Kid reviews for Ocean's 8

Breezy heist comedy has fab cast, some iffy behavior.

Teen, 13 years old Written byYokoPunk August 9, 2018

12+great movie

This is very good movie for young girls .
But their somme inappropriate scenes.
But for parents just go to see the movie alone at first like that you no wat is going to happen.
I always ask my mom to go check out like that she confirms if it’s a age appropriate.
#Girlppower

Teen, 15 years old Written bysofiyap07 June 17, 2018

This movie is great!

I thought this movie was really good! Unlike in Ocean’s 11, the characters all had unique personalities that all were important and contributed to the team. They did I great job making this movie, I highly recommend! The characters aren’t the best role models though because they never get caught for any of what they do. There’s nothing else besides that except for 2 make out scenes that don’t lead anywhere. I would highly recommend this movie to any mature 11 year olds of older.
Teen, 13 years old Written bySienna.Gracee June 15, 2018

A good movie but mature

I think this movie was great and I enjoyed it! I am 13 years old and I understood it and loved it. Great storyline, funny and woman empowering. Although not inappropriate it is mature and little ones would not understand it. There is one sexual scene but nothing happens and it is not reason to shy away from taking your kids! Overall, I loved it.

Kid, 10 years old June 14, 2018

Girl Power

There are some really good massages that show the girls are as good as boys. The talk of exes slow the pace of the movie. Over all it was great.

Kid, 11 years old June 9, 2018

Fun, Hilarious addition to Oceans series has some mildly innapropraiate material

I thought Oceans 8 was fun and an overall great movie. The only thing that could have made it better was if it had some more action. Violence- 2/10. A character holds a knife to a man’s stomach. A woman throws up violently into a toilet. Sex- 4/10. A woman starts making out with a man so that she could frame him. Language- 5/10. A couple of S**ts and B****es but nothing too bad! I definitely reccomend Oceans 8. My rating: PG-13 for Language and some suggestive material.

Teen, 17 years old Written bygemcn July 7, 2020

Comedic but Underwhelming

Ocean's 8 is a comedic family film which follows a group of women who plan to steal a $150 million diamond necklace from the Met Gala. Whilst it follows a heist, the film still demonstrates teamwork and female power. Personally, I found the main heist underwhelming and lacked suspense as any obstacles in the plan was easily overcome (eg. they just so happened to know someone who is able to fix their issue). However, great cast with some well known names.

There is little violence besides one character threatening another. Some profanity but relatively mild. Some kissing, one character handcuffs a man to a bed however no sex occurs. Some drinking (typically at the Met Gala), vodka is shown being watered down and one character is shown smoking.

Teen, 13 years old Written bySeriouswatcher July 2, 2020

Nice Robbery

The movie is nice but it doesn't has any special thing in it . I mean they to rob , they rob , and movie's over . No surprises nothing .

Teen, 14 years old Written byTobiasgatfield May 27, 2020

Fun in parts but overall a disappointing schlocky mess.

Debbie Ocean is released from jail after serving a prison sentence. She assembles a special crew of seven women to steal a diamond necklace, worth 150 million dollars, from the Met Gala. A remake of an already mindless piece of trash, Ocean's Eleven (2001), Ocean's Eight is boring for the most part but with a few fun set pieces. The cast, as you would expect, add some charm but apart from that, Ocean's 8 is an empty vacuum. Expect some language, references to drugs and one seducing scene.
Teen, 14 years old Written byC_Smith246 October 12, 2019

