Kid reviews for Pan's Labyrinth

Pan's Labyrinth Poster Image

ITS SO DKXJFD9OP43ED

THIS MOVIE. It is so good. its beautiful, although may be scary to young children (pale man and possibly the faun) it has war violence obviously,but you can skip past that if your sensitive to violence and instead admire the beauty this masterpiece of a movie holds
3 people found this helpful.

Del Toros Masterpiece...

This movie is a masterpiece. Very dark, visually stunning and shocking. The best movie I have watched so far...

2 people found this helpful.

A Beautiful Work Of Art

This film is amazing. The war violence is brutal so keep away from younger viewers. The film brings you into its world and keeps you there in awe of the pure imagination of it.

2 people found this helpful.

A FAIRYTALE FOR ADULTS

What you need to know is that Pan’s Labyrinth is a very violent fairy tale/war movie. By far the most brutal scene is where a guy gets a beer bottle smashed into his face, with gruesome sound. You can see a fair amount of blood and his nose getting smashed into his face. Other violent scenes include: A character is shot in the cheek. A bit of blood pours from the wound and his eye fills with blood. A man is tortured offscreen, but we later see his bloodied face and his presumably broken arm. A woman stabs a man twice, in the shoulder and chest, before putting her knife inside his mouth and cutting his cheek (so fast you cannot see it). The character then spends a scene stitching his very graphic wound up. Numerous characters are shot, often fatally, often with quick blood spurt. A toad vomits up what looks like it’s intestines. Pretty disgusting. The pale man bites the heads of two fairies up (not much blood). The move is also quite frightening and intense, especially the pale man, who is told to eat children, and in a very intense scene, chases Ofelia. There is no sex or nudity whatsoever in the movie. Many f-words are said in the movie, as is the occasional use of sh*t and a**hole. Overall, Pan’s Labyrinth is an incredible move, packed with action and excitement. However due to the tonnes of violence, I’d say this movie is ok for children around the age of 10 of 11

its alright

There is some cussing and violence, but not enough to where i'd call it an R rated movie. PG-13 is a more accurate rating. There are some scenes that might scare younger kids, but if your child is mature, it's probably fine. I found it very frustrating to watch, and it is not among my favorite movies, but all to there own.

a bit bloody

Nothing too bad, but a bit bloody and gross. The pale man may give small children nightmares, as well as Pan. one scene, someone cuts the captains cheek open, and i advise looking away.

1 person found this helpful.
it’s a gory story, but most teens would be able to handle it without nightmares or anything. But there are parts of pure violence that murders people where you can see the damage which can be triggering for some so if your soft or your kid is soft then i don’t recommend this. plus there’s a bit of swearing but not over the top.

1 person found this helpful.

my favorite movie of all time

its a foreign film so not recommended for kids with dyslexia and etc. (like my sisters) there is cursing, but in spanish so its no big deal. there are a couple gory scenes, but it add to the dynamic of the plot and villanization of the antagonist. i first watched this at age 12 by myself, then loved it so much i showed it to my parents. its a haunting masterpiece and my favorite movie of all time.

its not bad

I watched it last night and it was actually a really good movie! lots happened and good plot. on the other hand, nothing too scary happened. the pale man was pretty scary but he doesn't even end up catching Ofelia so uh... he does eat two fairies but even that wasn't too gory. A man gets his face smashed in with a beer bottle and a different guy gets hit in the head with a hammer but those are the goriest parts i think. Lots of shooting blood and violence so not for the queasy. Some people in it smoke. It was an overall good movie but if your looking for something scary this isn't the right movie.

amazing movie but terrifying

i’m personally a scaredy-cat, I can’t watch most horror movies and this movie still scares me, but if you’re mature enough to not be traumatized by it, definitely watch it! it’s really well done but scary.