Kid reviews for Oliver Twist

Beautiful, but very dark. Not for sensitive kids.

Based on 1 review

Teen, 14 years old Written byMiJus0 January 27, 2011

Just A Little Consideration

i <3 it!! =)

Kid, 11 years old August 25, 2015
Some violence but not much.

Teen, 14 years old Written bylesmisgeek June 24, 2012

Good movie, if understood

I am 14 and LOVE this movie (I LOVE Harry Eden). Although it is a dark tale, Oliver is a good model. He never gave up, he always fought to get what he wanted. I think this should be for 13 and up to understand the hardships and suffering that the characters are going through. My 5-year old sister watches this with me, but she doesn't understand it. I repeat, it is appropriate, but it takes someone older to understand.

Teen, 14 years old Written byandy4165 April 9, 2008
Teen, 17 years old Written byMamado02 February 25, 2016

Teen, 15 years old Written bychargnar August 24, 2012

Awesome

I saw this movie when i was younger and i loved it

Kid, 10 years old March 24, 2011

perf 4 tweens

i like it

Teen, 13 years old Written bylederhosen96 April 26, 2010

sad...uplifting...harry eden...

very good adaptation even though it's not completely constant to the book. Very good acting, particularly ben kingsley (fagin) and harry eden (artful dodger) had the best acting and eden wasn't given enough screen time. Pretty sad

Kid, 11 years old October 20, 2018

Pretty good, but not for sensitive people!

[WARNING; May contain spoilers.] I read the book and it was very good, and I've watched most of the movie on YouTube. Nancy is a good role model and so is Mr. Brownlow. It may be scary at times for young kids, especially all the violent parts, such as when Bill kills Nancy, but if your kid is mature, it''s a great movie to watch. It's got no swearing but a bit of drinking and smoking. There's not many inappropriate things apart from the fact that Nancy's a prostitute and there's bad role models such as Bill, (Murderers,) Fagin, (Pickpockets,) ect. There's a scene where Oliver gets kidnapped by Bill and Nancy which can be quite scary, so I'd say 10+. As long as your child is mature, it's a great movie for the family to sit down and watch!