Kid reviews for Ocean's Eleven (1960)

Ocean's Eleven (1960) Poster Image

Based on 1 review

Classic is less riveting than to be expected

Though there have been many adaptations of the Oceans 11 series, this original does not live up to the hype of its ‘sequeling’ counterparts. Very slow paced. There was a surprising amount of sexually themed circumstances for a PG rated film in the 60s. One scene was shot in a ‘burlesque’ room(with multiple women in bikini-styled outfits dancing), there is a brief mention of a man cheating, two scantily clad ladies give back massages to two shirtless men,and during the New Years Eve midnight party, men and women kiss, regardless of whether they know each other. SPOILER ALERT-Minimal violence, one main character dies(possible heart attack). In all, if one can sit through the long, boring moments, one can fully enjoy Sinatra, Sammy Davis Jr, and others(including a cameo of Red Skelton!) these very talented men act through a great plot, great intentions, and with a lousy plot and production.

Different

I really enjoyed this movie but they cussed and my younger brother had to stop watching halfway through. Overall this movie is a thriller but takes a lot of thinking. The beginning of the movie was important but was boring and hard to follow. Despite this I liked it but I will probably not watch Oceans 12

Great Film!

I had a great time watching this exiting film i recommend for anyone who's the right age. AMAZING!

Very under-rated.

In the end it teaches that crime doesn't pay and that in the face of defeat, either let it go or try again.