All parent member reviews for Panic Room

Adult Written byAshnak April 9, 2008

Good Psychological Thriller

This movie was nothing like what I expected. It will keep you on the edge of your seat.
Adult Written bySamanthaWurm January 20, 2015

My Review For Panic Room!

Panic Room is about a mom (Jodie Foster), and a child (Kristen Stewart), who move into an old house that has a panic room. Well, that night burglars break in, and they know that the mom and daughter are in the panic room and won't leave until they come out or let them have the money they are looking for. There are some very intense scenes, including a hand gets smashed in the panic room door, someone is getting kicked and punched, and there is some shooting involved. There is also a lot of swearing! Including the "f" word several times and the "s" word several times.
Adult Written bySwiftyROCKS097 November 23, 2012

Is it suitable for teenagers?

Last week my 15 year old son asked me if he could watch this movie. As a cautious parent, I told him I would watch it, and decide if he is mature enough to watch it. While watching it, I noted all the profanity, and violence. There is quite a bit of swearing, and very little(for a suspense movie) violence. I told my son, I thought he was mature enough to watch it. But, you know your kid better than I do.
Parent Written bycommensense111111 June 19, 2012

Scary for Kids

My daughter is obsessed with Kristen Stewart and is trying to watch all her movies and she wanted to watch this one but I know she gets scared of movies easily, so I told her I'd watch it first. I ended up not letting her watch it (she's 13) because it freaked me out a bit. I mean they broke in and it was scary and I can imagine my daughter having nightmares about that. I told her she wouldn't like it because for kids, it was scary. Not to mention, the language was awful! Curse words especially the F word were repeated constantly, even by the 12 year old girl, which isn't a positive role model for my daughter. I wouldn't let your child watch it until they are 17+ because it IS an R rated movie for a reason. It will scare children.
Adult Written byNeonKennedy November 8, 2011

Great movie

Adult Written byjoshua martinez September 30, 2011

16 and up.

Panic Room is one of those good suspense movies ever but parents this movie has a lot of intense violence and constant strong language used and drinking.
Adult Written byHeroneSilverton November 18, 2008

One of the best Thriller's ever.

This movie will have your heart beating very hard. It is extremely suspensful, and honestly, one of the best thriller's I've ever seen. Jodie Foster does fantastic in her role, and the antagonist is extremely revulsive. The biggest issue in this movie is the language. There is a LOT of f*ck's, and a few of most every other word. But f*ck is definitely the word used the most. I haven't counted, but I know it was over 30. The violence isn't like an action movie, but it's more realistic, and there is blood. But seriously, this is a fantastic movie. If your kid is 15 or older, then it's ok, just make sure they're ok with a LOT of cursing. This is definitely a must see movie. One of my favourites.