AMAZING

I think it is one of the best movies ever. It is funny and fabulous!!!
Teen, 13 years old Written bypeppaandgeorge October 10, 2019
Ocean’s 8 shows a newly improved way to heist/steal using cool gadgets and unique skills. Even though it is about people stealing, there are good messages conveyed such as girls are as good as boys. It also conveys that without a team you can’t succeed with hard tasks. It is hilarious and the people are as cool as cucumbers, with their knowledge and capability. In this movie there are more dialogues which results in less action. There are a few plot twists which make the movie more interesting and addictive to find out what is going to happen next. So basically, it is about Debbie who plans to steal the Toussaint, a $150 million Cartier necklace and needs a gang to do it. She recruits 7/8 women were as keen as mustard when they heard about them being rich. They act as busy as a bee to get their plan all right so there are no flaws. They plan to steal the necklace at New York City’s star-studded annual Met Gala, where there is high standard security. They are going to use Daphne Kluger, a fashion model as a mule so she can wear it to the Met Gala where it can be easily taken. During the Met Gala they successfully steal it and before the event steal a lot of other jewellery. They officially steal the necklace in the bathroom because it is a law that security cameras are not allowed in the bathroom. Daphne was part of it all along and wants to join them. She helps them by making it seem like someone else stole the necklace instead of the woman. In the end, all the eight women live their own lives with better jobs and lifestyles.

It is very good that the movie portrays the personality of the characters and what they specialise at. It is very multicultural for example languages were spoken from a variety of countries such ad India. I really love how at the Met Gala they show guest appearances of other famous people such as Britney Spears, Kim Kardashian etc. There are a few swear words used and kissing scenes but it's all good.

Teen, 13 years old Written byJane Katherine October 9, 2019

A great show for almost all ages!!

This show is so amazing! It has such positive female rolls!(Not to mention that the actors are awesome!) It's well written, fast paced, and such a fun plot line. Also, it is so great for tween girls to see such bad-ass females roles, who are smart and strong!! This a such a great movie!! Its a must watch!!

Kid, 12 years old July 15, 2019

Really cool

I know that some parents think there children may find it hard to tell “right” from “wrong” in this movie, but me and my younger sister (9) understood it just fine. It simply depends on how mature your children are.

Aside from that, I really enjoyed this movie, with lots of female leads,
cool gadgets and heist plan. Overall this movie is really good and I would recommend to children aged 10+

Kid, 12 years old June 2, 2019

My fav movie ever!

I love this movie and even though it has iffy things its a fun action packed film!
Kid, 12 years old April 19, 2019

THIS IS MY FAVORITE MOVIE EVER

This is a group of smart women that are criminals to get money.

Teen, 14 years old Written byAyylil March 9, 2019

Love it

One of my favourite films ....a few sex references but nothing to bad....this movie is very impowering I would reccomend anyone to watch this movie.....if you don’t want your kids to “get any ideas” of stealing I do not reccomend you watch this movie with you child. Also some swearing such as [email protected], one use of the f word and a few uses of crap and bugger...there’s also i scene where people are making watered down vodka ...also some smoking

Teen, 15 years old Written byJay2003 March 3, 2019

Not as good as the others

I like the original oceans cast and characters so watching this was a little disappointing but without comparing it to the other ones it was a great movie. It kept you on your toes and you didn’t really know what happened to the end. There is a little bit of sexual activity but other then that it was a great movie. Don’t let kids watch it until they know the difference of right from wrong because they can get the wrong idea after watching these types of movies

Teen, 13 years old Written bymatthewm_06 January 12, 2019

Ocean's 8 Review

Just okay, Sandra Bullock was very good, and so was Awkwafina, but this movie was preety much boring for the most part. The only exciting thing was the robbery.
Teen, 14 years old Written byboiboing January 7, 2019

Funny, inventive, and with the classic Ocean family tradition, twists

Teen, 15 years old Written bylili.natme January 5, 2019

One of My Favourite Movies of all Time

I've seen this movie multiple times, and I absolutely love it. The cast is incredible. There are funny scenes, and scenes that will leave you guessing at the past of the characters.
Teen, 17 years old Written bykillerqueen01 December 26, 2018

Great film

PROS:
Very entertaining movie
- Great cast
- Intriguing plot
-Minor drug and alcohol use

CONS:
No positive role models shown