All parent member reviews for Paranormal Activity 2

Adult Written byrocckefler October 27, 2010

Comon people let your kids grow up

I am sick of people bad mothing these kind of movies. different children have different maturity levels and it is not fair to use a website like this to judge your parenting skills. Even if a movie is too scarry for thair teenagers. they will see one and not want to see another again. protecting your teenagers from fear and violence does more damage then help. LET THEM EXPERIANCE IT FOR THEMSELVES! a film like this has no violence or mind crippling themes. It is just a thrill ride for fun
Adult Written byCubwired October 23, 2010

My 13 year old son saw it last night. Worst decision I have made! He couldnt sleep at all last night..actually ended up in my bed.....which doesn't happen....not a good movie for anyone
Adult Written byAmericanplaya217 July 24, 2013

better then the rest

The movie is violent and terrifying, some blood. Graphic Language throughout. The movie is the best one in the p.a. series.
Parent Written bytreat02 February 18, 2012

prob not scary

this is prob not gonna be scary.
Parent Written byRobbyWBoy16 January 3, 2012

PA2

worse than the first, little more freaky than firts
Adult Written byJmR x September 24, 2011

SCARY for the younger audience

This film is SCARY but pretty good, you dont want kids having nightmares after this so try not letting kids under 15 watching it...
Parent Written bydiggernick1 July 28, 2011

Best family movie EVER!

my daughter and son both loved it I got their whole room theme on paranormal they are both 4 yrs old
Adult Written byashbudgie1 June 25, 2011

Not a bad sequel.

It's very much like the first "Paranormal Activity", only with a family. *spoilers* A dog gets injured and at least one person dies graphically on screen. It's not for kids or the faint-of-heart, but as a horror movie, it's not disgusting or brutal. If you liked the first one, you will probably enjoy this one too.
Parent of a 17 year old Written byMr. K November 9, 2010

Extremely predictable but very scary leaving you in anticipation for more. Loved the ride
Adult Written byEvanReviews November 8, 2010

Terrifying Movie, But For An Older Audience

Great movie but has some language and sexual innuendo in some scenes
Parent Written byPlague November 1, 2010

Paranormal Activity 2

Very jumpy and creepy, but at the same time, intelligent and really does a good job intertwining the original movie into the film's plot.
Adult Written by2Simple October 30, 2010

Scarier than the first!

Remember - scarier does not always equal "better". The original was better, I think, because the characters were more believable and the idea was novel. This sequel has more scares and jump moments, but you don't really care much about the family. The dog and the baby are the only ones you actually root for. This is not a movie for kids under 15, so don't even think about taking them unless you want them to have some really bad nightmares. The violence is freaky, although mostly implied rather than shown (but not always), and the language is bad, but not as raunchy as in the first movie. A couple discusses having sex in the bathtub, but it isn't shown and little kids won't understand the references anyway. All in all, great movie to see if you like horror, and especially if your teenager likes horror. It's not as gruesome or nasty as many horror movies out there, so give it a try!
Parent of a 12 year old Written byjkks76 October 29, 2010

Be careful - at first glance it might seem benign as the "horror" is mostly psychological. But even if your kids are desensitized to violence somewhat it will likely give them nightmares, even as young teens. I didn't find it very scary, even somewhat funny, but when I spent a few minutes in an empty house afterward I heard every creak in my old house and my heart was beating really hard. My 7th grader is definitely not ready, I can't imagine most would be!
Parent of a 14 year old Written byTheGman447 October 26, 2010

GREAAT FOR LITTLE KIDS

Funny, everybody thinks this movie is so scary, this movie is just as stupid as the original, NO storyline, no jumpy parts, short and stupid, WORST MOVIE EVER
Adult Written byTom_Gamer_Tom October 26, 2010

Anyone who thinks this is scary, Is an utter wimp.

This movie is supposed to play on your mind, Scare you as such. I do not like horror movies normally, but I have to say. I have found Tweenies episodes more scary than this film. You basically watch about 2 hours of a room and hearing moaning and screaming. Maybe if someone got disemboweled it would be a little scarier. Pathetic.
Parent of a 17 year old Written byjianan4115 October 24, 2010

I'm afraid the kids will read the shadow dofus kamas cheap
Adult Written bykhan2705 October 24, 2010

Best Horror Movie of this year.

If you didn't like the first film, just skip this sequel. It's more of the same in terms of structure and style. However, if you liked the first film, you'll definitely enjoy this. I thought the storyline was rather clever in that it ties in with PA. Overall, even though this isn't as scary as PA, PA2 should be an example of how to make a proper sequel to a great first film which stays true to the original's overall tone. And considering the fact that we are familiar of the set up before, PA2 still has its own share of effective scares. Now that's an accomplishment. Paranormal Activity is one of those rare gems where you love it or you hate it. Most audiences don't like to sit through what they like to call nothing when the film is genuinely trying to build up to tension, to get to know the characters before plummeting them against the unknown. I really like the establishing of the characters where we get to know Christi, Hunter, Ali and heck, even the dog. The premise is simple: A family related to Katie in the first film moves into a house, has a baby, and everything seems to be like one big happy family. Then one day they find that their house is in shambles. Naturally, they want to discover why so a surveillance system is set up to monitor the house. What they discover is that there is something beyond a simple break-in and their lives, especially their baby, could be in jeopardy. 'Paranormal Activity 2' is so scary and chilling; if you don't scream out loud at least twice, there is something wrong with you. Not only is it much scarier than the first, it transitions the two films perfectly. You leave with an understanding of both movies, and the jump-out-of-your-seat moments in this film surpasses the first. i loved it, Must watch.
Parent of a 17 year old Written byCarolineAnne13 October 19, 2010

There is an R rating for a reason.. 17 and up is just fine

I think that most people reviewing this film are assuming that the normal parent is taking their preteen to see this movie. Yes, there is some language, but no worse than what a sixth grader can hear on the bus on the way to school. It is not for the faint of heart, but compare to the SAW movies or the good old 'Freddy and Jason', this scary movie shows very tame blood and gore, with no actual visible menace present.
Adult Written bykrisma October 19, 2010