All parent member reviews for One Night with the King

Adult Written byjimegli April 9, 2008

Enjoyed it

I went to see this film with my wife and 16 year old daughter. It was a real pleasure to see. I avoid most movies out there because they are depressing or have questionable values or messages. I found One Night with the King to be a positive, enjoyable experience for myself and my family.
Adult Written byBevG April 9, 2008

Spectacular

With God all things are possible.
Adult Written byhockeymamma April 9, 2008

Poor Script

The photography and costumes were lush. But the screenplay was difficult to follow. Most kids won't be interested whether Esther is the concubine chosen to be queen and that is a major portion of the movie. The motivation of the king and queen's behavior is barely dealt with. Why doesn't Esther tell the king she didn't have an affair?
Adult Written byhalz14 April 27, 2011

Good for ages 9 year and older

Good movie but not historicly correct.
Adult Written byjduncan324 April 9, 2008

Makes the story of Esther come alive!!!

This is a great movie. You can tell that it wasn't done on the budget of a huge epic hollywood film but still a wonderful movie. Loved the romance & how they stayed true to the Bible story. Glad to have movies to go to that are not all sex, violence, language & drugs. I'm soooo glad someone finally put the awesome story of one of my heroes on the big screen!!!
Adult Written byryanb April 9, 2008

Awesome movie

I saw the movie last night for the second time, and I enjoyed it just as much! It was funny, had a little bit of suspense, and had some pretty good acting. I was glad to see that this movie did not compromise the historical account found in the Bible, in fact it helped shed even more light on the story of Esther. I especially liked the part where Esther is speaking to Hagai when the candidates are picking out what decorations they wanted to wear for their "one night", and she said that she would rather bring something that the King's heart delights rather than something she would think he liked. That has really spoken to my spirit about how we should approach God. I totally recommend that people should see this movie, especially if you enjoy the story in the Bible like I do.
Adult Written byCSM Screen Name... April 9, 2008

Loved it!

I thought this movie was beautifully done. Made me go back and read this portion of the Old Testament - it was right on the money! At first I found the female lead to be less than believeable as Esther. While she was pretty, I'm not sure I would have described her as the most beautiful girl in the kingdom. But you soon came to see that it was not just outwordly beauty that attracted the King to her. There was a sad side of the story that was not in the biblical account of her friend that was made a eunuch. This might have some children asking a lot of questions that might be a little uncomfortable to answer so you might want to be prepared for that.
Adult Written byDenga2 April 9, 2008
Adult Written bySerohna April 9, 2008
Adult Written byaketter April 9, 2008
Adult Written byVictorya April 9, 2008

It was so much more than I expected

I LOVED this movie. I had high hopes for this Biblical epic of one of my favorite heros Queen Esther. But to be honest, I expected to be a bit disapointed. Boy was I wrong. Not only was it a great epic for the entire family to enjoy, but it was also a warm and fuzzy, very romantic "chic flick" that left me sighing afterwards. I kept thinking about the movie for days--now that's a good movie experience! Rush out and see it.
Adult Written byRachel D April 9, 2008

excellent family film

This is a great example of how a movie can be kept clean and remain interesting and fun. Not entirely biblically accurate but a good effort to retell one of the greatest love stories of history. Older kids (especially teen girls) will enjoy this with their parents. Highly recommended.
Adult Written byndenosky April 9, 2008