Kid reviews for Once Upon a Deadpool

Entertaining re-edited sequel tones down violence, language.

Teen, 14 years old Written byE.M. December 14, 2018

Fantastic

This was a big blessing because I had always wanted to see Deadpool and my parents didn’t let me because of horrific language and graphic violence. I feel like the original Deadpool 2 would have been much better but this is still worth watching if you never saw Deadpool 2. There isn’t much to say, other than the fact that there is some language and some sexual references. But dude, I saw a 7 year old girl in the theater and she was laughing so hard throughout the movie. If you had some second thoughts about letting your kids watching it or have a voice in your head saying not to let them go, or just have it in your conscience to not let them see it, don’t be stupid. The purpose of this film was so kids can watch it! Seriously! Let them! You and them will enjoy it.

Teen, 16 years old Written byMarvelalltheway December 23, 2018

How Once Upon A Deadpool REALLY Is

My mom is always using this website to see how movies are and if it’s okay to watch. She read a few reviews about how Once Upon a Deadpool went and almost didn’t let me see it! However, what these reviews are saying are a little over the top. I realize these are other people’s opinions, so here’s mine. This IS a family movie and it has a great message. The whole story is about family. The violence is fine. There is like almost no blood what so ever because they edited it all out. Really bad curse words are bleeped out. Although, they do throw around the S word a little bit. They blur out anything that people shouldn’t be seeing and that literally happens once! All of the parts when Deadpool gets really gruesomely hurt happens, but they don’t show ANYTHING. There are two kissing scenes that are in the movie, but even Disney Princess movies have those in it. The end of the movie had a really emotional Stan Lee tribute that brought the whole theater to tears! The whole movie was filled with tons and tons of jokes that will keep you laughing the ENTIRE time! While I was watching the movie, there was like a whole birthday party with a bunch of like 7 or 8 year olds watching it, laughing along and having a BLAST. Overall, this movie was GREAT and was literally the BEST thing EVER!!! It’s really just great for people of all ages.

Teen, 13 years old Written byMystic Hugo December 14, 2018

Yeah, Not For Kids

Take this from a mature almost-14 year-old. This film is not for kids! I haven't seen Deadpool 2 but I do know how the plot goes from start to finish. I can believe that Once Upon a Deadpool was a toned down version but barely. There was suicide attempts, violence (not too bad violence though), many sexual references (and I mean a lot!), drug use referencing, blurred nudity and heaps of coarse language each conversation. Like, does FOX realize that they don't need to throw in heaps of bad words each sentence to make something funny? I get having it layered throughout the film but at the amount they were using, it was clear they were trying too hard to make everybody laugh. And for those who are religious, you should definitely not see this film. I am half-religious but was still offended by the amount of disrespect to heaps of religions. Again, haven't seen Deadpool 2 but parents shouldn't bring anybody under the age of 14. Honestly, don't even know how this isn't MA15+

Teen, 16 years old Written bycaaronvanderloop December 12, 2018

Fine for teens

Not as good as the original cut but clean for teens.
Kid, 11 years old January 20, 2019

Amazing.......but still as graphic as the original. according to CSM

Okay, so I never saw the original Deadpool 2, but I’m pretty sure they took out the f words and some of the violence. It still had dick, p---y, sh-t, damn hell bitch ass and more. Also, Deadpool’s head got blown off. And stabbing and blood were a big part in this movie too. Best left for 17+

Kid, 9 years old January 16, 2019

great moive

first do not show a 5 6 7 age but 9 is ok 10+ great i loved the moive my mum thought it would have to much violence but it was ok in some contrys it R13 but i disagree its fine i mean Deadpool dos brake th law but he dos it to protect pepole and for fun sometimes gret moive check it out

Kid, 12 years old January 15, 2019

Not very ‘family friendly’

So, my dad watches movies and explains the ‘bad’ stuff in the movie, however, he didn’t do much of that for this because he was just gobsmacked he was shocked at what they put in there, swearing, sexual refs, blood, ect,

Kid, 9 years old January 1, 2019

Pretty well rounded

Ok I’m only young but I’m pretty good with maturity so I may be wrong.It has a bit of violence and is overral pretty well rounded but the one scene that broke the bounderies is the scene with Fred Savage and the unnessasary bleeps about fighting this guy look it up if you want. Look you should watch and if you want to hide that one scene so be it I don’t blame you but in the end quote Deadpool “We’re bringing out the childhood innocence in Deadpool 2” or whatever he said I can’t remember. Just take my opinion into account bu5 in the end it’s your decision.

Teen, 14 years old Written byBobStone23 February 15, 2019

Great movie but not for little kids

It’s an amazing movie for 12 and 13 year olds who can’t watch the R rated version. It’s sloghtl toned down and feels more like a marvel movie!

Teen, 15 years old Written byILikeMovies1234 February 6, 2019

Once Upon a Deadpool Review

Ok, hi there. haven't seen the the original Deadpool 2, but this version probably has a few hundred less bad words then the original. It still has a few dozen s-bombs, but there is still some great role models and positive messages with the perfect amount of fight scenes. Oh by the way I saw this movie today and it's absolutely hilarious. Great pick for teens and older.

Kid, 12 years old January 28, 2019

Great but very iffy stuff

lots of references that will go over kids heads but still lots of violence and swearing. I also liked the F is for family message

Kid, 11 years old January 28, 2019

Meh. Just fine.

"Once Upon a Deadpool" is a kid-friendly, PG-13, version of Deadpool 2. Kids who haven't been able to see Deadpool 1 and 2 may want to watch this, but may find it complex as you would have to see the first Deadpool in order to get the backstory. What makes this version of Deadpool PG-13, is that THIS time, they take out "most" of the swear words (not all). There is one scene where a man and woman are shown kissing (no nudity), and another part of the film where Deadpool is regrowing his lower half of his body (the lower half is naked) but they don't show you anything inappropriate. Kids 10 and older should watch this film.
Teen, 13 years old Written byJacobMarc26 January 10, 2019

It's an Amazing Movie!

Along with The Meg, i love the heck out of these 2 movies, i personally think this is better than deadpool 2, because it censors the f word, and also Along with The Meg, It's one of if not my favorite movie of all time

Kid, 10 years old January 3, 2019

good for kids

it's fine for kids it just a little blood Avengers: Infinity War was worse and gore it fine my 8 year old brother watch it with me he was not scared at all and did not have nightmares it is the best deadpool plus it is the lowest rating out of the 3 movies. it fine

Kid, 11 years old December 21, 2018

Awesome

My Little Cousin Was So Excited For This And I Wont Blame Him!