Kid reviews for On the Basis of Sex

Well-acted if uneven biopic about RBG's early life, career.

Kid, 9 years old December 28, 2018

great, inspiring movie -- gotta watch it!

Hi, I'm a 9 year old girl who loves RBG. I thought the movie was great! Personally I think if I had taken some of my friends they wouldn't like it so much because a lot of the movie is about politics , history, and women's rights, but because I'm really into that stuff I loved it!! I thought it definitely showed some great role models (RBG, her daughter Jane, her husband Marty, e.t.c.). There's no violence in the movie. There is some cursing in the movie and there is a scene where Marty falls to the floor in pain--it's not scary or anything, but it's melodramatic. It's after that that he is diagnosed with cancer. I thought the acting was really good. I also really liked how Ruth's teen daughter plays into the story really well. I also liked how it taught about what the government system was like before RBG made things change. I liked the scenes where her law school students (mostly women, and lots of women of color) were talking about cases and the sexist culture they were trying to change. I highly recommend it to kids who really like RBG and/or who are interested in politics and history and women's rights. It's a really great movie. Go see it!!

Teen, 15 years old Written byNadia Cloud January 26, 2019

Interesting Story!

If you enjoy true stories, this is a great flick for you. I recommend this for ages 13 and up because of language and the plot is hard to follow. Do recommend.

Kid, 9 years old February 24, 2019