Parent reviews for Odd Thomas

Nightmarish imagery, violence abounds in dark-humored tale.

Parent Written byHeather M. July 9, 2019

Almost as good as the book

Read the books.

Adult Written byLeighsmum September 26, 2018

My weirdo loved it

I can't understand the rating of this one as my kid watched it at age 14 and loved it. Nothing too bad in there. Really good watch.
Adult Written byMisty S. January 26, 2018

there's more in the movie than they mention

They totally forgot to mention the fact that there's a scene with a trashy *** in her panties!!

Parent Written byMatt M. June 24, 2017

Common Sense Review Has It Right

"Nightmarish imagery, horror-movie violence" is right. It's no Exorcist, but this movie is too intense for a 13 year old. I also didn't expect all the language. Too much cussing for that age, too. I read all the Odd Thomas books, and this movie does a decent job of representing Koontz's work. As an adult, I enjoyed the novels. The movie was entertaining, but I would say the appropriate age level is probably about 17.

Parent Written byKatherine G. October 24, 2016

A surprising delight.

I am also perplexed as to the 18+ review for the movie. I think the story is really good, and even though there is some darkness in it, the characters (especially Odd and Stormy) treat it sincerely but lightly. They are quirky, and it lightens the feel of the movie to me. And the message of accepting who you are, and doing the best you can with it is a positive message to me.

Parent of a 15-year-old Written byedythmayor5 July 3, 2016

Cheesy but Fine for kids!

There is a little violence that is hinted throughout the movie, but no gory scenes that leave nightmares. There is one kissing scene that is brief, and a few swear words, but nothing that most pg-13 movies don't contain. I would say that is a well thought out plot, although some scenes are cheesy, which lightens the mood. I would say that this movie has an interesting story line, and may be a bit much for younger viewers, but the older ones will find this to be entertaining while not being overwhelmingly violent, or sexual.