Kid reviews for One Day

Book-based drama is too heavy for younger teens.

Based on 1 review

Teen, 14 years old Written byermoisley325 May 28, 2020

Great movie!

I think that One Day was a really good movie! I watched it with my older sister. I can see why kids under 13 would feel uncomfortable if they watched it with their family, but otherwise, it’s good. *Warning* sexual content, drugs, alcohol, and butt sightings

Teen, 14 years old Written byLock1234 May 8, 2019

So Sweet!

Great movie! Loved it! Younger kids may find it boring, but personally I really enjoyed it. Some language, but probably nothing more than kids hear in school. Several scenes of kissing, and a couple of scenes where couples kiss in underwear. Implied sex. One scene where two people go skinny dipping, but you only see their silhouettes and them in the water (neck up). The guy's clothes are stolen and he is forced to run around attempting to cover himself with a bag. Nothing is seen though. Overall great movie!
Teen, 15 years old Written byLesMis24601 December 23, 2017
I absolutely loved this film,seen it twice, and am not ashamed to admit that it made me cry at the end! I loved Anne Hathaway, she was brilliant in this, and found the film really enjoyable - while jim Sturgess is good, his character is definitely less likeable, and is overridden by Hathaway. There is nothing particularly harmful in this film, especially if you are mature, and can handle things. GREAT FILM (with a brilliant musical score)!!!!:)
Teen, 17 years old Written bymcashd55 March 5, 2017

More than just One Day is needed to watch this movie again

This movie is good. Good story. Realistic. Sad. Though-provoking. There is not much to say for a movie that stands on its own.

Teen, 13 years old Written byeschmu September 8, 2013

Dont watch a waste of your time.

I didnt like this movie at all. I waisted like 2 hours of my night watching it. The end was horrible. Sad movie. I like Anne Hathaway she did great in this movie but I didnt enjoy the story line at all. There was alot of nudity and swearing. Not the best for kids and preteens. Maybe older teens to adults.

Teen, 14 years old Written by3wisemonkeys April 8, 2013

Not for the family!

It wasn't as good as I expected and I found the sex, language and violence awkward (especially as I went with my sister.) It has a positive message about love and has some good actors but not suitable for families or under 15s

Teen, 13 years old Written byluvpink December 25, 2011

Boring.

Too much nudity and love scenes. I was almost embarrassed when I watched it. It was also quite violent and had too many scenes in which people were drunk. It was very boring. Wish I had not seen it.

Teen, 15 years old Written byTotally500 December 4, 2011

One Day is One Boring movie

I hate this movie it was boring after 15 minutes too much lauguage and sex oohh no
Teen, 16 years old Written bykamiekirk November 8, 2011

Full nudity and swearing

I merely had to look it up to know I did not want to see it, and that it is not appropriate for anyone under 18. There are several scenes with full nudity including a nude beach scene, and several sex scenes. There is also swearing. I would never let my 14 year old sibling watch this.

Teen, 14 years old Written bybookee September 10, 2011

Great Love Story :))

The movie really had a lot of sexual and violent contents but those are very important in making the movie unforgettable and inspiring. One of the characters may be violent but that only shows how much the people we love can change us and love us back. It also shows how we must not only love those we love dearly. They must FEEL that they are loved. There was a line in the movie that i really can't forget, "I love you Dexter. I just don't like you anymore." I suggest that if you don't want your children to see this movie because you think it's too much for them, just see it together with your whole family. Who knows, this movie may influence them to be a good parent just like you in the near future. :))

Teen, 15 years old Written byImiYoung August 24, 2011

Amazing, but not for everyone.

I loved this movie so much! I saw it alone last night, and I was completely into the movie. It was funny, sad, and everything in between. At one point, i was shocked and I thought i had stopped breathing for about 15 mins. I cried, laughed, and got angry. GREAT MOVIE!