All teen and kid member reviews for Only God Forgives

Teen, 15 years old Written bymovie loving teen October 9, 2013

Refn's Amazing Art House Thriller Has Some Extreme Violence and Sex.

I love this movie because I love art house thrillers that have minimal talking, which is exactly what this is. A lot of people will dislike this movie because of the minimal talking and its pretty lurid content. But this movie is like a salute to the works of Stanley Kubrick it has some amazing cinematography, an outstanding score, fantastic acting and an all around chilling storyline that is just one big metaphor for a war between Heaven and Hell. A must see for anyone who liked Refn's past movies and anyone who likes the works of Stanley Kubrick. This movie also have one of the most graphic scenes of violence and gore that it could shutter anyone. By far one of the best movies of the year so far.
Teen, 14 years old Written byJustin Rivera March 17, 2014

An Underrated Work Of Art

Only God Forgives is one of the most underrated and overlooked films I have ever seen. It's absolute eye candy with its dreamlike visuals, magenta/blue color scheme and its symmetrical cinematography (paying homage to the films of Stanley Kubrick). The soundtrack by Cliff Martinez is hypnotic and gorgeous, it adds a surreal tone to this film. It's visually stunning. Only God Forgives isn't flawless but it is an absolute masterwork that I'm sure art-house movie goers will adore. It's filled with symbolism, every character is a metaphor for something. This film is also filled with mystery, the main character fantasizes a lot leaving the viewer to decide what really happened and what doesn't, nearly every scene in this film is symbolic. This film is definitely not for younger children, it is extremely violent (not abundant, but when it happens it's very shocking), sexual themes and implied incest, coarse language and not many role models. Not exactly suitable for those under 17. This film is not for all movie goers, only for those who like art-house films or at least deeper films with meaning and intellect in a film.
Teen, 14 years old Written byrebo344 January 30, 2016

Not as bad, but it's painfully slow at times.

Only God Forgives is an okay movie. I thought it didn't deserve the hate. Although it's not perfect. I loved the music, cinematography and acting. The story is decent, a standard revenge tale. My main issue is that it moves painfully slow at times. Grade: B-. Three and a half stars. I also noticed a creepy vibe between Gosling and Thomas.
Teen, 17 years old Written byBreakingBeauty4 February 16, 2015

Only God Forgives

Just because 'Only God Forgives' is ultraviolent, doesn't mean it's exciting.