All teen and kid member reviews for Oblivion

Kid, 12 years old April 23, 2013

Oblivi-"eh"-n. Sorry for the bad pun.

It's all right. It tries to be complex, but really, it's just a lot of exposition and plot twists. There aren't really any subliminal messages or deep meaning besides that it's better to die doing something wicked rather than dying like a loser. Not even kidding. That's just about it. Besides that, it's mostly just "Name That Sci-Fi Movie!". (SPOILER ALERT, SPOILERS AHEAD) Here's some examples: A.I. fighting against a secret society that wears black leather and sunglasses and is led by a famous African American actor who's the coolest one there is The Matrix, giant thing in space that holds people who will soon travel to another planet far off (well, moon in this case) is Dune, destroyed New York that is turned into a beach like area is Planet of the Apes, and so many more. (SPOILERS OVER) Basically, it's good enough, but in my opinion, not quite as good as the director's previous work on Tron: Legacy, which at least was original in design. Oh, yeah, and there's a naked lady who is shown in shadow and then lit up in a pool, but from a distance and in the waves when closer. But it's like, THAT CLOSE to full nudity. As far as violence goes, little blood, LOTS of explosions. Like, a Michael Bay level of explosion-y non-bloody violence. BTW, not to be spoiler-y, but lots of creepy clone-embyro things in an evil thing's base.
Teen, 14 years old Written bymoviewathcer September 12, 2014

Poorly written sci fi movie

There is some shooting, and one use of f*©k. Before she goes swimming, a womans bare butt is exposed.
Teen, 14 years old Written bybiovox14 May 9, 2016

This was a great movie.

It was a pretty decent movie. Not a whole lot of action and some partial nudity but nothing serious. Does make you think alot but not real confusing. Some may think it a bit boring.
Teen, 16 years old Written byolympicmascots May 8, 2016

Good movie with some issues

I didn't really see a lot of violence. Some flirting and dating between characters. 2 f words heard and a few swearing. Confusing plot. I just don't know what is really going on.
Teen, 14 years old Written byJimmy Brew July 21, 2015
Kid, 8 years old June 8, 2015

Violent, creepy but awesome thriller is quite racy.

My rating:R for strong violence, nudity, language, and racy content
Teen, 15 years old Written bydeath11skull May 11, 2015

This movie was OK.

My rating:R:For violence, language, and disturbing nudity. Language is constant of sh**, and one F bomb. Violence is simple pg-13. Disturbing sexual scene earns this movie to be rated R. (My opinion)
Kid, 12 years old November 28, 2014

Great Movie!

I saw it with my dad it age eleven. It was not scary for me! But of all my friends, I am the one who does not get scared of movies. I really enjoyed it.
Teen, 14 years old Written bymoviewatcherII November 23, 2014

boring

language: 7/8 Characters say bit©h, sh!t and fu©k. Violence: 3/8 There is plenty of shooting and explosions. Sex: 1/8 A character removes her clothes to swimm. It is dark, but her duff is shown. She then jumps into a lighted pool, illuminating her hindquarters.
Teen, 14 years old Written byOracleRift August 4, 2014

Nice sci-fi

Pretty good but when I first watched it I didn't really got the story, the second time finally got the story, there's moderate violence & nudity
Teen, 13 years old Written bytruetomovies April 12, 2014

boaring

boaring, awful and one of the worst. I am a big fan of tom cruse films but oblivion, gosh it was so boaring. just the whole thing was bad, the story, the action and other things. the only good thing about it was the end song
Kid, 11 years old March 19, 2014

A memorable sci-fi fantasy world with a human heart at it's core.

Beautiful, stylish, and fantastic. Not a masterpiece, imagine the offspring of The Matrix, Moon, Independence Day, and Terminator. Truly stunning visual experience, don't judge it by its cover.
Teen, 15 years old Written byMr Blonde January 28, 2014
Kid, 9 years old December 7, 2013

THE WORST SCIENCE FICTION MOVIE EVER!

This movie was the worst science fiction movie ever for me it just made me dizzy ! You would not learn anything from this movie! I stopped watching it 10 minutes in the movie! If you are a parent do not let your child or you see this movie! Good thing that I did not pay anything to watch this movie!
Kid, 12 years old October 16, 2013

Classic Sci-Fi Film

Tom Cruise stars in this fantastic film that will be a Sci-Fi classic for years to come! Contains sexual scenes and scenes of nudity. Also contains mild language and one use of strong language. Also contains frequent violence and use of drinking, alcohol and smoking cigars. It is a really great film for kids 11 and over!
Teen, 17 years old Written byBestPicture1996 October 15, 2013

Stunning visuals, hard to follow plot

I'm all for sci-fi that challenges the mind, but "Oblivion" had me scratching my head a few times trying to keep up. Cruise turns in another fine performance, as a man trying unravel the dystopian world around him. Freeman is reliably mysterious and charming as a "Scav" that Jack is unsure to trust or not. As I said, you might want to read the synopsis of the film after the first viewing, but its gorgeous visuals and solid action keep the slow-moving plot of the film forward.
Teen, 14 years old Written bymovielover7271 October 5, 2013

Meh

Oblivion is not quite what it had me expecting. Jack Harper (tom cruise) is still on earth, years after the scav war. He works for drone control with his assigned wife and have their own home in the sky, but soon enough, dark and life altering secrets are revealed. I was positive this movie would be fantastic due to its trailer (first time I saw it was before oz the great and powerful) it's visual effects are stunning and there's good acting, but overall it was often confusing and boring. Morgan Freeman let me down. When you see his name in the cast you know that movie will be destined for greatness, but he was barely in it. Well, 3 stars because it's overall premise is pretty cool, but it lacks the typical fun of a scifi movie. By the way, there is one f word and a brief sexual scene in a swimming pool. Ages 11+. Grade C+
Teen, 15 years old Written byNo Name, for real. September 28, 2013

Pretty hard to follow.

I really don't like Tom Cruise as an action star, I like him as an actor, but the guy needs to take a break. I missed just a few minutes of it, and was lost the rest of the entire movie. Sitting in a hot sweaty movie theater confused for 2 hours isn't exactly the best movie experience.
Kid, 10 years old September 15, 2013

Pretty Good Overall

Really good movie but hard to understand at the very end twist is pretty complicated makes you think...but that's why I like it.
Teen, 13 years old Written byjasgreg12 August 17, 2013

Oblivion

Not really a bad movie. There's a woman nude her buttocks are shown but I didn't see it because my dad told me to close my eyes. Also there is one "f" word but most people can handle it.