Want personalized picks that fit your family?

Set preferences to see our top age-appropriate picks for your kids.

Get age-based picks

Parent reviews for Outlaw King

Brutal historical epic has graphic violence and nudity.

Based on 1 review
Adult Written byLucy1984 November 13, 2018

Gory but true story

This is a brilliant movie. If it wasn’t for the sex scene I alike say it would be suitable for 12/13 plus. It is one of the most true to actual history films I have seen in a long time. It is very gory so as long as older teens can handle gore they should be OK.

Adult Written byPamthelgbtqactivist November 21, 2018

Just two mom with a great review!

WE, and in we I mean the whole fam (6 yr old daughter Patrice, 12 yr old Ian and us two Moms), just adored this kid friendly film. We think it is so important for our young kidos to learn self defense. The sex scene was a little too steamy for the youngsters, but no worries, we fast forwarded!! Thanks Netflix for sharing!

Parent of a 18+ year old Written byDizbrainAnew January 5, 2019

Interesting History

It's accurate in fact, though the timeline was changed for the purpose of fitting a lot of years into the movie. A few gory and disturbing scenes. Great acting, and a really good film
Adult Written byNiweera December 10, 2018

True story with a hint of Pine and cedar.

Outlaw King is a depiction of a guerilla war between English army and Scotland king Robert the Bruce in the 14th century. This movie has graphic violent scenes which might not be suitable kids. However, if you are up for some historic warfare and tactics, you are going to love this...