Kid reviews for Osmosis Jones

Mostly animated PG film has gross-out humor, violence.

Kid, 11 years old December 27, 2012

A Grossed Out Film

Well, let me tell the story how I first saw this film. I saw it in science class and I had to answer these questions. This made me laugh and grossed out. It's a funny film,but messed up. You see, this movie was supposed to be rated PG-13 then they switched to PG (you know, to be family-friendly) Scenes like adult like. One deleted scene was where the two characters visit sperm cells in Frank's body. One scene in the film where cells were making out. One was when Frank's pal gives him beer to drink. When the male cell tells a female cell about hooking-up and the female taking a joke about masturbating .Another scene is where in the mayor's office, there's a statue of a sperm cell. Another is when the Frank pukes all over his daughter's teacher and they show it in the movie! That will make your kids wanting to puke.One specially gross scene where the two heroes try to find the bad guy and his crew. They go to a club and then there was this rapper called "Kidney Rock" (just like you guessed it, "Kid Rock") and while all this happens, they show cells strip-dancing!!! And there's another scene where a character drinks a beverage that looks like beer. Lastly, when the characters mentions the uvvala and the character thinks its in his boxer shorts when it's his throat. This movie's so down in the dumps. It shows great scientific facts to learn but, it's gross in a way to it. I just can't stand that film. For me, I would recommend something better to watch.

Teen, 13 years old Written bysupersonic7896 March 29, 2012

kids of plymouth watch

before the true rateing i must say i am from plymouth. if anyone who goes to nmes will look at the school in movie and hospital scean it might look firmiliar. i saw when i was younger and liked it watched its show. grossness bothers you when older rather than younger cause when your younger you dont know its gross.

Teen, 14 years old Written byDL1 June 7, 2011

Are You Serious

I loved this movie. I watched it and the TV series when I was like 5. There is no real language just innuendos like "He's one cell of a guy" There is nothing that is inappropriate about this movie. It has it's sad deaths but nothing to bad. I think you all should grow up!
Kid, 12 years old June 6, 2016

Good potential, gross "humor"

This movie has great creativity put into it, but it is poorly executed. You will want to have done eat before this movie, because it is quite gross. Its main villain Thrax (A personified Antrax germ), murders a few blood cells, and it is heartbreaking to see how poor health Bill Murra- I mean, Frank is in. Also a female white blood cell wears a very short dress, but its a blood cell so... Yeah. Overall bland movie, but kids might get something out of it. I recommend Nostalga Critic's review of the film, he will probably help you more than me.

Kid, 10 years old June 17, 2011

It's okay, but definatley not for under 8!

It's a great movie and all but I don't really like all the refrences to swerar word like "What the Frank?" and "He's on cell of a guy!" also "Dipstick!" I also don't like the scene where Osmosis is at the theatre watching Frank's dreams and the two red blood cells behind him are kissing. Also, there is an insane amount of violents. For example, the virus uses his nails/claws and slices open a germ violently.

Teen, 15 years old Written bytiff0795 November 25, 2010

Rated PG for bodily humor

you don't have to worry about the language. All it is is "He's one cell of a guy" "Get your nucleus down there!" lots of humor about the body. The only bad message is a hidden one, where Drix is telling Osmosis to go to the uvuella, when Osmosis asks where the cell it is, Drix says it's the little hangy ball. Osmosis exclaims that he knows where it's at, it's in the boxers, then Drix starts yelling the back of the throat. some violence and some scary sceenes, and some potty humor, but nothing really major.

Teen, 14 years old Written bysisterwhocares December 9, 2011

Not bad, rather educational. A bit corny, but good for 5th/6th graders.

I actually watched this movie in my health class, and it is rather educational. Most of the inappropriate stuff is just potty humor. It does give some good facts about the human body, and the main character is very brave. However, this movie has its drawbacks too. Some of the "violence" did not scare me at all, but it might scare some younger children, since the main character is this red creepy guy (E. coli). I did not really catch any language, but there might have been some language references. The sexual content was a tad bit much for a movie geared towards 6-8 year olds (as I could tell); let me be specific. There is some kissing, and in a club a germ in a very skimpy, lingerie-like outfits dances (just shaking rear back and forth; the rear is not shown). Also, Osmosis flirts with a woman and asks her if she wants to "hook up", which younger children might not understand. The potty humor is slightly nauseating sometimes (a guy is shown throwing up), and a little too frequent, but that is common in these cartoon, early 2000s type of movies. Oh, and the dad dies at the ends, but it's only clinical, he later shows to be alive. Overall, not a bad movie for older kids and young tweens (the corny plot and potty humor will bore older ones), especially those taking life/human body classes. Surprisingly educational.

Kid, 9 years old June 17, 2011

Disgusting!!

Very very gross! I couldn't eat very well after I saw the movie. This is NOT appropriate for kids! I saw it at school and the other kids in my class liked it, but I wish I had never seen it. It is also so sad that I almost cried. I don't get grossed out very easily or get sick at the sight of blood, but the way they showed things in this movie really bothered me.

Kid, 9 years old May 15, 2011

Saw this when I was younger, good movie.

I was browsing CSM today when I remembered this, just had to review it, its not a bad movie its actually a very fun movie for kids and parents.

Teen, 13 years old Written byLumar2011 July 9, 2017

This is one of my favorite movies!!

This movie is not scary or gross! I don't understand what the other reviewers are talking about! It's great for people of all ages!
Kid, 12 years old November 28, 2010

Good Movie

Teen, 15 years old Written byyuck1 January 30, 2017

is me and my sister favorite movie little kids

this movie the best in the world i got the dvd
Teen, 13 years old Written byPassionforWriting42 April 5, 2016

Weird

We had to watch it in Science class. The man is nasty and has horrible hygiene, it is often scientifically inaccurate, and it was really weird. Not even close to being child-appropriate. Osmosis Jones says the F word to describe his feelings for school, fake strip clubs, flirting. I don't recommend little kids watching this. Swearing innuendos like Holy spit. But I do have to give it points for creativity. It wasn't as bad as everyone thinks.

Kid, 10 years old September 12, 2009
i watched this movie when i was very little and it scarred me for life. it was pukey and disgusting and the poor little girl's father dies from sickness. i still am afraid to watch it not only because i had many nightmares that week when i watched it but it would be a waste of my good frickin time. this movie sucked. Don't bother watching it or the darn TV show either. Both are absolutely revolting!!! i say it has bad language because references to bodily functions like feces, urine, passing gas, ect.

Kid, 12 years old July 11, 2010

amazing movie

this movie is brilliant u HAVE to see it

Kid, 10 years old March 13, 2010

Osmosis Jones Is Off For 11 Years Old

This Is The First Farelly Brothers Cartoon Movie

Kid, 12 years old December 26, 2009
I think this movie is educational because of a white blood cells and cold pills getting rid of a fever virus.

Teen, 13 years old Written byperfectionist December 18, 2009

great action comedy

this movie was better than i expected. Kids will love it. But some kids will probably not understand some of the jokes.
Teen, 13 years old Written byBestPicture1996 September 25, 2009

I enjoyed this movie very much

I didn't think of the body humor as gross, but more clever. It's like a satire, in its own way, of detective shows, except as cells. Brilliant and funny...plus I liked the TV series as well.