Kid reviews for Old Yeller

Old Yeller Poster Image

Terrible

traumatizing for smaller children and dog lovers!!!
1 person found this helpful.

The movie Old Yeller has at times 2 brothers who can't seem to get along. It's kind of weird.

I don't really like Old Yeller because of the animal attacks but overall is a great movie. There were some good actors in the movie, like Tommy Kirk, Kevin Corcoran, Dorothy Mcguire, Fess Parker, and Chuck Connors. This movie is still worth watching.

If your kid likes to see people shove mice up their nostrils then this is great.

100% recommended for kids.

Hahahaha... Let's see how fast you can REALLY go!

Honestly, seeing Old Yeller going from a hero to a monster is quite sad, and seeing him turn on the family is disturbing. It makes the ending MUCH more epic.

Great adaptation from the classic novel!

Back when we finished the book Old Yeller at my school, my teacher put on this movie and I enjoyed it. My least favorite part is where Travis shoots Old Yeller. I thought the movie and the book were both good.

i loved this movie so much

old yeller is such a good movie. i think it is okay for family to watch but there are some scary moments like (SPOILER) the dog being shot, the boy being bitten by boars and the dog getting injured. other then this, if your family can handle a little bit of blood (very little) and some thematic elements like death, it is definitely a good movie for the family! i loved how the story was about a boy becoming a man, and it is pretty cool to see how life was like back then.

Nah... I have bigger and better things to do.

Honestly it was good until the end. I don’t care about him becoming a man, all I learned is that life sucks. But the fact is that’s not true, so in reality, I didn’t get anything. All it made me do was cry. I know there are good elements but when the dog died it ruined everything. Truly disappointed that I watched this.

Good, yet sad.

Its a good movie, but before you watch it with your kids, it had a dog that the family will love a lot, but, spoilers, it will be put down because it was rabid, it made me want to cry when i saw the movie