters while you still can, preferably IMAX. Left the theater in awe at the story, plot and performances. Also another thing to acknowledge is the originality of this film, it's nothing that has ever been seen before on film and the ambition never takes away the magic that Jordan Peele creates.

2 people found this helpful.

Is nope a yes or a nope

brilliant film, Has some blood and gore, a few swear words but is appropriate for un-squeamish viewers

1 person found this helpful.

A great concept spoiled by poor focus

Perhaps on of the most interesting UFO concepts is history, Nope falls surprisingly flat. It is constantly focusing on the wrong things, overall this translates to the movie being to focused on trying to be weird rather than scary and makes it boring to watch most of the time. In the few scenes the movie gets it’s focus right it shows the potential it has. Unfortunately this potential is never reached. The only consistently good thing about this movie is it’s amusing script.

1 person found this helpful.

This movie was definitely not as scary as I had thought it would be!

I think this movie would be a great first horror movie for tweens and teens who want to see if they like this genre of movies, (although it's still a good movie for anyone else too). Parents should be aware that there is a lot of language and there are graphic and violent parts in this movie (a monkey attacks a group of actors, people get sucked up in a ufo, and blood rains down on the main characters house) there are a few more minor parts where people get injured and blood is shown. But you should also keep in mind that a big part of this movie is about a group of people creating a plan and realizing it to save themselves and the word around them.

1 person found this helpful.

Contains gore and a lot of swearing!

I would say 14+ because of the gore and the profanity. This movie contains 130+ obscenities and it does contain gore, but not like crazy amounts of gore and that stuff.