All parent member reviews for Over the Hedge

Parent of a 3 year old Written bytiaceleste March 6, 2011

Not Good for Short Attention Spans

This movie was super boring for my 3.5 year old. It did not hold his attention at all and he loves animal movies. He kept asking me why the animals were stealing and making a mess and why they were eating people food. It was not a good pick! Glad I only got it from the library for free...
Adult Written bykaetra December 28, 2009
This is a DVD we own and watch over and over. It's very entertaining for the grown-ups as well as the kids. Some scary parts, lots of cartoon violence. Lots of laughs, clever storyline. We especially like all the suburban stereotype fun-poking.
Educator and Parent Written byflyingby November 5, 2012

Funny parts. A few scares in the beginning and end.

I watched it with my sister, who is 5 and it was a bit too old for her. She was OK as long as me and my dad were laughing.
Adult Written by413804 January 29, 2012

A nice Film

A nice movie. Pretty funny. Kids will love Hammy. The bear is pretty scary.
Adult Written bymegz11 May 30, 2011

AMAZING, OUTSTANDING, better than any lousy, boring disney film!

This film is great and will always be. Although a few jokes kids wont get none of them are offensive or harmful. This film is very funny and entertaining all the way through and kids and adults will enjoy it. I love RJ the raccoon. RJ is brilliant and so funny :)
Parent of a 3 year old Written bysallmond February 13, 2011

good little movie :)

This is just a fun movie... My son is 3 but i chose 4 based on other reviews. He doesn't get upset at scary stuff yet and the only concerns he showed were over "loud" parts. He loves animals and that certainly held his attention....for the lessons, he might not be getting them quite yet but he did understand that Vincent was "mean" and the home-owner lady was "not nice" so we talked about that.
Adult Written bytommysportsgirl April 9, 2008

A lot of fun!!!

Smart and clever- a fun movie!!!
Adult Written byPrend1 April 9, 2008

Scared my two kids

I took my 6 year old and my 3 year old ot see this movie. My 3 year old was crying before we were 10 minutes into the movie. I took him to the lobby to play games and kept checking on my 6 year old. About an hour into the movie he said that he wanted to go home because they were trying to kill the animals. So we left. Very diasppointed. My kids had been wanting to see this for weeks and then the dang movie was too scary for them.
Adult Written byevvdxx April 9, 2008
Adult Written byclarence August 6, 2015
Parent Written bythe mustaphas March 10, 2014

Think twice

This is a complete political movie made as if it was for kids. every word said, every action is done to match some in real life situation. I will leave it up to you to find out.
Parent Written bymflint22 October 1, 2011

Great consciousness raisng!

Wonderful!
Parent of a 11 and 11 year old Written byFidgit77 January 18, 2011

Family Favorite

I don't think I have ever met anyone, of any age, who saw this movie and didn't at least like it. Positive messages and lots of fun
Adult Written byOvertheHedgeReview January 17, 2011

Educational, yet fun, Movie!

This movie was very educational and left my kids begging for more! The morals were very obvious at the end of the movie and I take into consideration that my kids learned a lot from viewing that movie!
Parent of a 5 and 8 year old Written byRYD June 12, 2010
We watched this with my 5-year-old and 8-year-old daughters and they loved it. Humor was funny enough for adults to appreciate and the main idea about being a friend and not deceiving others is a good one.
Adult Written bysouthparkfan14 May 27, 2010

dont see it!

very bad... the movie is not funny and it is poorly written and it has some messages that is not good for kids... and i can not stand the charechters especially that turtle!
Parent of a 4 and 6 year old Written byProudpapa January 22, 2010

Good message, better for older kids than young

Agree with the common sense take - I watched it with a 4- and 6-year old. The 6-year old enjoyed it, the 4-year old found it too scary, and we had to stop it about 1/2 way through. My wife and I enjoyed the messages that were coming through ("for humans, enough food is never enough!"), but it's just too intense for the younger crowd.
Parent of a 17 year old Written bylove2 September 28, 2009

a very......

a very good movie!
Parent of a 3 and 5 year old Written byheavensent143617 July 20, 2009

8 up

There's a part in this movie where one of the cartoons says when life stinks just roll over and lick your privates! He actually does. I just dont see how thats a good message. Wont see it again.
Adult Written byCSM Screen Name... April 9, 2008