Parent reviews for Old

Old Poster Image

Another great movie that makes us think from M. Knight Shyamalan

Great movie. Reinforced values of working together, staying together, learning together. Definitely had subtle theme of "life happens fast" and "be in the now and get priorities straight". Conception is implied but no sex in movie. One character admits marital indiscretion with regret. Couple reunites. Scenes to avoid or fast fwd through with kids = Surgery scene only involes 1 cut with scalpel then skin immediately heels. We told kids to look away. Climber falls and dies in a predictable nongory fashion. Watch for Doctor character to swipe back his scalpel in the dark as he soon stabs the hip hop start to death. Not shown close up, just implied. The real2 things to watch most for is when the brother and sister enter the cave--the lady in there breaks bones and they heal fast backwards--will scare kids. It's meant to be creepy. Soon after that watch for Prisca to slash the doctor with a rusty knife and tetanus sets in aggressively at warp speed in a dramatized scary way.

3 people found this helpful.
Such a great movie, yet so so disturbing. Nothing technically wrong with it, (nudity sex drugs etc,) yet it it so disturbing. Please do not show it to your younger kids.

A bit uneven but asks interesting questions

I am not a huge fan of Shyamalan's work. When it is good it is great and when it is not that good it is very uneven. This film falls into the latter category. However, like most of his films the questions he asks are interesting and I am interested in finding out how it concludes, but the film feels a bit rushed (haha), disjointed and staccato, perhaps that is the point. If so, then well done!

Skip this movie

This movie was terrible. The acting was hard to watch and the violence was too much for kids. Most disappointing M. Night Shyamalan movie we have ever seen. My 13 year old had to turn away from 1/4 of the movie because of the gore.

I’m not old

Whoever called me that is rude

Don't waste time with this crap

Don't waste your time watching this. Nothing about this movie follows a story. Sure, there are a bunch of characters who have problems, and they're in an environment where they quickly lose their life, but where is the character development? If there is any, it's overshadowed by the horrible script and casting of M. N. Shalaman. He has had some success with the Unbreakable superhero movies and Sixth Sense. After watching this movie, I would think that those movies were written by other people, and he took credit for it. Seriously, this is probably the worst movie of the century.

stupid Shamalan can do better!

This movie may be the worst movie I have ever seen. The acting is horrendous! This movie does have some disturbing scenes like them cutting out a tumor just watch out for the scene when they show a girls butt i covered my kids eyes

Some disturbing scenes but great movie

I saw this with my 16 yo son. He has seen many scary movies and was fine with this one. The story is really compelling. I like the movies M Night Shamylan has made. There are some disturbing scenes. There’s a tumor removal surgery and a woman who dies after several grand mal seizures . I’m a nurse and was somewhat creeped out. If your child is sensitive this may not be for them. But it was a great movie in my opinion.

This movie is awful

I wasted 1hr 58min of my life watching this movie. I’m done giving m night shyamalan chances.

Such a beautiful scary movie.

5 stars for me.